Daily GK Update 16th September 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2020. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦ Centre approves setting up AIIMS in Bihar’s Darbhanga at cost of Rs 1,264 crore
- The Union Cabinet has approved establishment of a new All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) at Bihar’s Darbhanga. The institute will come up under the Pradhan Mantri Swasthya Suraksha Yojana (PMSSY) at a total cost of Rs 1,264 crore.
- The new AIIMS is likely to be completed within a period of 48 months from the date of the approval by the Centre.
List of 16 AIIMS in India
Name- Year of Establishment
- AIIMS Delhi- 1956
- AIIMS Bhopal- 2012
- AIIMS Bhubaneswar- 2012
- AIIMS Jodhpur– 2012
- AIIMS Patna- 2012
- AIIMS Raipur- 2012
- AIIMS Rishikesh- 2012
- AIIMS Raebareli –2012
- AIIMS Nagpur-2018
- AIIMS Mangalgiri-2018
- AIIMS Gorakhpur-2019
- AIIMS Bibinagar-2019
- AIIMS Bathinda-2019
- AIIMS Kalyani-2019
- AIIMS Deogarh-2019
- AIIMS Telangana-2019
Banking and Financial
♦ Gujarat govt & SIDBI ink MoU to help MSMEs amid COVID-19 crisis
- The Gujarat government on 15th September signed an MoU with the Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI) to increase self-reliance and provide capacity building and market support to the state’s 35 lakh micro-small-medium enterprises (MSMEs).
- Aims: The aim is to “accelerate technology transfer and innovation in state MSMEs through training and capacity building programmes.
♦ SBI General Insurance inks corporate agency agreement with YES Bank
- SBI General Insurance and YES Bank have signed a corporate agency agreement. Under the corporate agency agreement, the YES Bank will distribute the general insurer’s retail products to its customers.
- The partnership between SBI General Insurance and YES Bank will be committed to offering customers a broad range of non-life insurance products and services and deploying technology across the customer value chain to facilitate superior experiences for them.
Note: About SBI General Insurance
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Founded: 2009
- MD & CEO : Prakash Chandra Kandpal.
♦ Rajasthan government signs pact with Sidbi to develop MSME ecosystem
- The Small Industries Development Bank of India (Sidbi) has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with the Rajasthan government to develop the MSME ecosystem in the state.
- Rajasthan’s Department of Industries and Sidbi will work together to provide financial, technical, marketing and export support to MSMEs in the state.
♦ JDU’s Harivansh Narayan Singh re-elected as Rajya Sabha Deputy Chairman
- National Democratic Alliance (NDA) candidate and Janata Dal (United) MP Harivansh Narayan Singh has been once again elected as Deputy Chairman of Rajya Sabha by Voice vote.
- The Opposition put RJD (Rashtriya Janata Dal) MP Manoj Jha in front of Harivansh, whose name was proposed by BJP president Jagat Prakash Nadda and his proposition was supported by Leader of the House, Thawarchand Gehlot.
- Rajya Sabha Chairman (Upper House): M. Venkaiah Naidu
- Lok Sabha Chairman (Lower House) :Om Birla Note
♦ Paytm First Games names Sachin Tendulkar as brand ambassador
- Fintech major Paytm on 15th September said its subsidiary Paytm First Games (PFG) has roped in cricket legend Sachin Tendulkar as its brand ambassador.
- The company has also earmarked Rs 300 crore to invest in growing the market for fantasy sports and other online gaming events this fiscal.
Note: List of brand ambassador
- Anti-doping brand ambassador- Suniel Shetty
- PUMA brand ambassador- Sunil Chhetri, Kareen Kapoor khan
- Pepsi’s brand ambassador– Salman Khan
- Mastercard –M. S Dhoni
- New Ambassador for World Wildlife Fund (WWF)-Viswanathan Anand
- JSW Cement: Sourav Ganguly & Sunil Chhetri
- ebikeGo: Harbhajan Singh
- Oakley’s: Rohit Sharma
- Bajaj Allianz: Ayushmann Khurrana
♦ Great Learning ropes in Indian skipper Virat Kohli as brand ambassador
- One of India’s leading edtech companies Great Learning has announced the appointment of Virat Kohli as its brand ambassador. The captain of the Indian cricket team, who also topped a recent ranking of India’s most powerful celebrities, will now be the face of the Great Learning brand.
- He will lead the brand’s latest ‘Power Ahead’ campaign, which underlines the importance of lifelong learning and showcases how high quality learning at the right time can help professionals and students power ahead in their career.
♦ 16th September: World Ozone Day 2020
- The annual World Ozone Day is being observed on 16 September 2020 as it is observed every year on September 16 to spread awareness among people about the ozone layer and discover possible solutions to preserve it.
- In 1985, the governments at the global level adopted the Vienna Convention for the Protection of the Ozone Layer. Two years later in 1987, the Montreal Protocol was drafted where the governments, scientists and industry worked together to cut out 99 per cent of all ozone-depleting substances.
- Theme 2020: “Ozone for life: 35 years of ozone layer protection”.
Revision Important Days and Dates of September 2020
- September 2: Coconut Day
- September 5: Teachers’ Day
- September 8: International Literacy Day
- September 14: Hindi Diwas
- September 15: Engineers’ Day; International Day of Democracy
♦ Renowned scholar of Indian classical dance Dr. Kapila Vatsyayan passes away
- Leading scholar of Indian classical dance, art, architecture and art history, Dr Kapila Vatsyayan passed away On 16th September.
- She was a former Member of Parliament and also served as Secretary to the Government in the Ministry of Education.
- Dr Vatsyayan served as the founding Director of the Indira Gandhi National Centre for the Arts. She was former President of India International Centre (IIC) and an IIC Life Trustee and the Chairperson of the IIC International Research Division.
Recommended for RBI Assistant & SBI Clerk Mains
- Computer Capsule for RBI Assistant Mains 2020 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2020
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book|
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
- More Daily Current Affairs Click here
- Get Free PDFs
- Banking Awareness Study Notes
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here