Daily GK Update 14 Oct 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2020. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current affairs)
♦Indian, Taiwanese think tanks join hands to foster cooperation in Indo-Pacific region
- The Taiwan-Asia Exchange Foundation (TAEF), a leading think tank from Taiwan has signed a memorandum with India’s National Maritime Foundation (NMF) in order to foster cooperation in the Indo-Pacific region as part of Taiwan’s South bound policy.
- “The signing of the memorandum marks the think tanks’ consensus on maintaining regional prosperity and peace, which could serve as a foundation for Taiwan-India relations.
Note: About Taiwan
- Capital: Taipei
- President: Tsai Ing-wen
- Currency: New Taiwan dollar
♦Rs 75 Commemorative coin to be released in India to mark the 75th Anniversary of FAO
- Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi will release a commemorative coin of Rs 75 denomination in order to mark the long-standing relation of India with Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) on the occasion of 75th Anniversary of FAO on October 16, 2020.
- He would also be dedicating recently developed 17 biofortified varieties of 8 crops.
International (Current affairs)
♦China and Russia win seats on U.N. rights council, Saudis lose
- China, Russia and Cuba won seats on the U.N.’s premiere human rights body on October 13 despite opposition from activist groups over their abysmal human rights records, but another target, Saudi Arabia, lost.
- Russia and Cuba were running unopposed, but China and Saudi Arabia were in a five-way race in the only contested race for seats on the Human Rights Council.
- In secret-ballot voting in the 193-member U.N. General Assembly on that race, Pakistan received 169 votes, Uzbekistan 164, Nepal 150, China 139 and Saudi Arabia just 90 votes.
Banking & Financial
♦RBI raises banks’ aggregate exposure limit for small businesses
- Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has raised the banks’ maximum aggregate retail exposure limit to entities with turnover up to Rs 50 crore to Rs 7.5 crore. Earlier this limit was Rs 5 crore. The decision has been taken to increase credit flow to small businesses.
- The risk weight of 75 per cent will apply to all fresh exposures and also to existing exposures where incremental exposure may be taken by the banks up to the revised limit of Rs 7.5 crore.
Note: About RBI
- Governor: Shaktikanta Das
- Deputy Governor: B.P. Kanungo
- Deputy Governor: Mahesh Kumar Jain
- Deputy Governor: M. D. Patra
- Deputy Governor: M Rajeshwar Rao
♦IMF projects India’s GDP to contract 10.3% in FY21
- The International Monetary Fund (IMF) on 13th October projected India’s gross domestic product (GDP) to plunge in FY21 by 10.3%.
- Revised down since its June forecast of 4.5% drop, reflecting a severe-than-anticipated contraction in economic activities in the first quarter as a result of the nationwide lockdown as well as the rapidly spreading pandemic. IMF estimates the GDP of India to grow at 8.8 per cent in 2021-22.
Note: India GDP projected F21
- NCAER- (-)12.6%
- India Ratings & Research-(-)11.8
- World Bank: (-9.6%)
- ADB– (-)9%
♦Suraksha Kavach- Joint Anti Terrorist Exercise By Army and Police
- The Agnibaaz Division which is a formation of Southern Command of the Indian Army organised a joint exercise for both Indian Army and Maharashtra Police at Lullanagar Pune on October 9, 2020. The Agnibaaz division has been headquartered at Pune and is also known as the 41 Artillery Division.
- Aims: The primary aim of the exercise was to harmonise the drills and procedures of Indian Army and Police. This was done for activating the anti-terrorist Quick Reaction Teams (QRTs) in order to counter any terrorist actions in Pune.
List of military domestic exercises
- Gandiv Vijay
- Paschim Lehar
- Vayu Shakti
- Vijay Prahar
- Megh Prahar
- ‘Chang Thang’
- “Him Vijay”
- Sudarshan Chakra Vahini exercise
- ‘Sindhu Sudarshan’
♦14th October: World Standards Day
- Each year on 14 October, the members of the IEC, ISO and ITU celebrate World Standards Day, which is a means of paying tribute to the collaborative efforts of thousands of experts worldwide who develop the voluntary technical agreements that are published as International Standards.
- Theme 2020: “Protecting the planet with standards”
♦Eminent Kuchipudi exponent Shobha Naidu passes away
- Renowned Kuchipudi dance exponent, Shobha Naidu, died in Hyderabad on 14th October.
- Shobha Naidu was awarded the civilian honour of Padma Shri by the Government of India in 2001. In 1991 she was awarded the Sangeet Natak Akademi award and before that she was awarded the title of ‘Nritya Choodamani’ by the Sri Krishna Gana Sabha of Madras.
Recommended for RBI Assistant & SBI Clerk Mains
- Computer Capsule for RBI Assistant Mains 2020 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2020
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
- More Daily Current Affairs Click here
- Get Free PDFs
- Banking Awareness Study Notes
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here