Table of Contents
Daily GK Update 16th February 2021, Daily Current Affairs 2021
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2021. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2021, Daily GK Update 2021. All the important updates based on current affairs 2021 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2021 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2021 State and NRA CET Exam of 2021.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Happy Saraswati Puja 2021
- The festival signals the beginning of the spring season. However, it is also celebrated by worshipping Goddess Saraswati — the Goddess of knowledge, music and arts — on the panchami tithi of the Hindu month of Magha, Shukla Paksha.
- This festival is also the time when young kids get their first lesson of education as part of a custom called Vidyarambam.
♦Vigyan Jyoti programme spreads to 100 districts in 2nd phase
- The second phase of Vigyan Jyoti programme was commenced on the occasion of International Day of Women and Girls in Science on February 11, 2021, which will spread the programme for encouraging girls to take interest in science and build a career in STEM to 50 more districts adding to the existing 50 districts across the country.
- DST hoped that this programme would improve by learnings of the past one year and expand to more and more districts of the country to empower women and help increase number of women in top science institutes.
Note: About Vigyan Jyoti programme
- Under: Department of Science and Technology (DST)
- Launched: 2019
- About Programme: Government plans to pick 100 girl students from over 550 districts from 2020 to 2025 to pursue higher education in STEM and allied subjects. The girl students selected for the programme will be selected on the basis of their percentile score. The programme will cover girl students from grade 9 to 12.
♦2nd Gender Park to host 3-day international meet at Kozhikode in Feb 2021
- The 2nd edition of International Conference on Gender Equality (ICGE II) was held at the Gender Park Campus in Kozhikode, Kerala on February 11-13, 2021, which was inaugurated by the Kerala Chief Minister (CM) Pinarayi Vijayan. He also announced the functional launch of Gender Park Campus on February 14, 2021.
- The focal theme is ‘Gender in Sustainable Entrepreneurship and Social Business: The Mediating Role of Empowerment’, seeking to throw light on the critical linkages between entrepreneurship, economic growth and poverty reduction.
♦Age-old Kanchoth festival celebrated across J&K”s Chenab valley
- The ancient Kanchoth festival, a symbol of ancient Nag culture, was observed with religious fervour and gaiety across Chenab valley region of Jammu and Kashmir on 14th Feb.
- The festival is celebrated by locals, mainly Nag followers who believe that on this day of Gouri Tritiya, Lord Shiva and Goddess Parvati got married and the latter insisted on a throne made of snow as her wedding gift.
Note: List of Important Festival in J&K
- Eid ul Azha and Eid ul Fitr
- Hemis Festival
- Tulip Festival
- Shikara Festival
- Gurez Festival
- Shikhara Festival
♦UP Mukhyamantri Abhyudaya Yojana Registration Open For Free Coaching
- Uttar Pradesh Government announces UP Mukhyamantri Abhyudaya Yojana: Free Coaching Classes Registration Start. This scheme for people who are not afforded the private coaching fee.
- The government has been decided to open coaching for needy poor people. This Coaching Fee is absolutely free so visit the official website and read instructions and apply them. UP Mukhyamantri Abhyuday Yojna – Online Registration Open for Application for Physical Classes 2021.
International (Current Affairs)
♦India-Myanmar: Kaladan Multi-Modal Transit Transport Project
- The Union External Affairs Minister, S. Jaishankar recently said that the Kaladan Multi-Modal Transit Transport Project is in the final stages however, the project was delayed because of various challenges.
- The Kaladan project which costs $484 million was supposed to be completed and operation by 2014. The minister also stated that, the Kaladan Multi-Modal Transit Project was delayed because of road building. He stated that the region faces the challenges of some law and order. However, now the countries will be able to push through the challenges.
Note: About Myanmar
- Capital: Naypyitaw
- Currency: Burmese kyat
Banking & Financial
♦Tata Electronics inks MoU with TN to set up Mobile Component Unit
- The Tata Electronics has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Tamil Nadu government in order to establish a facility to manufacture the mobile components.
- The project by the Tata Electronics will cost Rs 4684 crores. It will be established in Krishnagiri to manufacture the mechanical enclosures of mobile phones.
Tamil Nadu has also signed a MoU with the Grasim Industries in order to establish a paint manufacturing unit at Cheyyar.
It will be established with an investment of Rs 750 crore. In total, the Tamil Nadu states has signed 28 MoUs for the projects for which the budget outlay is Rs 28,000 crore.
Note: About Tamil Nadu
- Capital: Chennai
- Governor: Banwarilal Purohit
- Chief minister: Edappadi K. Palaniswami
♦Redmi India names Sonu Sood as its brand ambassador for smartphones
- Redmi India, the sub-brand of Mi India, announced actor Sonu Sood as the brand ambassador for Redmi 9 Power. This partnership will further the brand’s existing campaign – ‘More Power to you’.
- The brand first partnered with Sonu Sood as part of its continued efforts to empower thousands of students by donating Redmi smartphones under the #ShikshaHarHaath initiative.
♦Preeti Sinha to lead UN Capital Development Fund
- The United Nations Capital Development Fund (UNCDF) has appointed Preeti Sinha as its Executive Secretary. She is an Indian-origin investment and development banker.
- The executive secretary will work with her focus on providing the micro-finance assistance to women, youth, small and medium-sized enterprises belonging to the underserved communities. The Executive Secretary is the highest leadership rank in the UNCDF.
♦Theodore Baskaran won Sanctuary Lifetime Service Award 2020
- Theodore Baskaran who is a writer, a historian, a naturalist and an activist has won the Sanctuary Lifetime Service Award, 2020. The award was instituted by the Sanctuary Nature Foundation.
- Theodore Baskaran was chosen for the award in the light of his dedication to the wildlife conservation. He won the award for his writing prowess in English and Tamil contributing towards the conservation discourse.
- He was also chosen for the award in the backdrop of inspiring the young naturalists.
Recommended PDF’s for 2021:
- Computer Capsule 2021 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2021
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2021 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|