Daily GK Update, 15 June 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2020. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Indian Railways creates new world record by successfully running first Double-Stack Container Train in OHE electrified territory
- Indian Railways has created a new world benchmark by successfully running first Double-Stack Container Train in high-rise in Over Head Equipment electrified territory on Western Railway.
- This tremendous achievement is a first of its kind in the entire world and will also boost the ambitious mission of Green India.
- The Operations successfully commenced on 10th June from Palanpur and Botad stations in Gujarat. The Ministry said, Railways has transported more than 178 million tonnes of commodities from 1st April to 10th of June this year.
♦Central Railways launches robotic ‘Captain Arjun’ for screening of passengers for COVID-19
- Central Railways has launched a robot named ‘Captain Arjun” for the screening of passengers for COVID-19 infection and surveillance on railway premises in Pune.
- “Robotic Captain “ARJUN” is an innovative step by the Central Railway, Pune division to enhance the security and safety of passengers.”
♦Govt launches Aarogya Path portal for healthcare supply chain
- The central government digitally launched AarogyaPath on June 12, 2020. It is a web-based solution for the healthcare supply chain portal. It will provide real-time availability of critical healthcare supplies for manufacturers, customers, and suppliers.
- As per the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, the integrated public platform launched by the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) will help customers in tackling a number of issues such as limited access to suppliers, time-consuming processes to identify good quality products, dependence on limited suppliers, etc
Current Affairs (International)
♦Facebook, Google and Microsoft join hands for “Project Protect” to fight online child sexual abuse
- Facebook joined Google, Microsoft and 15 other tech companies to announce the formation of “Project Protect”: A plan to combat online child sexual abuse – a renewed commitment and investment from the Technology Coalition expanding its scope and impact to protect kids online and guide its work for the next 15 years.
The new initiative, Project Protect, will focus on five key areas. They are:
- Tech innovation
- Collective Action
- Independent Research
- Information and Knowledge Sharing
- Transparency and Accountability
- Facebook said it has made its photo and video-matching technologies open source, which allows industry partners, developers and non-profits to more easily identify abusive content and share digital fingerprints of harmful content and allow hash-sharing systems to communicate with each other.
Banking and Financial
♦Exim Bank extends $216 million credit line to Malawi govt
- Export-Import Bank of India (Exim Bank) on 12th June announced it has extended a line of credit (LOC) worth $215.68 million to the Malawi government for drinking water supply schemes and other development projects.
- With the signing of this agreement, Exim Bank, so far, has extended five LOCs to Malawi, on behalf of the Indian government, taking the total value of LOCs extended to $395.68 million.
- Projects covered under the LOCs extended to Malawi includes supply of irrigation network, tobacco threshing plant, cotton processing facilities, green belt initiative, sugar processing equipment, fuel storage facility and construction of a new water supply system from Likhubula river in Mulanje to Blantyre.
- With the signing of this LOC, Exim Bank has now in place 260 LOCs, covering 62 countries in Africa, Asia, Latin America and the CIS, with credit commitments of around $25.68 billion, available for financing exports from India.
Note: About Malawi
- Capital: Lilongwe
- Currency: Malawian kwacha
- Country in East Africa
♦Nature Index 2020: Index of Scientific Research
- Nature Research, has released the Nature Index 2020. The Nature Index provides a database of high-quality research output and collaboration at the institutional, national and regional level of institutions from different countries.
- India has ranked 12th, globally in science research output as per the recently-released Nature Index table 2020.
- Globally the top-rated Indian institutions in this list are CSIR, a group of 39 institutions at the 160th position and IISc Bangalore at the 184th.
Criteria for the Ranking
- Sectors: Academic and Corporate.
- Subjects: Chemistry, Earth and Environmental Science, Life Sciences, Physical Sciences.
- Journal Group: Nature and Science.
|1||United States of America|
♦NIRF Pharmacy Colleges Ranking 2020
- The National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) is a methodology determined by the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India, to rank Indian institutes of higher education in the country. The NIRF Pharmacy Colleges Ranking 2020 has been announced by the HRD Minister, Ramesh Pokhriyal on June 11, 2020.
- NIRF has released the ranking of 75 pharmaceutical colleges in India.
- The parameters for NIRF Ranking 2020: Teaching, Learning, & Resources (TLR), Research Productivity, Impact and IPR (RPII), Graduation Outcomes (G0), Outreach & Inclusivity (OI), Perception (PR)
|NIRF Rank||Name of the colleges||Scores (Out of 100)|
|1||Jamia Hamdard, New Delhi||80.5|
|2||Panjab University, Chandigarh||79.8|
|3||National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research, Mohali||74.73|
|4||Institute of Chemical Technology, Mumbai||74.5|
|5||National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research, Hyderabad||73.81|
|6||Birla Institute of Technology & Science, Pilani||72.95|
|7||Manipal College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Udupi||67.42|
|8||National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research Ahmedabad, Gandhinagar||65.64|
|9||JSS College of Pharmacy, Ooty||65.6|
|10||JSS College of Pharmacy, Mysore||64.58|
♦Imtaiyazur Rahman is appointed as the CEO of UTI Mutual Fund
- Imtaiyazur Rahman was appointed as the acting CEO two years ago. The Board of UTI Mutual Fund has confirmed him as Chief Executive Officer of UTI Asset Management Committee.
- Rehman was the internal candidate for the position which fell vacant after Leo Puri completed his five-year term in August, 2018. He joined the UTI Group in 1998 and is with the AMC since 2003.
♦15th June: World Wind Day 2020
- World Wind Day, also known as Global Wind Day, is observed every year on June 15. The event is celebrated to spread awareness about wind energy, the various uses of wind energy, and the ways and possibilities as to how wind energy can help change the world.
Revision June Important Day
- 1 June- World Milk Day & Global Day of Parents
- 2 June- International Sex Workers Day & Telangana Formation Day
- 3 June- World Bicycle Day
- 4 June- International Day of Innocent Children Victims of Aggression
- 5 June– World Environment Day-
- 7 June- World Food Safety Day
- 8 June-World Brain Tumor Day & World Oceans Day
- 12 June– World Day Against Child Labour
- 14 June- World Blood Donor Day
♦15th June: World Elder Abuse Awareness Day 2020
- World Elder Abuse Awareness Day is an initiative launched by the International Network for the Prevention of Elder Abuse and the World Health Organisation at the United Nations.
- The day is observed on June 15. The principal goal of World Elder Abuse Awareness Day is to provide our communities around the globe with an opportunity to get a better knowledge of abuse and neglect of older people.
- Theme 2020: “Lifting Up Voices”
♦15th June: National Nature Photography Day
- National Nature Photography Day 2020 will be celebrated on June 15. Here are some breathtaking images that you must see and share ahead to admire Earth.
- Nature is so inspiring and unique, it makes people want to capture every moment, as we might not be able to see or experience it again.
♦Vasant Raiji, world’s oldest first class cricketer, passes away at age of 100
- It’s a sad day for the cricketing world as it lost its oldest living first-class cricketer, Vasant Raiji. Raiji completed a century in his real life as he passed away at the age of 100.
- Raiji was born in Baroda and went on to play for the city as well as Bombay in the Ranji Trophy as an opener. In total, he played 9 first-class games, scoring 277 runs at an average of 23.08.
♦Dronacharya of Kerala hockey’ Sreedhar Shenoy passes away
- Shenoy is a hockey coach from Kerala who earned the nickname ‘Dronacharya of Kerala hockey’ thanks to his relentless work with children at the grassroots level. The 72-year-old passed away on 14th June due to stomach ailments but has left a lasting legacy on many generations of hockey players from the state.
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION (DI) 2020 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here