Table of Contents
Daily GK Update: 16 & 17 May 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK & Current affairs. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦“Aatma Nirbhar Bharat” Package Details: In Shortcut
- PM announced a special economic package on 12 May. This will play an important role in the ‘Atmanirbhar Bharat Abhiyan’. The announcements made by the govt over COVID.
- These reforms will focus on strengthening the infrastructure, economy and buisness in India. Aatma Nirbharta will help India to excell in the competition of global supply change and the new economic package is made keeping in mind to increase the efficiency and improve quality of all sectors. READ MORE…………..
♦Shri Arjun Munda launches ‘Goal’ programme for Digital Skilling of Tribal Youth
- Union Minister for Tribal Affairs Shri Arjun Munda launched the “GOAL (Going Online As Leaders)” programme of the Ministry of Tribal Affairs (MoTA) in partnership with Facebook at a Webinar in New Delhi on 15th May.
- Aim: The GOAL programme is designed to provide mentorship to tribal youth through digital mode. The digitally enabled program envisages to act as a catalyst to explore hidden talents of the tribal youth, which will help in their personal development as well as contribute to all-round upliftment of their society.
♦Gujarat Govt launches ‘Atmanirbhar Gujarat Sahay Yojna’ to provide loans to small businessmen
- Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani on 14th May announced “Atmanirbhar Gujarat Sahay Yojana” wherein the urban and district cooperative banks and credit societies in the state will provide Rs 5,000 crore as loans to small entrepreneurs and businessmen here at an interest rate of two per cent.
- The government is also giving a moratorium on payment of the principal amount and interest for the first six months on the loans that will have be repaid in three years.
Note: About Gujarat
- Capital: Gandhinagar
- Chief minister: Vijay Rupani
- Governor: Acharya Devvrat
♦West Bengal Govt. announces two new schemes ‘Sneher Porosh’ & ‘Prochesta’
- The Chief Minister of West Bengal Mamata Banerjee launched two schemes ‘Sneher Porosh’ and to provide support for the migrant workers and ‘Prochesta’ to help the workers of the unorganised sector of Bengal to enable them to earn their living in the lockdown situation.
- Prochesta Scheme: Prochesta Scheme is to provide daily wages to all the daily wage workers whose livelihood are disturbed because of the national lockdown.
- Sneher Parash: Snehera Parash scheme is to provide support for the migrant workers of West Bengal who are stranded in different parts of the nation.
Note: About West Bengal
- Governor: Jagdeep Dhankhar
- Capital: Kolkata
- CM: Mamata Banerjee
International (Current Affairs)
♦Israel Names Street After Rabindranath Tagore On The Poet’s 159th Birthday
- Israel has named a street in Tel Aviv after celebrated Indian poet Rabindranath Tagore as a tribute on his 159th birthday.
- On May 7, the Israeli Embassy in India tweeted a photo of a signboard where the street was named Rehov Tagore; ‘rehov’ means street.
Note: About Israel
- Prime minister: Benjamin Netanyahu
- Capital: Jerusalem
- Currency: Shekel
Banking and Financial
♦GoI & AIIB sign agreement for USD 145 million to improve irrigation services in West Bengal
- The Government of India, the Government of West Bengal and the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) on 15th may signed a loan agreement for a US$145 million.
- Aim: Project to improve irrigation services and flood management in the Damodar Valley Command Area (DVCA) in West Bengal.
♦General Atlantic picks 1.34% stake in Jio platforms for Rs 6,598.38 cr.
- Reliance Industries on Sunday announced the sale of 1.34 per cent stake in its digital unit to global equity firm General Atlantic for Rs 6,598.38 crore, the fourth deal in less than four weeks that will inject a combined Rs 67,194.75 crore in the oil-to-telecom conglomerate to help it pare debt.
- “This investment values Jio Platforms at an equity value of Rs 4.91 trillion and an enterprise value of Rs 5.16 trillion. General Atlantic’s investment will translate into a 1.34 per cent equity stake in Jio Platforms on a fully diluted basis.
Other Share Holder
- Facebook-9.99 % (Rs. 43,574 crore.)
- Silver Lake– 1.15 % (Rs 5,665.75 crore)
- S-based Vista Equity Partners– 2.32% (Rs 11,367 crore.)
♦FDI in defence increased from 49% to 74%
- “The Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) in defence manufacturing under automatic route is also being raised from 49 per cent to 74 per cent,” the Finance Minister said.
- Industry leaders welcomed the move as former Vice Chief of Air Force and Missile manufacturer Air Marshal SB Deo said the announcements will give a boost to domestic defence industry and help them realise their full potential.
♦Defence Minsitry Approves Rs 400 Crore-Scheme For Testing Domestic Defence Products
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh on 15th may approved a Rs 400 crore-scheme to develop infrastructure to help domestic military firms carry out testing of indigenously developed military hardware.
- Aim: The Defence Testing Infrastructure Scheme (DTIS) is aimed at boosting domestic defence and aerospace manufacturing. The scheme would run for a duration of five years and aims to set up six to eight new testing facilities in partnership with private industry.
♦16th May: International Day of Living Together in Peace
- The UN General-Assembly, in its resolution 72/130, declared 16 May the International Day of Living Together in Peace, as a means of regularly mobilizing the efforts of the international community to promote peace, tolerance, inclusion, understanding and solidarity.
- 16 May 2018 will be the first time that the International Day of Living Together in Peace.
List of important Day (May)
- May 18: World AIDS Vaccine Day & International Museum Day
- May 21: National Anti-Terrorism Day
- May 22: International Day for Biological Diversity
- May 24: Commonwealth Day
- May 31: Anti-tobacco Day
♦Third Saturday in May: Armed Forces Day 2020
- Armed Forces Day 2020 is marked on May 16. The day is celebrated on the third Saturday in May.
- First conceived by President Harry S. Truman, the holiday was established in 1949. The creation of a single-day celebration for all five branches of the United States military made sense due to its recent unification under the Department of Defense.
♦16th May: International Day of Light
- The International Day of Light is celebrated on 16 May each year, the anniversary of the first successful operation of the laser in 1960 by physicist and engineer, Theodore Maiman.
- This day is a call to strengthen scientific cooperation and harness its potential to foster peace and sustainable development.
♦17th May: World Telecommunication and Information Society Day 2020
- May 17 is celebrated as the World Telecommunication and Information Society Day, as it marks the anniversary of the signing of the first International Telegraph Convention and the creation of the International Telecommunication Union.
- In November 2005, the World Summit on the Information Society officially asked the United Nations General Assembly to declare May 17 as World Information Society Day to focus on the significance of (Information and communication technology) ICT.
- Theme 2020: “Connect 2030: ICTs for the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)”.
♦17th May: World Hypertension Day 2020
- World Hypertension League (WHL) annually on 17 May to spread awareness about hypertension disease, its prevention, detection and control. The main risk factor to develop the cardiovascular disease is high blood pressure.
- Theme 2020: “Measure Your Blood Pressure, Control It, Live Longer.”
♦Bengali author Sahitya Akademi winner Debesh Roy passes away
- Veteran Bengali author Debesh Roy, who was conferred the Sahitya Akademi award for his novel ‘Teesta Parer Brittanto’, died at a private hospital here on 14th may. He was 84.
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION (DI) 2020 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here