Daily GK Update 13 Oct 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2020. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current affairs)
♦Kerala becomes first state to have completely digital, hi-tech classrooms in all public schools
- Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan has declared the state public education sector completely digital as Kerala has become the first state in the country to have high-tech classrooms in all its public schools.
- The high-tech classroom project was implemented by Kerala Infrastructure and Technology for Education (KITE) with financial assistance from Kerala Infrastructure Investment Fund Board (KIIFB).
- MP and MLA funds, local self-government institutions fund were also utilised for setting up the classrooms.
Note: About Kerala
- Capital: Thiruvananthapurama
- Governor: Arif Mohammad Khan
- Chief minister: Pinarayi Vijayan
♦PM releases the autobiography of Dr. Balasaheb Vikhe Patil titled ‘Deh Vechwa Karani’
- Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi released the autobiography of Dr. Balasaheb Vikhe Patil titled ‘Deh Vechwa Karani’ through video conferencing. He renamed Pravara Rural Education Society as ‘Loknete Dr. Balasaheb Vikhe Patil Pravara Rural Education Society’.
- About Dr. Balasaheb Vikhe Patil: Eknathrao alias Balasaheb Vikhe Patil (10 April 1932 – 30 December 2016) was a member of the 14th Lok Sabha of India. He represented the Kopargaon and Ahmednagar (South) constituency of Maharashtra and was a member of the Indian National Congress (INC) political party.
- He later joined Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP). He was a minister in the NDA. He was a prominent leader of Maharashtra and eldest son of Vithalrao Vikhe Patil, who started Asia’s first Co-operative sugar factory at Loni in Maharashtra. He was awarded the prestigious civilian award Padma Bhushan on 31 March 2010 for his outstanding work in the field of Social Work. He was seven time MP, former Union Minister of State (Finance) and Union Cabinet Minister (Heavy Industries), Government of India.
International (Current affairs)
♦India Ranks 129 in Oxfam’s Commitment to Reducing Inequality (CRI) Index 2020
- India has been ranked 129 among 158 countries in the 2020 Commitment to Reducing Inequality (CRI) Index. The third edition of the index focuses on Fighting Inequality in the time of COVID-19.
- The index is released by the international charitable organisation ‘Oxfam International’ in partnership with Development Finance International and with inputs from independent experts.
- The 2020 CRI index has been topped by Norway. South Sudan is the lowest ranking country in the index at 158th position.
- Rank 1:Norway
- Rank 2: Denmark
- Rank 3: Germany
- Rank 158: South Sudan
List of India’s Rank Different Index 2020
- World Happiness Index 2020-144th
- Heritage Foundation Index of Economic Freedom 2020-120th
- International Intellectual Property (IP) Index-40th
- Child flourishing index rankings 2020-77th
- Global passport Index 2020-84th
- Global Press Freedom Index 2020-142
- IMD’s World Competitiveness Index 2020: 43rd
- Sustainable Development Goals Index 2020: 117th
- Global Innovation Index 2020-48th
- Global economic freedom ranking 2020-105th
- Human Capital Index 2020: 116th
- World risk index 2020: 89th
♦Prince William Officially Launches Earthshot, the Nobel of Environmental Prizes
- Britain’s Prince William officially announced the launch of a $65 million-dollar prize to solve some of the climate crisis’ most urgent challenges. Prince William’s original announcement of the Earthshot prize at the end of 2019, including the prize amount.
- Starting in 2021, the Earthshot will award five prizes worth $1.3 million every year for the next decade. The prize’s five “earthshot” categories cover protecting and restoring nature, improving air quality, reviving oceans, reducing waste and addressing climate change.
Banking & Financial
♦Exim Bank’s Government of India supported Line of Credit (LoC) of USD 310 million to the Government of the Republic of Zimbabwe
- Export-Import Bank of India (Exim Bank) has entered into an agreement with the Government of the Republic of Zimbabwe, for making available to the latter, Government of India supported Line of Credit (LoC) of USD 310 million (USD Three Hundred and Ten million only) for the purpose of financing repowering of Hwange Thermal Power Station in the Republic of Zimbabwe.
- The Agreement under the LoC is effective from September 30, 2020. Under the LoC, the terminal utilization period is 60 months after the scheduled completion date of the project.
Note: About Republic of Zimbabwe
- Capital: Harare
- President: Emmerson Mnangagwa
- Currency: United States Dollar
♦Exim Bank extends $400 mn soft loan to Maldives for connectivity project
- India has extended a USD 400 million (about Rs 2,932 crore) soft loan to Maldives through the Exim Bank to finance a connectivity project in the nation of islands on 12th October.
- The Export-Import Bank of India (Exim Bank) on behalf of the Government of India has extended a Line of Credit (LoC) of USD 400 million for undertaking Greater Male’s connectivity project in Maldives. With the signing of the above agreement, Exim Bank has till date extended three LoCs worth a cumulative USD 1.2 billion to Maldives, on behalf of India.
- Exim Bank said the soft loans to Maldives have funded connectivity, water, sewerage projects, Addu Development Project, an international cricket stadium, Gulhifalhu port, Hanimaadhoo airport and road construction work.
Note: About Maldives
- Capital: Malé
- Currency: Maldivian rufiyaa
- President: Ibrahim Mohamed Solih
♦India and ADB Sign $300 Million Loan to Develop Rajasthan’s Secondary Towns
- The Government of India and the Asian Development Bank (ADB) on 13th October signed a $300 million loan to finance inclusive and sustainable water supply and sanitation infrastructure and services in 14 secondary towns of the state of Rajasthan.
- Aims: Project aims to provide better quality and more sustainable water supply and sanitation (WSS) services in the project towns that will improve quality of life in these towns, including for the poor and vulnerable after signing the loan agreement.
List of Loan approved by ADB 2020
- $177 million-To upgrade 450 kilometers (km) of state highways Maharashtra
- $346 million-Provide reliable power connection in rural areas of Maharashtra.
- $1 billion- loan for construction of Delhi-Meerut RRTS
- $100 million-Indian infrastructure sector through the government-promoted NIIF.
- $270 million– Madhya Pradesh Urban Services Improvement Project
♦Los Angeles Lakers wins 17th NBA Championship
- The Los Angeles Lakers defeated the Miami Heat to win the National Basketball Association (NBA) Championship 2020.
- This is the 17th NBA title win for LA Lakers and also there first since 2010, after late Kobe Bryant’s fifth and final title a decade ago.
♦13th October: International Day for Disaster Reduction
- International Day for Disaster Reduction began in 1989, after a call by the United Nations General Assembly for a day to promote a global culture of risk-awareness and disaster reduction.
- Held every 13 October, the day celebrates how people and communities around the world are reducing their exposure to disasters and raising awareness about the importance of reining in the risks that they face.
- Theme 2020: Disaster risk governance’
Recommended for RBI Assistant & SBI Clerk Mains
- Computer Capsule for RBI Assistant Mains 2020 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2020
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account