Daily GK Update, 15 July 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2020. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦UNICEF INDIA announced its partnership with FICCI for #Reimagine Campaign
- UNICEF INDIA announced its partnership with Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry’s (FICCI), Socio-Economic Development Foundation (SEDF)to jointly develop UNICEF’s#Reimagine Campaign to support the most vulnerable populations and children during the COVID-19 response and its after-math in India.
- FICCI SEDF will reach out to its membership base to garner support for the campaign and leverage its resources like cash and core assets to mobilize funds that can be utilized to help generate support for the most vulnerable population affected due to COVID disruption. The partnership will also help avoid potential long-term damage to business operations and employment pipelines, and their most important resource, their personnel, their children and their families.
♦Nabard to organise ‘Digital Choupal’ on its 39th foundation day
- The National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (Nabard) announced it conduct its first ‘Digital Choupal’ via video conferencing with participants of various projects initiated by it, to share their experiences about the projects they are involved in.
- Nabard is organising Digital Choupal on July 13 to mark its 39th foundation day.
- Nabard shall conduct its first ‘Digital Choupal’, a video conference with project holders of seven projects, at Rajnandgaon, Chamba, Chitradurga, Nashik, Nuapada and Baghpat, joining in with their experience from the projects they have been involved in, and their outlook on taking it forward.
International (Current Affairs)
♦Mukesh Ambani becomes World’s 6th richest man, after surpassing Sergey Brin and Larry Page
- India’s richest man Mukesh Ambani surged past Silicon Valley tech titan Elon Musk as well as Alphabet co-founders Sergey Brin and Larry Page to become the world’s sixth-richest person.
- The chairman of Reliance Industries Limited, whose wealth surpassed Warren Buffett’s last week, is now worth $72.4 billion, according to the Bloomberg Billionaires Index.
Note: Top 3 Richest Persons
- Jeff Bezos(US)-USD 184B
- Bill Gates(US)-USD 115B
- Bernard Arnault(France)-USD 94.5B
Banking and Financial
♦Google to pick 7.7% stake in Jio for ₹33,737 crore
- Google has agreed to invest ₹33,737 crore to buy a 7.7% stake in Reliance Industries’ technology venture, adding to a slew of investments since April that has crossed ₹1.52 lakh crore.
- Reliance has sold 32.84% stake in Jio Platforms Ltd – the unit that houses India’s youngest but largest telecom firm Jio Infocomm and apps. In total, Jio has raised ₹1,52,055.45 crore.
List of Company Jio stake buyer
- 22nd April: Facebook 9.99 percent stake at Rs 43,573.62 crore
- 4th May: Silver Lake 1.15 percent stake at Rs 5,655.75 crore
- 8th May: Vista 2.32 percent stake at Rs 11,367 crore
- 17th May: General Atlantic 1.34 percent stake at Rs 6,598.38 crore
- 22nd May: KKR 2.32 percent stake at Rs 11,367 crore
- 5th June: Mubadala 1.85 percent stake at Rs 9,093.60 crore
- 5th June: Silver Lake: 0.93 percent stake at Rs 4,546.80 crore
- 7th June: ADIA 1.16 percent stake at Rs 5,683.50 crore
- 13th June: TPG 0.93 percent stake at Rs 4,546.80 crore
- 13th June: L Catterton 0.39 percent stake at Rs 1,894.50 crore
- 18th June: PIF 2.32 percent stake at Rs 11,367 crore
- 2nd July: Intel Capital 0.39 percent stake at Rs 1,894.50 crore
- 12th July: Qualcomm Ventures 0.15% stake at Rs 730cr.
- 15th July: Google 7.7% stake at 33,737cr.
♦NABARD launches Scheme: Rs 5,000 crores allocated to computerise PACS
- The National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) has launched a refinance scheme for financial institutions and banks. It has allocated Rs 5,000 crores for the scheme.
- Aim: Under the scheme, the Primary Agricultural Credit Societies are to be turned into multi-service centres. The fund allocated under the scheme is to be made available to financial institutions and banks to lend to the beneficiaries in 2,150 water shed development projects.
- NABARD has also launched the scheme to computerise PACS (Primary Agricultural Credit Societies). Under the scheme, 5,000 PACS are to be upgraded in the initial phases, 15,000 by 2022 and another 15,000 by 2023.
Note: About Nabard
- Founded: 12 July 1982
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Chairman: Chintala Govinda Rajulu
♦ADB appoints Election Commissioner Ashok Lavasa as new vice-president
- Election Commissioner Ashok Lavasa has been appointed the vice-president of private sector operations and public-private partnerships by the Asian Development Bank (ADB), a statement issued by bank in Manila.
- The ADB statement announcing his appointment said: “He will succeed Diwakar Gupta, whose term will end on 31 August. Mr. Lavasa has a long and distinguished career in the Indian civil service… He has extensive experience in public–private partnerships and infrastructure development at the State and federal levels, with deep knowledge on public policy and the role of private sector.”
Note: About ADB
- Headquarters: Manila, Philippines
- President: Masatsugu Asakawa
- Founded: 19 December 1966
- Membership: 68 countries
♦Hemang Amin, Appointed as the Interim CEO of BCCI
- “Hemang Amin has been given the interim charge of CEO of BCCI (Board of Control for Cricket in India). The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) has appointed IPL chief operating officer Hemang Amin as the interim chief executive officer (CEO).
♦Legendary Hockey Player Ashok Kumar, Honoured with Lifetime Achievement Award of Mohun Bagan Football Club
- The 70 years old Legendary Hockey Player Ashok Kumar, key player of the 1975 World Cup winning Indian Hockey team was honoured with the Lifetime achievement award by the city football club – Mohun Bagan Athletic Club on its foundation day over the virtual ceremony.
♦15th July: World Youth Skills Day
- Every year, World Youth Skills Day is celebrated on July 15. The day is celebrated to recognize the importance of equipping young people with skills of employment, entrepreneurship and decent work.
- Theme 2020: Skills for a resilient youth
Revision: July Important Day
- July 1: Doctor’s Day & National Postal Worker Day
- July 2nd: World Sports Journalists Day 2020
- July 6: World Zoonoses Day
- 7th July: World Chocolate Day
- July 11: World Population Day
♦July 14: Bastille Day
- Every year on July 14, the French Government celebrates Bastille Day. It is also called the French National Day. The day commemorates the storming of Bastille in 1789.
- The storming of Bastille is considered as symbol of French Revolution.
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION (DI) 2020 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here