Daily GK Update 14 , 15 Nov 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020 :
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2020. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦PM to unveil ‘Statue of Peace’ to mark 151st Birth Anniversary celebrations of Jainacharya Shree Vijay Vallabh Surishwer Ji Maharaj on 16th November
- Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi will unveil ‘Statue of Peace’ to mark the 151st Birth Anniversary celebrations of Jainacharya Shree Vijay Vallabh Surishwer Ji Maharaj, on 16th November 2020.
- Shree Vijay Vallabh Surishwer Ji Maharaj (1870-1954) led an austere life as a Jain Saint working selflessly and dedicatedly to spread the message of Lord Mahavira. He also worked relentlessly for the welfare of masses, spread of education, eradication of social evils, wrote inspiring literature (poetry, essays, devotional hymns and Stavans) and gave active support to the freedom movement and the cause of Swadeshi.
- With his inspiration, more than 50 educational institutions of eminence, including colleges, schools and study centres, are operational across several States. The Statue to be unveiled in his honour has been named as ‘Statue of Peace’.
♦Ayodhya lights record number of diyas, retains Guinness World Record for second year
- The north Indian city of Ayodhya kept its Guinness World Record for a second year by lighting 6,06,569 oil lamps (diyas) and keeping them burning for at least 45 minutes as part of Deepavali celebrations..
- Thousands of volunteers lit the lamps along the banks of river Saryu, through lanes and at houses as dusk fell on November 13 in Ayodhya. The city lit 4,09,000 oil lamps last year.
Banking & Financial
♦RBI imposes Rs 1 cr penalty on PNB for unauthorised ATM operations
- Punjab National Bank on 14th Nov the RBI has imposed a penalty of Rs 1 crore on it for contravention of the Payment and Settlement Systems Act.
- Reason: “RBI has observed that the Bank was operating a bilateral ATM sharing arrangement with Druk PNB Bank Ltd, Bhutan, (international subsidiary of the Bank), since April, 2010 without the prior approval / authorisation from RBI.
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) imposed the Rs 1 crore penalty for “contravention of the nature referred to in Section 26 (6) of the Payment and Settlement Systems Act, 2007 (PSS Act)”.
♦RIL’s retail arm RRVL picks up 96% stake in Urban Ladder for over Rs 182 cr
- Billionaire Mukesh Ambani-owned Reliance Industries’ retail arm has picked up 96 per cent stake in online furniture retailer Urban Ladder for over Rs 182 crore.
- Reliance Retail Ventures Ltd (RRVL), a subsidiary of Reliance Industries (RIL) , has acquired equity shares of Urban Ladder Home Decor Solutions Pvt Ltd for a cash consideration of Rs 182.12 crore.
♦ED Director S K Mishra’s tenure extended by one year
- The Union government has extended the tenure of ED Director Sanjay Kumar Mishra by a year after modifying his appointment order that was issued in 2018.
- Mishra, 60, is a 1984-batch Indian Revenue Service officer of the Income Tax cadre and was appointed the Enforcement Directorate chief on November 19, 2018. His tenure was to end the next week at the ED director’s post comes with a fixed term of two years.
- His appointment will be for a period of three years from the date of assumption of charge of the post or until further orders.
♦Nitish Kumar To Be Chief Minister of Bihar For 4th Term, Will Take Oath on 16th Nov
- Nitish Kumar will be the Chief Minister of Bihar for a fourth straight term, the NDA announced after a meeting of its legislators. The alliance has got 125 of Bihar’s 243 assembly seats, three above the halfway mark.
- Nitish Kumar has already served three full terms as the state’s chief minister and is now all set to get his fourth term. However, it may be noted that 69-year-old Nitish Kumar has taken oath six times as Bihar chief minister and this will be the seventh time.
List of Some Confusing CM Name
- Meghalya: Conrad Sangma
- Mizoram: Pu Zoramthanga
- Nagaland: Shri. Neiphiu Rio
- Sikkim: Prem Singh Tamang
- Tripura: Biplab Kumar Deb
- Manipur: Shri Nongthombam Biren Singh
♦Bangladeshi teen Sadat Rahman wins International Children’s Peace Prize
- Bangladeshi teen Sadat Rahman has been awarded the International Children’s Peace Prize for his work to stop cyber bullying of teens.
- The award was given away on 13th Nov by the Nobel Peace Prize laureate Malala Yousafzai during a ceremony in the Netherlands. The prize is given away by the international children’s rights organization KidsRights to a child who fights courageously for children’s rights.
♦India Successful test fires Quick Reaction Surface-to-Air “QRSAM Missiles”
- India test fired all-weather Quick Reaction Surface-to-Air-Missiles at the Chandipur Test Fire Range On November 13, 2020. It is called “QRSAM” and is a canister-based system.
- The missile is capable of striking aerial target at a height of 15 km. It is launched from mobile two vehicle system. One of the vehicles in the system carries the missile and the second carries the radar. The radar can track 100 targets simultaneously. Also, it is capable of engaging six targets simultaneously.
Latest missile launched by India in 2020 and Range
- “Prithvi II” (350KM)
- “Brahmos” (400KM)
- “Shaurya” (1000KM)
- “Pranash” (200KM)
- “K-4 nuclear” (3500KM)
♦November 14: World Diabetes Day
- Every year, World Diabetes Day is celebrated on November 14. The celebrations of the World Diabetes Day is led by International Diabetes Federation.
- The World Diabetes Day was launched in 1991 by the World Health Organization and the International Diabetes Federation.
- Theme 2020: Nurses make the difference for Diabetes
♦November 14: Children’s Day
- Children’s Day is celebrated across India to increase awareness of the rights, care and education of children. It is celebrated on 14 November every year as a tribute to India’s First Prime Minister, Jawaharlal Nehru. Fondly known as Chacha Nehru among children, he advocated for children to have fulfilled education.
- Nehru considered children as real strength of a nation and foundation of society. On this day, many educational and motivational programs are held across India for children.
- The celebration of Children’s Day in India dates back to 1956. Prior to the death of Pt. Jawaharlal Nehru, India celebrated Children’s Day on 20 November (the date observed as Universal Children’s Day by the United Nations).
♦November 14-International Day against Illicit Trafficking in Cultural Property
- On 14 November 2020, UNESCO celebrates the first International Day against Illicit Trafficking in Cultural Property, adopted by UNESCO’s General Conference in 2019. This international day is particularly symbolic, since this year we are also celebrating the 50th anniversary of the 1970 Convention.
- Aims: UNESCO aims to raise awareness about illicit trafficking and calls on the international community to reinforce the fight against this scourge and to highlight the importance of this issue, because looting, selling, or buying cultural property resulting from illicit trafficking contributes to dispossessing peoples of their heritage, their history, their identity and therefore their future.
♦ Legendary Bengali actor Soumitra Chatterjee passes away at 85
- Legendary Bengali actor Soumitra Chatterjee passed away on 15th Nov. The legendary Bengali actor had been ‘critical’ for a while. The critically-acclaimed actor was admitted to the hospital on October 6 after he tested positive for Covid-19.
- The Dadasaheb Phalke award-winning actor is best known for his collaborations with Oscar-winning director Satyajit Ray, with whom he worked in fourteen films.
- Chatterjee is known for portraying the protagonist in many acclaimed films of maestro Satyajit Ray. He had made his film debut in ‘Apur Sansar’, the last of the Apu trilogy by Satyajit Ray.
Recommended for RBI Assistant & SBI Clerk Mains
- Computer Capsule for RBI Assistant Mains 2020 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2020
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|