Daily GK Update, 16 July 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2020. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Indian Railways’ 1st cable-stayed rail bridge, Anji Khad bridge
- A big milestone for a better and more connected India! The country’s “first cable-stayed” Indian Railways bridge – the magnificent Anji Khad Bridge will soon connect Katra and Reasi in Jammu and Kashmir.
- According to details shared by the Railway Ministry, the country’s first cable-stayed railway bridge is being developed by Konkan Railway Corporation Limited, which is a Government of India undertaking. The cable-stayed railway bridge is a part of the Udhampur-Srinagar-Baramulla Rail Link (USBRL) project.
- The Anji Khad Bridge has a single pylon, standing at a height of 331 metres above the river bed. The total length of the Anji Khad Bridge is 473.25 metres.
♦Poba Reserve Forest in Dhemaji to be Upgraded to Wildlife Sanctuary
- Assam Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal announced that the Poba Reserve Forest in Dhemaji district would be upgraded to a wildlife sanctuary. Poba Reserve Forest, declared in 1924 with an area of 10,522 hectares, is home to large number of flora and fauna.
List of Some Important Wildlife Sanctuary in Assam
- Amchang Wildlife Sanctuary
- Borail Wildlife Sanctuary
- Bornadi Wildlife Sanctuary
- Bura Chapori Wildlife Sanctuary
- Chakrashila Wildlife Sanctuary
- The Deepor Beel Wildlife Sanctuary
♦India’s first trans-shipment hub in Cochin port, Kerala
- Minister of State for Shipping (I/C) Shri Mansukh Mandaviya has reviewed the development activities of Vallarpadam Terminal of Cochin Port. It is envisaged as first trans-shipment port of India.
- It successfully fulfills all the criteria which are needed to develop it as trans-shipment hub which include:
- It is best positioned Indian port with regard to proximity to International sea routes;
- It is located at least average nautical distance from all Indian feeder ports;
- It entails a connectivity which has multiple weekly feeder connections to all ports on West & East
- Coast of India, From Mundra to Kolkata;
- It has proximity to key hinterland markets of India;
- It has the infrastructure to manage large ships and capacity to scale it up as per requirement.
- Vallarpadam Terminal of Cochin Port is proposed to be developed as most preferred gateway for South India and leading trans-shipment hub of South Asia
♦Indian Railways targets to become ‘Green Railway’ by 2030
- The Ministry of Railways is on a mission mode with the goal of transforming Indian Railways into Green Railways by 2030 and has taken a number of major initiatives towards mitigation of global warming and combating climate change. Railway Electrification, improving the energy efficiency of locomotives and trains and fixed installations, green certification for installations/stations, fitting bio-toilets in coaches and switching to renewable sources of energy are parts of its strategy of achieving net-zero carbon emission.
- Indian Railways has completed electrification of more than 40,000 Route km (RKM) (63 per cent of Broad Gauge routes) in which 18,605 km electrification work has been done during 2014-20. Previously, only 3,835 km electrification work was completed during the period 2009-14. Indian Railways has fixed a target of electrification of 7000 RKM for the year 2020-21.
Upcoming Government Scheme Project Targets Agendas List
- PM vision of $ 5 trillion Economy-2025
- To Eliminate TB-2025
- Housing for All-2022
- Doubling Farmers income-2022
- One Nation One Ration Card-2020
- To generate solar Power (500GW)-2030
- Har Ghar Jal-2024
- Utkarsh (Road Plan by RBI)-2022
- Clean Drinking water to all by-2024
♦Hyderabad Airport Gets India’s 1st and Only Completely Contactless Car Parking
- GMR Hyderabad International Airport Limited (GHIAL) that operates the city airport announced it is offering fully contact-less airport car parking service. “Apart from offering an end-to-end contact-less boarding experience for safe travel, GHIAL has also scaled up its NETC (National Electronic Toll Collection) FASTag Car Parking in collaboration with NPCI (National Payments Corporation of India).
- With this development, the Hyderabad international airport now offers the country’s first and only fully contact-less airport car parking experience for passengers and visitors.
International (Current Affairs)
♦Tunisian Prime Minister Elyes Fakhfakh resigns
- Tunisia’s prime minister resigned on 15th July amid suspicions of conflict of interest because of his stake in a waste processing company that won government contracts worth 15 million euro.
- The revelations about Elyes Fakhfakh’s holdings in the company led to weeks of political tensions at a time when the North African country is in deep economic and social crisis worsened by the virus pandemic and ensuing lockdown.
Note: About Tunisia
- Capital: Tunis
- Currency: Tunisian dinar
♦Commemoration of the 75th Anniversary of the UN
- By a modalities resolution adopted by UN Member States on 14 June 2019, the UN will mark its 75th anniversary with a one-day high-level meeting of the UN General Assembly on 21 September 2020 on the theme, ‘The Future We Want, the UN We Need: Reaffirming our Collective Commitment to Multilateralism’.
- The text was agreed through intergovernmental consultations led by the Permanent Representatives of Singapore and Iceland.
- The resolution also says Member States will commemorate the signing of the UN Charter on 26 June 2020 and UN Day on 24 October 2020 through observance ceremonies in New York, in addition to marking the anniversary in September.
♦Suriname elects Indian-origin ‘Chan’ Santokhi as President
- Suriname, a small country in South America with a significant Hindu population, elected a new president Monday, ending the dictatorial rule of Desi Bouterse.
- Chan Santokhi, an Indian-origin former police chief, won a landslide victory in the general elections conducted in the country in May. Santokhi, who was also the leader of Opposition, replaced Bouterse, who is facing murder charges and has also been convicted of drugs smuggling abroad.
Note: About Suriname
- Capital: Paramaribo.
- Currency of Suriname: Suriname Dollar.
♦Brett Lee becomes brand ambassador of SportsAdda
- Former Australian fast bowler and cricket legend Brett Lee has been signed by SportsAdda as its brand ambassador. SportsAdda is an Indian news and information platform that provides all updates, insights and statistics for cricket, football, and kabaddi.
Note: List of brand ambassador
- Anti-doping brand ambassador- Suniel Shetty
- PUMA brand ambassador- Sunil Chhetri, Kareen Kapoor khan
- Pepsi’s brand ambassador- Salman Khan
- Mastercard -M. S Dhoni
- New Ambassador for World Wildlife Fund (WWF)-Viswanathan Anand
- JSW Cement: Sourav Ganguly & Sunil Chhetri
♦Tata’s Chandrasekaran, Lockheed’s Taiclet to receive USIBC Global Leadership Award
- Tata group Chairman N Chandrasekaran and Lockheed Martin CEO Jim Taiclet will receive the USIBC Global Leadership Award this year, business advocacy group USIBC said on 14th July.
- “Every year, the USIBC Global Leadership Awards are conferred upon executives in recognition of outstanding leadership and for promoting Indo-US trade and business,” Washington-based US-India Business Council (USIBC).
♦FIFA 2022 World Cup to be held in Qatar
- Federation Internationale de Football Association announced that the 2022 World Cup is to be held in Qatar.
- The 2022 FIFA World Cup will be the first world cup to be held in Arab World and also the first in a muslim-majority country. The World Cup would be the last to involve 32 teams as the teams are to be increased to 48 in 2026 tournament.
Note: About Qatar
- Capital: Doha
- Currency: Qatari Riyal
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION (DI) 2020 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here