Daily GK Update, 14 July 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2020. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦NATGRID to have access to database that links around 14,000 police stations
- The National Intelligence Grid (NATGRID) has signed a memorandum of understanding with the National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB) to access the centralised online database on FIRs and stolen vehicles.
- The MoU, signed in March, will give NATGRID access to the Crime and Criminal Tracking Network and Systems (CCTNS) database, a platform that links around 14,000 police stations. All State police are mandated to file First Information Reports (FIR) in the CCTNS.
International (Current Affairs)
♦Madeline Swegle becomes US Navy’s first Black female fighter pilot in its 110-year history
- Lt. j.g. Madeline Swegle made history by becoming the U.S. Navy’s first Black female tactical fighter pilot.
- Swegle graduated the U.S. Naval Academy in 2017 and is assigned to the Redhawks of Training Squadron (VT) 21 at Naval Air Station Kingsville in Texas.
Banking and Financial
♦India’s GDP growth in FY21 to contract 4.5%: FICCI
- Industry body FICCI on 12th July said its Economic Outlook Survey has projected the country’s annual median GDP growth for 2020-21 at (-) 4.5 per cent. With the rapid spread of COVID-19 pandemic manifesting into an economic and healthcare crisis globally, the latest forecast marks a sharp downward revision from the growth estimate of 5.5 per cent reported in the January 2020 survey.
Note: India GDP projected F21
- RBI- (-)1.5%
- SBI- (-)6.8%
- CIRIS: (-) 5%
- Fitch: (-) 5%
- S&P- (-) 5%
- Care Rating: (-)6.4%
♦Visa Partners With Federal Bank For Visa Secure For E-Commerce
- Visa has announced its partnership with Federal Bank to roll out Visa Secure to the bank’s cardholders. Visa Secure is a global authentication program that uses the latest standards of the EMV 3DS (3D Secure) protocol.
- Besides providing additional layers of authentication for issuers and merchants to combat online frauds, the upgraded technology provides a quicker and frictionless checkout experience to consumers.
♦U.S. remains India’s top trading partner in 2019-20
- The US remained India’s top trading partner for the second consecutive fiscal in 2019-20, which shows increasing economic ties between the two countries.
- According to the data of the commerce ministry, in 2019-20, the bilateral trade between the US and India stood at USD 88.75 billion as against USD 87.96 billion in 2018-19.
♦ISRO Chief Sivan Named As 2020 Von Karman Award Recipient By IAA
- ISRO chief Dr Kailasavadivoo Sivan continues to make a name for his self as the space scientist has now been named as the recipient of the 2020 Von Karman Award of the International Academy of Astronautics. The award which is the highest distinction of the Academy will be conferred in March 2021 in Paris.
- About Award: The International Academy of Astronautics (IAA) was also founded by von Karman who was the first President of the organization which is committed to expanding the frontiers in space. The von Karman award was established in 1982 and is the premier award of the Academy.
- Prior to K Sivan, two Indians namely – Krishnaswamy Kasturirangan and U.R. Rao – have been recipients of the award.
♦Chhattisgarh’s CM Darpan Portal and mobile app get award by IT institution
- The Mukhyamantri Darpan and mobile App which contains the details of all the flagship schemes of the Chhattisgarh government including the ambitious ‘Suraji Gaon Yojna’ has been awarded “Elites Excellence Awards-2020″ at the national level.
- The state of Chhattisgarh has been awarded this honour by the country’s prestigious IT institution Elites Technomedia under the ‘Digital India initiative’.
- Purpose: Both the website and the mobile application have been developed by Chhattisgarh Infotech Promotion Society (CHiPS) and was released last month on June 10 by Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel. The purpose of this website and mobile app is to directly monitor the flagship schemes of the Chhattisgarh government from the Chief Minister’s Secretariat and provide real-time information to the common citizens.
Note: About Chhattiisgarh
- Chief minister: Bhupesh Baghel
- Governor: Anusuiya Uikey
- Capital: Raipur
♦Manoj Kumar Nambiar re-elected as MFIN chairperson
- The Microfinance Institutions Network (MFIN), a self-regulatory organisation for microfinance industry, on 14th July announced re-election of Manoj Kumar Nambiar as its chairperson for another year.
- It also said that Devesh Sachdev has been appointed as vice-chairperson of the governing board.
♦12th July: Malala Day 2020
- Malala Day is commemorated on July 12, the birthday of Malala Yousafzai, to honour women and children’s rights around the world. On October 9, 2012, Malala was shot in the head by Taliban gunmen after she publicly advocated for the education of girls.
Revision July Important Day
- July 1: Doctor’s Day & National Postal Worker Day
- 2nd July: World Sports Journalists Day 2020
- July 6: World Zoonoses Day
- 7th July: World Chocolate Day
- July 11: World Population Day
♦Veteran Gujarati journalist, columnist, writer Nagindas Sanghvi passes away at 100
- Veteran Gujarati journalist, columnist, writer and political analyst Nagindas Sanghvi passed away in Surat. He was 100 and suffering from acute asthma. Mr. Sangvi was conferred Padma Shri award in the year 2019. He was in teaching at Bhavan’s College Andheri from 1951 to 1980.
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION (DI) 2020 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here