Daily GK Update 14 September 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2020. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current affairs)
♦Odisha Govt Launches “GARIMA” Welfare Scheme For Sanitation Workers
- Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on 12th September launched ” GARIMA” a new Scheme to ensure Safety and Dignity of Core Sanitation Workers of the State. Under this scheme, about 20,000 core sanitation workers and their families covering one lakh population are likely to be benefitted.
- Aims: The scheme aims to identify through state wide survey and register core sanitation workers, mandates registration of sanitation service providers, ensures provision of necessary machines and appropriate PPEs to ensure safe working conditions.
Note: List of some important Odisha Govt. scheme
- ABADHA scheme
- PEETHA scheme
- Kalia scheme
- Balaram Scheme
♦J&K govt. announced Free health insurance for J&K residents
- Jammu & Kashmir government announced the health scheme in which the government will provide universal health insurance.
- The scheme which is implemented by Lt Governor in convergence with Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (AB-PMJAY) will provide universal health insurance coverage to all the residents of Jammu & Kashmir.
- The package covered in the scheme includes all-important life-consuming diseases such as cancer and kidney failure. COVID-19 is also covered in the recent scheme.
Banking and Financial
♦ADB, Suguna Foods sign USD 15 mn financing deal
- The ADB on 12th September annouced it has signed a pact for a USD 15-million debt financing through the subscription of non-convertible debentures for Suguna Foods, to help sustain poultry farming operations, rural livelihoods and food security in India during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Suguna, one of India”s largest poultry broiler enterprises, has been significantly affected by supply disruptions caused by the nationwide lockdown to contain COVID-19.
List of Loan approved by ADB 2020
- $177 million-To upgrade 450 kilometers (km) of state highways Maharashtra
- $346 million-Provide reliable power connection in rural areas of Maharashtra.
- $USD 1.5 billion-Help fund its fight against coronavirus pandemic.
- $60 million-Aavas Financiers Ltd, to improve access to housing finance for lower-income borrowers, particularly women.
- $1 billion- loan for construction of Delhi-Meerut RRTS
- $100 million-Indian infrastructure sector through the government-promoted NIIF.
♦Moody’s revises forecast India’s GDP to contract by (-11.5%)
- Moody’s Investors Service has forecast India’s real GDP to contract by (-) 11.5% in fiscal 2020-21, much weaker than its previous estimate of a 4.0 per cent contraction.
- Moody’s said, growth is expected to rebound to 10.6 per cent in 2021-22, reflecting a strong statistical base effect from the low GDP levels of 2020 as economic activity slowly normalises.
Note: India GDP projected F21
- India Ratings & Research-(-)11.8%
- SBI– (-)10%
- CIRIS: (-) 5%
- Fitch: (-) 10.5%
- S&P- (-) 9%
- Care Rating: (-)8%
- FICCI: (-)4.5%
♦Care Ratings revises India’s GDP projection from -6.4 to – 8% for FY 21
- Care Ratings on 12th September revised its GDP projection from -6.4 to – 8% for Financial Year 2021.
- CARE Ratings had a projection of -6.4% degrowth in GDP for FY21. This was based on the expected progress of the lockdown and unlock processes which were prevalent in the country at that time.
♦S&P projects India’s GDP to contract 9% in FY21
- S&P Global Ratings on 14th September slashed its FY21 growth forecast for India to (-) 9 per cent, from (-) 5 per cent estimated earlier.
- Saying that rising COVID-19 cases would keep private spending and investment lower for longer. “One factor holding back private economic activity is the continued escalation of the COVID-19,” S&P Global Ratings Asia-Pacific Economist Vishrut Rana said.
♦FDI inflow from China declines to USD 163.77 million in FY20
- There has been decline in foreign direct inflow from China in the last three years with FDI coming down to USD 163.77 million in 2019-20, Minister of State for Finance Anurag Singh Thakur informed Lok Sabha on 14th September.
- Giving details of the total foreign direct investment (FDI) inflow from Chinese companies in India, he said, it was USD 350.22 million in 2017-18, while it declined to USD 229 million in the following year.
- During 2019-20, FDI further came down to USD 163.77 million, he said in a written reply on the first day of the monsoon session.
♦Infosys to buy Czech consultancy firm GuideVision for 30 million euros
- IT firm Infosys annunced it signed a definitive agreement to acquire GuideVision, an enterprise service management consultancy for up to 30 million euros including earn-out and bonuses.
- GuideVision specialises in offering strategic advisory, consulting, implementations, training and support on the ServiceNow platform. Which Infosys said is one of the fastest growing enterprise software companies, and is becoming an ‘essential service’ and workflow standard for organizations.
♦Aditya Puri conferred Lifetime Achievement Award by Euromoney 2020
- Aditya Puri, MD, HDFC Bank was conferred the Lifetime Achievement Award by Euromoney Awards of Excellence 2020.
- The publication has recognised the iconic leader for his skills in building a world-class Indian bank at a time where there were no similar institutions in existence.
♦US Open 2020: Highlights and Winners
- The 2020 US Open was the 140th edition of tennis’ US Open and the second Grand Slam event of the year. French Open and Wimbledon event has been canceled due to Covid19. READ MORE……………………..
♦Lewis Hamilton wins chaotic Tuscan Grand Prix
- Lewis Hamilton took his 90th career victory by beating Mercedes team-mate Valtteri Bottas in a chaotic, incident-strewn Tuscan Grand Prix.
- Valtteri Bottas and Red Bull’s Thai-British driver Alex Albon took second and third position respectively.
List of Winner 2020 F1 Race
- Styrian Grand prix– Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes-Britain)
- Austrian Grand Prix– Valtteri Battas (Mercedes-finland)
- Hungarian Grand Prix- Lewis Hamilton
- British Grand Prix -Lewis Hamilton
- F1 70th Anniversary Grand Prix- Max Emilian Verstappen (Netherland)
- Spanish Grand Prix– Lewis Hamilton
- Belgian Grand Prix- Lewis Hamilton
- Italian Grand Prix- Pierre Gasly
♦12 September: World First Aid Day 2020
- The World First Aid Day is observed on the second Saturday of September every year to create awareness about the importance of first aid in preventing injuries and saving lives. The World First Aid Day 2020 is being observed on 12 September.
- Theme 2020: First aid saves lives
♦14 September: National Hindi Diwas 2020
- Every year, September 14 is celebrated as Hindi Diwas across India.
- On this day in 1949, the Constituent Assembly of India adopted Hindi as the official language of the Republic of India and since then, it is celebrated as Hindi Diwas every year.
Note: Different Language day
- Arabic-December 18,
- English-April 23,
- Chinese-April 20,
- French-March 20,
- Russia-June 6,
- World Hindi day– 10 January
Recommended for RBI Assistant & SBI Clerk Mains
- Computer Capsule for RBI Assistant Mains 2020 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2020
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book|
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
- More Daily Current Affairs Click here
- Get Free PDFs
- Banking Awareness Study Notes
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here