Daily GK Update 15 September 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2020. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦ PM Modi addresses the ‘Grih Pravesham’ event in MP
- Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has addressed the ‘Grih Pravesham’ event in Madhya Pradesh through video conferencing. Under this, 1.75 Lakh Families in Madhya Pradesh were delivered pucca houses under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana- Grameen (PMAY-G).
- This social welfare program was initiated to meet the objectives of the “Housing for All” scheme by the year 2022.
International (Current Affairs)
♦ Women empowerment: India beats China, becomes member of United Nations’s ECOSOC
- In a significant development, India has been elected as the member of the Commission on Status of Women (CSW), a body of the Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC). India will be a member of the prestigious body for four years, 2021 to 2025.
- Three countries including, India, China and Afghanistan had contested the elections to the United Nation’s Commission on Status of Women. While New Delhi and Kabul won the poll among the 54 members, China could not cross the half-way mark.
- UN ECOSOC: The CSW promotes women’s rights, highlights the reality of women’s lives throughout the world and helps in shaping global standards on gender equality and the empowerment of women.
♦ Yoshihide Suga to succeed Shinzo Abe as Japan’s prime minister
- Yoshihide Suga was elected as the new head of Japan’s ruling party on 14th September, virtually guaranteeing him parliamentary election as the country’s next prime minister.
- Suga received 377 votes in the ruling Liberal Democratic Party election to pick a successor to Prime Minister Shinzo Abe, who announced last month that he would resign due to health problems. The other two contenders received a combined 157 votes.
Note: About Japan
- Capital: Tokyo
- Currency: Japanese yen
♦ ADB’s prediction of Asian economy shrinking for the first time since 1960s
- The prediction of the Manila-based Asian Development Bank says due to pandemic hit the Asian economy is going to shrink for the first time since the early 1960s. It also stated that the period will continue until next year with a downfall in the level of growth as projected before the pandemic.
- In June the GDP projection showed a significant increase of 0.1% but in 2020, the gross domestic product of the region is going to decline by 0.7%. The GDP will downgrade by 9% this year in India because of the stalled private spending amid the lockdown.
Banking & Financial
♦ India GDP forecast: ADB expects growth to contract by 9% in FY21
- ADB expects India’s FY21 GDP growth to contract by (-) 9% as the coronavirus pandemic weighs heavily on economic activity and consumer sentiment in the country.
- In its Asian Development Outlook (ADO) 2020 update, ADB projected a strong recovery for the Indian economy in 2021-22, with gross domestic product (GDP) growing by 8 percent as mobility and business activities resume more widely.
Note: India GDP projected F21
- India Ratings & Research-(-)11.8%
- SBI– (-)10%
- CIRIS: (-) 5%
- Fitch: (-) 10.5%
- S&P- (-) 9%
- Care Rating: (-)8%
- FICCI: (-)4.5%
♦ ICICI Lombard announces bancassurance tie-up with Yes Bank
- ICICI Lombard General Insurance has entered into a bancassurance tie-up with private sector lender YES Bank.
- Aims: “The partnership will provide the bank’s diverse customer base access to the insurer’s portfolio and make insurance more accessible to its customers across India. it aims to offer innovative insurance solutions to the bank’s customers across the country.
♦ TikTok to merge with Oracle
- Byte Dance a Chinese Company which owns a popular video-sharing app called TikTok in its recent merger deals choose Oracle a US-based firm. Byte Dance was instructed by Trump’s administration to either close its operation in the US or sell the company to a US-based company.
- Recently TikTok was trapped in a controversy where India banned its operation and app use in the country.
♦ Subhash Kamath becomes new Chairman of ASCI
- Subhash Kamath has been elected as the chairman of the board of governors of the Advertising Standards Council of India (ASCI).
- Kamath, who was serving as ASCI vice-chairman, will replace Rohit Gupta.
Note: About Advertising Standards Council of India
- Founded: 1985
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra.
♦ Haryana IAS officer Rajesh Khullar appointed executive director of World Bank
- The appointments committee of the cabinet has approved the appointment of Haryana IAS officer Rajesh Khullar as executive director, World Bank headquarters, in Washington DC.
- A 1988 batch IAS officer, Khullar is currently posted as principal secretary to chief minister Manohar Lal Khattar. He will join the World Bank in first week of November.
- The World Bank after receiving Khullar’s nomination from the Union ministry of finance will hold an election to select him for appointment by October. His tenure will be for three years from the date of assumption of charge or till he retires in August 2023.
Note: About World Bank
- President: David Malpass.
- Headquarters: Washington D.C., United States.
- Founded: July 1944.
♦ Sameer Kumar Khare appointed Executive Director of ADB
- Sameer Kumar Khare has been appointed Executive Director of the Asian Development Bank (ADB), Manila.
- Sameer Kumar Khare is a 1989-batch IAS officer of Assam-Meghalaya cadre and is currently the additional secretary in the Department of Economic Affairs. He has been appointed Executive Director of ADB for a tenure of three years.
Note: About ADB
- President: Masatsugu Asakawa.
- Headquarters: Mandaluyong, Philippines.
- Founded: 19 December 1966.
♦ 15th September: Engineer’s Day
- Mokshagundam Visvesvaraya, popularly called ‘Sir MV’ was one of India’s finest engineers. The birth anniversary of M Visvesvaraya, on September 15, is celebrated as Engineer’s Day in India every year.
- In 1955, M Visvesvaraya was awarded India’s highest civilian honour, the Bharat Ratna for his immense contribution to the development of the country.
Revision Important Days and Dates of September 2020
- September 2: Coconut Day
- September 5: Teachers’ Day
- September 8: International Literacy Day
- September 14: Hindi Diwas
♦ 15th September: International Day of Democracy
- International Day of Democracy is celebrated on September 15 every year to raise awareness about democracy. This day helps people around the world to learn and review democracy in the world.
- On November 8, 2007, the UN General Assembly announced 15 September as International Day of Democracy and since then it is celebrated annually. The day helps people to come out, celebrate, and promote democracy across the globe.
Book and Author
♦ Gauri Khan announces her debut book ‘My Life in Design’
- Interior designer, Gauri Khan has authored her first book titled “My Life In Design”, which will be published by Penguin Random House India in 2021.
- It is a coffee-table book, in which Gauri has written about her journey as a designer.
Recommended for RBI Assistant & SBI Clerk Mains
- Computer Capsule for RBI Assistant Mains 2020 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2020
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book|
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
- More Daily Current Affairs Click here
- Get Free PDFs
- Banking Awareness Study Notes
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here