Table of Contents
Daily GK Update 16th March 2021, Daily Current Affairs 2021
Current Affairs 12th March & 13th March: Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2021. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2021, Daily GK Update 2021. All the important updates based on current affairs 2021 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2021 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2021 State and NRA CET Exam of 2021.
National (Current Affairs)
♦MoU between India and Maldives on Cooperation in Sports and Youth Affairs
- The Union Cabinet, chaired by the Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi, was apprised of a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) signed between the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports of the Republic of India and the Ministry of Youth, Sports and Community Empowerment of the Republic of Maldives for cooperation in Sports and Youth Affairs. The MoU was signed on November, 2020.
- Benefits arising from bilateral cooperation in the field of sports and youth affairs with Maldives would be equally applicable to all sportspersons irrespective or their caste, creed, region, religion and gender.
Note: About Maldives
- Capital: Malé
- Currency: Maldivian rufiyaa
- President: Ibrahim Mohamed Solih
Banking & Financial
♦FM introduces Bill to raise FDI limit in insurance from 49% to 74%
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman on March 15, 2021 introduced a Bill in Rajya Sabha that seek to amend the Insurance Act to pave the way for 74 per cent foreign direct investment (FDI) in the sector.
- The Bill seeks to amend the Insurance Act, 1938. Currently, the permissible FDI limit in the life and general insurance stands at 49 per cent with ownership and management control with Indian.
Note: List of FDI Limits in Various Sectors
- Banking (Public Sector)-20%
- Banking (Pvt Sector)-74%
- Defence (Manufacturing)-74%
- Print Media-26%
- Civil aviation-100%
Appointment & Resign
♦Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s Principal Advisor P K Sinha resigns
- PK Sinha is learned to have stepped down from the post of Principal Advisor to the Prime Minister on 15th March.
- Sinha didn’t respond to a text message sent by ET. Emails sent to OSD (Communications and IT) at the PMO and the Principal Director General of the Press Information Bureau did not elicit a response. A person familiar with the development said Sinha had relinquished his position for ‘personal reasons.’
Note: About PM
- Principal Secretary to PM-Dr. P. K. Mishra
- National Security Advisor-Sh. Ajit Doval KC
- Advisor to PM-Sh. Amarjeet Sinha, Sh. Bhaskar Khulbe
- Additional Secretary to PM-Sh. S. Gopalakrishnan
♦Gowsalya Shankar honoured with International Woman of Courage 2021
- The U.S. Consulate honoured Tamil Nadu-based anti-caste activist and human rights defender Gowsalya Shankar with a nomination for the International Woman of Courage (IWOC) Award.
- The IWOC Award Certificate of Nomination was handed over to her by U.S. Consul General in Chennai Judith Ravin at an event ‘Courageous Women Inspire a Better World’ held in the city.
♦16 March – National Vaccination Day
- On 16 March every year, National Vaccination Day is observed in India which is also known as National Immunisation Day (IMD). It was first observed on 16 March 1995 when the first dose of Oral Polio Vaccine was given.
- It is an attempt to increase awareness for the eradication of polio from the planet earth.
♦Noted Kathakali Dancer Chemancheri Kunhiraman Nair passes away
- Veteran Kathakali artist Chemancheri Kunhiraman Nair has passed away in Kozhikode, Kerala. He was 105-year old. He was awarded Padma Shri in 2017 for his contributions to the dance form of Kathakali.
- Besides this, Chemencheri was also the recipient of several other awards like the Kerala Sangeeta Nataka Award in 1979, the Kerala Kalamandalam award in 2001, Kalaratnam award in 2009, Mayilpeeli award and Sangeet Natak Academi Tagore award.
♦Renowned painter Laxman Pai dies in Goa
- Renowned painter and Padma Bhushan awardee Laxman Pai died in Goa on March 14, 2021 at the age of 95. Other awards won by him included Padma Shri, Nehru Award and Lalit Kala Akademi Award.
Recommended PDF’s for 2021:
- Computer Capsule 2021 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2021
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2021 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|