Daily GK Update: 14 May 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK & Current affairs. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Uttarakhand CM launches ‘ HOPE’, a portal for unemployed youth to get jobs
- Uttarakhand Chief Minister Trivendra Singh Rawat on 13th May launched a portal aimed at creating employment avenues for the trained youth as well as offering them skill development opportunities to increase their employability.
- The portal, ‘HOPE’ – Helping Out People Everywhere, has already begun collecting data on the youths staying in the state as well as migrant youths who have returned recently from outside.
Note: About Uttarakhand
- Chief minister: Trivendra Singh Rawat
- Governor: Baby Rani Maurya
- Summer capital: Gairsain
- Winter Capital: Dehradun
♦PM CARES Fund Trust Allocates Rs. 3100 Crore for Fight against COVID-19
- PM CARES (Prime Minister’s Citizen Assistance and Relief in Emergency Situations) Fund Trust today decided to allocate Rs. 3100 Crore for fight against COVID-19. Out of Rs 3100 crore, a sum of approximately Rs.2000 crore will be earmarked for the purchase of ventilators, Rs. 1000 crores will be used for care of migrant labourers and Rs.100 crores will be given to support vaccine development.
- The trust formed on 27th March 2020 is headed by Hon’ble Prime Minister (ex-Officio) and other ex-officio Members of the trust are Defence Minister, Home Minister and Finance Minister. While announcing this package, the Prime Minister has thanked all the donors for their generosity in contributing to the PM CARES Fund which will support India’s fight against COVID-19.
♦Tamil Nadu’s Arumbavur wood carvings and Thanjavur netti work get GI tag
- The Thanjavur Netti Works and Arumbavur wood carvings have been given Geographical Indication (GI) tag by the Geographical Indications Registry here in Chennai.
- Arumbavur wood carvings: The wooden sculpture made in the village of Veppanthattai in Perambalur district of TN is world famous. These wood carvings are made out of wooden logs of Indian siris (Poo Vaagai, Albizia lebbeck), mango (Mangifera indica), lingam tree (Mavilangam), Indian ash tree (Othiyan – Odina wodier), rosewood, neem tree (Vembu – Azadirachta indica).
- The most famous of all kinds of monasteries like Lord Vinayaka, Goddess Saraswati, Lord Krishna, Lord Siva and Goddess Parvathi can be seen in Arumbavur Wood Carvings.
- Thanjavur Netti Works: This art works are done by using pith, which is obtained from netti, a hydrophyte plant called as Aeschynomene aspera that adorned the palace of Rajaraja Chola. The raw material is taken from the stem of the Netti plant in the Pudukottai lake (Pudukullam & Kallaperumbur lake), which are then dried in the sun and then applied to the sculpture. The soil found in Thanjavur is favourable for the growth of the plant.
- Netti sculptures are designed with small needles, small needles, blades, scissors and knives. The sculptures that give us the shape we wanted are in the glass ark of various houses with glittering beauty and adorn the reception.
Recentaly GI tag List
- Manipur Chak-Hao, Gorakhpur terracotta gets GI tag (1 may 2020)
- Kashmiri Saffron Gets GI Tag (4 May 2020)
- Sohrai Khovar painting of Jharkhand has received the Geographical Indication (GI) (13 May 2020)
- The Telia Rumal of Telangana has received the Geographical Indication (GI) tag (13 May 2020)
♦India ranks 74th on WEF’s global Energy Transition index; Sweden on top
- India has moved up two places to rank 74th on a global energy transition index, which has ranked 115 economies on how well they are able to balance energy security and access with environmental sustainability and affordability.
- Sweden remains on the top on this annual list compiled by Geneva-based World Economic Forum (WEF) and is followed by Switzerland and Norway in the top three, as per its latest report released on 12th May.
- Among major economies, the UK is ranked 7th, Singapore 13th, Germany 17th, Japan 18th and the US 27th.
- Within Asia, Malaysia is ranked highest at 31st, Sri Lanka is 60th, Bangladesh 90th and Nepal 93rd.
List of India’s Rank Different Index 2020
- World Happiness Index 2020-144th
- Economic Freedom Index 2020-120th
- International Intellectual Property (IP) Index-40th
- Child flourishing index rankings 2020-77th
- Global passport Index 2020-84th
- Global Press Freedom Index 2020-142
♦India Post releases special postal cover for migrant workers
- India Post on May 13 paid a tribute to migrant workers by releasing a special postal cover dedicated to them in Mumbai, a press release by the Press Information Bureau has said.
- Migrant workers from across India have been making their way back to their home states by opting for any mode of transport available after the announcement and extension of national lockdown by the government. Reports suggest that a number of workers, devoid of any transport, have also taken to walking hundreds of kilometres to reach their hometowns.
- According to the government, five migrant workers from different sectors were called to release the postal cover.
Banking and Financial
♦India to grow at 1.2% in CY20, global GDP to shrink by 3.2%, says UN
- The UN slashed India’s projected growth rate to 1.2 per cent in 2020 and forecast that the global economy will contract sharply by 3.2 per cent as the Covid-19 pandemic paralyses the world, sharply restricting economic activities, increasing uncertainties and unleashing a recession unseen.
- The World Economic Situation and Prospects as of mid-2020 released on 13th May by the UN said that global gross domestic product is forecast to shrink by 3.2 per cent in 2020, with only a gradual recovery of lost output projected for 2021.
Note: India GDP projected F21
- India Ratings & Research-3.5%
- World Bank:1.5% to 2.8%
- ADB– 4%
♦Vidyavathi appointed New Archaeological Survey chief
- The Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) got a new Director General with the appointment of IAS officer V. Vidyavathi on 12th mAY.
- Ms. Vidyavathi is a 1991 batch Karnataka cadre officer, according to the order of the Appointments Committee of the Cabinet on 12 May. She will be serving in the rank of Additional Secretary to the Government of India.
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION (DI) 2020 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here