Daily GK Update 15 Jan 2021, Daily Current Affairs 2021 :
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2021. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2021, Daily GK Update 2021. All the important updates based on current affairs 2021 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2021 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2021 State and NRA CET Exam of 2021.
National (Current Affairs)
♦No foreign guest at 2021 Republic Day event first time in 55 years
- Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, no foreign guest will be present at the Republic Day parade on January 26, 2021, something that has been one of the highlights of the annual event celebrating the country’s diversity at the heart of Delhi.
- Announcing the development, Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) Spokesperson Anurag Srivastava. Due to the global COVID-19 situation, it has been decided that this year there will not be a foreign head of state or head of govt as the chief guest at our Republic Day event.”
♦IFFI 2021 to celebrate the work of legendary filmmaker Satyajit Ray
- The 51st International Film Festival of India (IFFI) will be celebrating the work of legendary filmmaker Satyajit Ray by screening five of his classics.
- As part of the tribute, the festival will showcase Ray’s acclaimed “Pather Panchali”, the first film of his The Apu Trilogy, 1964 romantic drama “Charulata”, “Sonar Kella”, his 1977 Hindi directorial debut “Shatranj Ke Khilari” and “Ghare Baire” (1984).
♦India’s first Fire Park comes up in Odisha
- Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on 13th Jan inaugurated the ‘Fire Park’, a first of its kind initiative in the country, to bring awareness on fire safety measures.
- He also launched a dynamic online portal, ‘AgnishamaSeva’ of Odisha Fire Service on virtual platform.
Note: About Odisha
- Capital: Bhubaneswar
- Governor: Ganeshi Lal
- Chief minister: Naveen Patnaik
International (Current Affairs)
♦11 Indian companies find place among Hurun Global 500 for 2020
- Mukesh Ambani-led Reliance Industries Ltd (RIL), with a networth of $169 billion, ranked 54 among the 500 most valuable companies in the world and Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) came in 73rd, according to the 2020 Hurun Global 500 ranking.
- According to the ranking, with a networth of $2.1 trillion, Apple topped the charts as the most valuable company in the world, followed by Microsoft and Amazon with $1.6 trillion each and Alphabet with $1.2 trillion.
- 1st Rank-Apple ($2.1 trillion)
- 2nd Rank– Micro Soft ($1.6 trillion)
- 3rd Rank-Amazon ($1.2 trillion)
- 54th Rank-Reliance Industries Ltd ($169 billion)
- 73rd Rank-TCS ($139 billion)
- 105TH Rank-HDFC ($107.5 billion)
♦Donald Trump becomes the first U.S. President to be impeached twice
- President Donald Trump was impeached by the U.S. House for a historic second time on January 13, charged with “incitement of insurrection” over the deadly mob siege of the Capitol in a swift and stunning collapse of his final days in office.
- He was first impeached in 2019 over his Ukraine dealings. The House voted 232-197 to impeach Mr Trump.
Banking & Financial
♦Fitch Ratings Projects GDP of India at -9.4% in FY21
- The Fitch Ratings expect the gross domestic product (GDP) of India to contract by 9.4 per cent in FY21 (April 2020 to March 2021).
- Fitch further projects the GDP to expand by 11 per cent in FY22 (April 2021 to March 2022).
Note: India GDP projected F22 (2021-2022)
- Word Bank-5.4%
- Brickwork Ratings-11%
- Nomura –13.5%
- BofA Securities-9%
♦Intel appoints Pat Gelsinger as New CEO
- Intel has appointed Pat Gelsinger as its new Chief Executive Officer, effective 15th Feb 2021. Gelsinger will also join the Intel board of directors upon assuming the role.
- He will succeed Bob Swan, who will remain CEO until 15 Feb.
List of Some World’s Top Company and CEOs or MD
- Microsoft-Satya Nadella
- Apple– Tim Cook
- Amazon-Jeff Bezos
- Dell Technologies -Michael Dell
- Oracle-Safra Catz
- HP– Enrique Lores
- Ericsson– Börje Ekholm
- Google– Sundar Pichai
- HCL Technologies-C Vijayakumar
- HSBC-Noel Quinn
- IBM-Arvind Krishna
♦14th January: Indian Armed Forces celebrate Fifth Veterans Day
- Fifth Indian Armed Forces Veterans Day was celebrated On 14th Jan as recognition of the services rendered by the first Commander-in-Chief of Indian Armed Forces, Field Marshal KM Cariappa, OBE who retired on 14 Jan 1953.
- In India, the Armed Forces Veterans Day is observed each year on 14 January since 2017 to acknowledge and honour the selfless devotion and sacrifice of our veterans in the service of the nation.
♦15th January: Indian Army Day 2021
- On 15th Jan India celebrates its 73rd Army Day, all Army Command headquarters celebrate Army Day to commemorate the country’s soldiers.
- On this day in 1949 the Indian army got its first Indian chief in Lt Gen KM Carriappa who took over the command from General Francis Butcher, the last British commander-in-chief of India.
- Indian Air Force Day-8 October
- Indian Navy Day-4 December
Recommended PDF’s for 2021:
- Computer Capsule 2021 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2021
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2021 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|