Daily GK Update 16 Oct 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2020. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Delhi CM launches ‘Red Light On, Gaadi Off’ campaign to discourage idling at traffic signals
- Delhi chief minister Arvind Kejriwal on 15th October launched a new anti-pollution campaign under which motorists will be encouraged to switch off vehicles while waiting for the lights to turn green at traffic signals.
- “It has been seen that we often do not switch off our vehicle engines while waiting at traffic signals. That is called idling. The ‘Red Light On, Gaadi Off’ campaign will aim to bring a behavioural change in that regard. It will help reduce air pollution.
List of Latest Campaign
- ‘Ek Mask – Anek Zindagi’: Madhya Pradesh
- ‘DIGITAL APNAYEN’: PNB
- ‘Gandagi Bharat Chhodo’: MP
- ‘My Family, My Responsibility’: Maharashtra
- Make Small Strong campaign: Google India
♦UP CM launches ‘hath dhona, roke corona’ on Global Handwashing Day
- Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath launched the “hath dhona, roke corona” campaign on October 15, 2020. This campaign was launched while emphasising upon the sanitation practices on the occasion of Global Handwashing Day.
- The Chief Minister stressed that common habits of personal hygiene including washing hands can protect from coronavirus infection.
♦SC appoints ex-judge M B Lokur as one-man panel to prevent stubble burning
- The Supreme Court on 16th October appointed retired apex court judge Justice Madan B Lokur as a one-man committee to take steps for preventing stubble burning in Punjab, Haryana and Uttar Pradesh which is a source of pollution in Delhi-national capital region (NCR).
- Panel shall submit its report on stubble burning fortnightly to the apex court.
List of Latest Committee and Headed by
- Examine the possibility of offering Surety Bond for contractors (IRDAI): G. Srinivasan.
- Setting Parameters for Loan Restructuring: KV Kamath
- Committee on Business Responsibility Reporting (BRR): Rajesh Verma
- Assessment of relief to bank borrower: Rajiv Mehrishi
- Government gives one-year extension to Company Law Committee –Rajesh Verma
Banking & Financial
♦Saral Jeevan Beema for Bharat: Irdai introduces standard life product
- The Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (Irdai) has come out with a standard, individual term life insurance product called Saral Jeevan Bima. This will be mandatorily offered by all life insurance companies from January 1, 2021, onwards. Insurers have to file the product with the regulator latest by December 1.
- The Saral Jeevan Bima product to be offered by all life insurance companies will be a non-linked non-participating individual pure-risk premium life insurance plan.
Note: About IRDAI
- Founded: 1999
- Headquarters: Hyderabad
- Chairperson: Subhash Chandra Khuntia
♦NTPC CMD Gurdeep Singh’s term extended till July 2025
- The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) has extended the tenure of state run NTPC Ltd chairman and managing director, Gurdeep Singh till 31 July 2025, making him one of the longest serving chief at India’s largest power generation utility.
- Gurdeep Singh, a mechanical engineer by training had first assumed the charge of utility’s chairman and managing director in February 2016.
- This comes in the backdrop of NTPC’s pivot towards green energy. The state-run conventional power generation firm is rewriting its playbook, given that India’s energy landscape is rapidly evolving. With an installed capacity of 62.91 gigawatts (GW), the NTPC group has 70 power stations across the country.
♦15th October: Global Handwashing Day 2020
- Global Handwashing Day is annually marked on October 15. The day, as the name suggests, is for creating more awareness about the importance of washing hands with soap and water. The day also aims to sensitise people about how hand washing is also an effective way to prevent diseases.
- Theme: “Hand Hygiene for All’
♦16th October: World Food Day 2020
- World Food Day promotes global awareness and action for those who suffer from hunger and for the need to ensure healthy diets for all. The Food and Agriculture Organization of the UN (FAO) designated 16 October as World Food Day in 1979.
- Theme 2020: “Grow, Nourish, Sustain. Together. Our actions are our future.”
Revision Important Days and Dates of September 2020
- 1 October: International Day of the Older Persons
- 2 October: Gandhi Jayanti & International Day of Non-Violence
- 4 October: World Animal Welfare Day
- 5 October: World Teachers’ Day
- 8 October: Indian Air Force Day
- 9 October: World Postal Day or World Post Office Day
- 10 October: World Mental Health Day
- 11 October: International Day of the Girl Child
- 15 October: World Students’ Day
♦Legendary Malayalam poet Akkitham passes away
- Legendary Malayalam poet and Jnanpith laureate, Mahakavi Akkitham Achuthan Namboothiri passed away on 15th October in Thrissur. He was 94.
- He has penned more than 46 literary works including poems, plays, essays and short stories. He was awarded Padma Shri in 2017.
♦First Indian to win Oscar Bhanu Athaiya passes away
- The first Indian to win the Oscar award, Bhanu Athaiya passed away. She won the Best Costume Design Oscar for her work in the 1982 film Gandhi, directed by Richard Attenborough.
- Began her career as a costume designer in Hindi cinema with Guru Dutt’s 1956 superhit “C.I.D.”. She went on to work in over 100 films.
Recommended for RBI Assistant & SBI Clerk Mains
- Computer Capsule for RBI Assistant Mains 2020 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2020
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
- More Daily Current Affairs Click here
- Get Free PDFs
- Banking Awareness Study Notes
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here