Daily GK Update: 15 May 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK & Current affairs. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦West Bengal govt launches ‘Matir Smristi’ scheme to utilise 50,000-acre barren land in 6 districts
- The West Bengal government on 13th may launched a scheme to utilise 50,000 acres of barren land in six districts for income-generating activities like horticulture and pisciculture.
- Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee said her government had been working on the ‘Matir Smristi’ scheme, which will benefit around 2.5 lakh people in rural Bengal.
- “There is at least 50,000 acre of barren land in Bankura, Birbhum, Purulia, Jhargram, West Burdwan and West Midnapore districts, which cannot produce anything naturally nor can the farmers cultivate on the strip. WB Govt. have decided to use this for horticulture and pisciculture involving the locals.
Note: About West Bengal
- Governor: Jagdeep Dhankhar
- Capital: Kolkata
- CM: Mamata Banerjee
♦Health Minister Dr. Harsh Vardhan participates in the 32nd Commonwealth Health Ministers
- Union Health Minister Dr. Harsh Vardhan participated in the 32nd Commonwealth Health Ministers’ Meeting through Video Conference on 14th
- The theme of the meeting was- Delivering a co-ordinated Commonwealth COVID-19 response.
- Participating in the meeting the Union Health Minister expressed his deepest condolences and concern at the loss of lives due to COVID-19 and further added that the Health Ministry of India acknowledge the tremendous contribution of the numerous frontline health service providers as well as other civic bodies in saving precious lives.
♦MHRD launched e-Governance platform “SAMARTH”
- Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) has developed an e-Governance platform, SAMARTH Enterprises Resource Planning (ERP), under the National Mission of Education in Information and Communication Technology Scheme (NMEICT).
- Aim: The aim of the e-Governance platform, SAMARTH, is to provide quality education to students across all Universities & Higher Education Institutions (HEIs). The objective of this initiative is to automate the processes of the Institute.
International (Current Affairs)
♦Coronavirus may never go away, warns WHO
- The European Union’s medicines agency suggested on 14th May that a vaccine for the coronavirus (COVID-19) could be ready in year, even as the World Health Organization (WHO) warned that the disease may never go away.
- World leaders past and present have insisted that any eventual vaccines and treatments should be made available to everyone free of charge, with the global death toll from the disease cross 300,000.
Note: About WHO
- Headquarters: Geneva, Switzerland
- Founded: 7 April 1948
- Head: Tedros Adhanom
Banking and Financial
♦Finance minister Nirmala Sitharaman announced the third tranche: Highlights
- Finance minister Nirmala Sitharaman announced the third tranche of the mammoth Rs 20 lakh crore stimulus package on 15th May.
- The eleven measures announced dealt with upgrading farm infrastructure, animal husbandry & fisheries and governance reforms. The finance minister said that the three tranches of stimulus announced so far is aimed at empowering people to help them become self-sufficient and earn livelihoods. READ MORE…………….
♦Federal Bank, MoneyGram tie up for direct-to-bank account credit service
- MoneyGram Payment Systems has tied up with Federal Bank to offer a cost-effective direct-to-bank account credit option for customers in India.
- “Through this partnership, millions will be able to receive deposits directly in their bank accounts without leaving the confines of their homes, which is imperative in the current situation. Private sector Federal Bank has an over 15 per cent share of the country’s remittance market and expects that the tie-up with MoneyGram will give the business a further boost.
♦World Bank approves $1 billion loan to support India’s fight against COVID-19
- The World Bank on 15th May approved a USD 1 billion loan to support India’s efforts for providing social assistance to the poor and vulnerable households, severely impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- This takes the total commitment from the World Bank towards emergency COVID-19 response in India to USD 2 billion. A USD 1 billion support was announced in April towards immediate support to India’s health sector.
♦Vice Admiral GM Hiranandani rolling trophy awarded in Kochi
- Lieutenant Commander Akshay Kumar of the Anti-Submarine Warfare School of the Southern Naval Command in Kochi was awarded the Vice Admiral G.M. Hiranandani Memorial Rolling Trophy for the year 2020 by Vice Admiral A.K. Chawla, Flag Officer Commanding-in-Chief of the SNC, at a ceremony held at the Maritime Warfare Centre (Kochi) on 13th May.
- This trophy was instituted in 2013 for the officer performing best in tactics during the year-long warfare specialisation course.
Appointment & Resign
♦WTO chief Roberto Azevêdo announces resignation
- World Trade Organization Director-General Roberto Azevêdo on 14th May announced plans to step down later this year, one year before his term’s
- In a statement to the WTO’s members, he said he’ll resign Aug. 31, three years into his second four-year term.
Note: About WTO
- Headquarters: Geneva, Switzerland
- Membership: 164 member states
- Founded: 1 January 1995
♦15th May: International Day of Families 2020
- Every year, May 15 is celebrated as the International Day of Families, with an aim to celebrate and spread awareness about the benefits of the family systems to the masses. The day aims to call attention to everything about and which revolves around families, society’s basic unit.
- Theme 2020: “Families in Development: Copenhagen & Beijing + 25”.
List of important Day (May)
- May 17: World Telecommunication Day & World Hypertension Day
- May 18: World AIDS Vaccine Day & International Museum Day
- May 21: National Anti-Terrorism Day
- May 22: International Day for Biological Diversity
- May 24: Commonwealth Day
♦Third Friday of May: National Endangered Species Day 2020
- The third Friday of May is celebrated as National Endangered Species Day across the globe to raise awareness about endangered species and wildlife.
- National Endangered Species Day gives us the opportunity to increase our knowledge about wildlife and endangered species and take key steps to save them.
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION (DI) 2020 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here