Daily GK Update 16 , 17 Jan 2021, Daily Current Affairs 2021 :
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2021. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2021, Daily GK Update 2021. All the important updates based on current affairs 2021 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2021 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2021 State and NRA CET Exam of 2021.
National (Current Affairs)
♦India, Japan sign MoU to enhance cooperation in ICT, including 5G tech
- India, Japan sign MoU to enhance cooperation in ICT, including 5G tech. India and Japan on 15th Jan signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) to enhance cooperation in the field of Information and Communications Technology (ICT), including 5G standardisation.
- The MoU was signed by Minister for Communications, Electronics and IT Ravi Shankar Prasad and the Japanese Minister for Internal Affairs and Communications Takeda Ryota. It was exchanged through a video conference.
Note: About Japan
- Capital: Tokyo
- Currency: Japanese yen
- Prime minister: Yoshihide Suga
♦Govt brings forward target of 20% ethanol-blending with gasoline by 2025
- India plans to achieve 20% ethanol-blending with gasoline by 2025, five years ahead of its previous target, to help reduce its dependence on costly oil imports, the government said on January 14, 2021.
- In 2020, the government had set a target of reaching 10% ethanol-blending by 2022 – meaning 10% of ethanol mixed with 90% of gasoline – and 20% by 2030. India relies on foreign suppliers to meet more than 80% of its demand.
Upcoming Government Scheme Project Targets Agendas List
- PM vision of $ 5 trillion Economy-2025
- To Eliminate TB-2025
- Housing for All-2022
- Doubling Farmers income-2022
- To generate solar Power (500GW)-2030
- Har Ghar Jal-2024
- Utkarsh (Road Plan by RBI)-2022
- Clean Drinking water to all by-2024
- Achieve zero road accident fatalities: 2030
♦Piyush Goyal inaugurates the ‘Prarambh: Startup India International Summit’
- The Union Minister of Commerce and Industry, Consumer Affairs and Food and Public Distribution, Piyush Goyal has inaugurated the two-day ‘Prarambh’, Startup India International Summit in New Delhi on 15 January 2021.
- The Summit has been organized by the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT), under M/o Commerce & Industry.
♦Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas launched “SAKSHAM” awareness campaign
- The Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas recently launched SAKSHAM awareness campaign. The campaign was launched to spread awareness about green energy.
- The campaign will spread awareness about clean energy. It is a one-month long people centric fuel conservation campaign. The campaign is to be launched by the Petroleum Conservation Research Association (PCRA).
- The campaign is to create awareness in seven key drivers namely greater reliance on domestic sources to drive bio-fuels, moving towards gas based economy, cleaner use of fossil fuels, achieving renewable targets with the set deadlines, increased use of electric vehicles to decarbonize mobility, increased use of cleaner fuels and digital innovation across all energy systems.
♦Third Phase of PMKVY launched in 600 districts
- The Third Phase of Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana was launched on January 15, 2021 in 600 districts across the country. Spearheaded by the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, this phase will focus on new-age and COVID-related skills.
- Skill Development Minister Dr Mahendra Nath Pandey interacted with various students of the skill development centres. Skill India Mission-PMKVY 3.0 envisages training of eight lakh candidates over a scheme period of 2020-2021 with an outlay of Rs 949 crore. Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the Skill India Programme in 2015.
Note: About PMKVY
- Under: Ministry-Skill Development and Entrepreneurship
- Launched-16 July 2015
- Launched by (prime minister): Narendra Modi
- Sector: Skill Development
International (Current Affairs)
♦India has the largest diaspora in the world: United Nations
- The United Nations recently released the report “International Migration 2020 Highlights”. According to the report, the Indian diaspora is the largest in the world. More than 18 million people from India were living outside India as of 2020.
- The other countries with large diaspora are Mexico, China, Russia and Syria. According to the report, India’s diaspora is distributed across a number of major countries such as UAE (3.5 million), Saudi Arabia (2.5 million) and US (2.7 million).
Banking & Financial
♦Foreign exchange reserves surge 748 million to $586.082 billion
- India’s foreign exchange reserves surged 748 million to $586.082 billion in the week to January 8, 2021, the Reserve Bank of India’s data showed on January 15, 2021. Foreign currency assets rose by $150 million to $541.791 billion. Gold reserves rose by $568 million to $37.594 billion.
- The special drawing rights (SDR) and the central bank’s reserve position with the International Monetary Fund (IMF) rose marginally by $5 million and 35 million respectively. They closed the week at $1.5 billion and $5.1 billion respectively.
♦YES Bank launches wellness themed credit card
- Yes Bank has announced its partnership with Aditya Birla Wellness Private Limited to launch the ‘YES BANK Wellness’ and ‘YES BANK Wellness Plus’ Credit Cards – aimed at the holistic health, self-care and wellness of consumers.
- This is an innovative step to encourage and promote self-care, mental and physical well-being.
Note: About YES Bank
- CEO: Prashant Kumar
- Founder: Rana Kapoor
- Founded: 2004
- Headquarters: Mumbai
♦Legendary Musician Ustad Ghulam Mustafa Khan passed away At 89
- Legendary Indian classical musician and Padma Vibhushan awardee Ustad Ghulam Mustafa Khan passed away on 17th Jan. afternoon at his residence in Mumbai. He was 89.
- He was awarded the Padma Shri in 1991, followed by Padma Bhusan in 2006 and Padma Vibhushan in 2018. In 2003 he was awarded the Sangeet Natak Akademi award, the highest Indian recognition given to practicing artistes.
Recommended PDF’s for 2021:
- Computer Capsule 2021 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2021
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2021 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|