Daily GK Update 17th August 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2020. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current affairs)
♦Supreme Court judgment on daughters’ right to property
- The Supreme Court held that daughters have coparcenary rights on the property of their parents even if the latter died before the Hindu Succession (Amendment) Act, 2005 came into force.
- A bench of the apex court, headed by Justice Arun Mishra, said that a daughter is entitled to equal property rights under the amended Hindu Succession Act and that the law would have retrospective effects.
♦Jal Shakti Minister launches Swachh Bharat Mission Academy
- Jal Shakti Minister Gajendra Singh Shekhawat launched Swachh Bharat Mission, SBM Academy in New Delhi. It is a part of the ongoing week-long behaviour change campaign ‘GandagiMukt Bharat.
- It is a phone-based academy that will provide free of charge training courses with high quality and standardized content.
- It is an Interactive Voice Response (IVR) -based training course with modules on Open Defecation Free (ODF) Plus programme and contains a 60-minute module spanning various topics under ODF as well as SLWM. The content of SBM Academy is in Hindi as of now.
♦Nagaland Government launched Centralized e-commerce platform “YellowChain”
- Nagaland Government Rolls-Out Centralized e-commerce platform “YellowChain”.
- On the occasion of Independence Day, the Chief Minister of Nagaland, Neiphiu Rio has launched “Yellow Chain”- a centralized e-commerce platform, to promote local business and entrepreneurship in the State.
Note: About Nagaland
- Capital: Kohima
- Chief minister: Neiphiu Rio
- Governor: RN Ravi
♦Amazon launches seller driven ‘Itna Aasan Hai’ campaign
- Amazon India has launched its seller driven campaign ‘Itna Aasan hai’. With this, it underlined the enrolling process, which is according to the company, is lot simpler and hassle free and Amazon has made it easier for anyone who wants to move their business online.
- The three-ad campaign is conceptualised keeping the intent of the campaign in mind: to communicate to existing and prospective sellers who are not on the platform, how easy and simple it is to sell on Amazon.
Banking and Financial
♦RBI’s Central Board headed by Shaktikanta Das approved a dividend of Rs 57,128 crore to Central Govt
- Reserve Bank of India on 13th August approved dividend of ₹57,128 crore to government.
- The decision was taken when the Central Board of the RBI met on 13th August under the chairmanship of Governor Shaktikanta Das through video conference.
- The Board decided to maintain the Contingency Risk Buffer at 5.5%.
- RBI in 2019 had transferred a record payment of Rs 1.76 lakh crore(trillion) which included Rs 1.23 lakh crore as dividend and about Rs 52,637 crore of excess provisions identified as per the revised Economic Capital Framework (ECF).
List of Latest Committee and Headed by
Analysis of QR (Quick Response) Code’: Prof. Deepak.B. Phatak
National Financial Reporting Authority: Professor R. Narayanaswamy
Sebi rejigs advisory: Usha Thorat
National level committee for reform in criminal law: Ranbir Singh
Examine the possibility of offering Surety Bond for contractors (IRDAI): G. Srinivasan.
Setting Parameters for Loan Restructuring: KV Kamath
Committee on Business Responsibility Reporting (BRR): Rajesh Verma
♦PNB launches Digital Apnayen campaign to encourage digital banking
- State-owned Punjab National Bank on 15th August launched a campaign to encourage customers to use digital banking channels.
- Under the campaign ‘DIGITAL APNAYEN’, the bank will contribute Rs 5 towards the PM CARES Fund on behalf of each customer conducting the first financial transaction to activate their RuPay Debit card either on point of sale (PoS) or e-commerce platform.
List of Latest Campaign
- ‘Spandan’ Campaign : Chhattisgarh
- Charan Paduka’ Campaign : Madhya Pradesh
- Pure for Sure’ Campaign : Rajasthan
- Roko -Toko’ Campaign : Madhya Pradesh
- ‘Hamara Ghar-Hamara Vidyalaya’ Campaign : Madhya Pradesh
- Intzaar Aap Ka‘ Campaign : Madhya Pradesh
- ‘Ek Mask – Anek Zindagi’: Madhya Pradesh
♦EU launches 1-mn-euro project in Maharashtra, Odisha for skilling women in housing sector
- European Union has launched a 1-million-euro project in four districts of Maharashtra and Odisha
- The project is being implemented in Beed and Osmanabad districts of Maharashtra and the Dhenkanal and Jajpur districts 0f Odisha and is aimed at positively impacting two lakh families over the next three years.
- The project aims at targeting 3,000 women-led households in these four districts and is being implemented with the housing-focussed not-for-profit Habitat for Humanity India.
♦UK launches 3 million pounds Innovation Challenge Fund in India
- The UK government has launched a Pound 3 million innovation challenge fund in India to support scientists in academia and industry to tackle the COVID-19 pandemic and climate change.
- “The fund invites tech innovators with connections to the AI-Data cluster in Karnataka and the future mobility cluster in Maharashtra to submit research and development proposals for tackling COVID-19 or which promote a greener planet.
Note: About UK
- Prime minister: Boris Johnson
- Capital: London
- Currency: Pound
♦India’s GDP to contract 16.5% in Apr-June quarter: SBI report
- State Bank of India’s research report Ecowrap expects the country’s GDP to contract by 16.5 per cent during the first quarter of the current fiscal.
- Earlier in May, Ecowrap had estimated Q1 FY21 GDP contraction at over 20 per cent and now pegs it at much lower contraction of 16.5 per cent for the quarter.
- SBI forecasted India GDP projected F21(-)6.8%.
Note: India GDP projected F21
- RBI- (-)1.5%
- SBI– (-)6.8%
- CIRIS: (-) 5%
- Fitch: (-) 5%
- S&P- (-) 5%
- Care Rating: (-)6.4%
- FICCI: (-)4.5%
♦GoAir appoints Kaushik Khona as new CEO, to replace Vinay Dube
- GoAir on 15th August Announced it has appointed Kaushik Khona as its chief executive officer (CEO).”The Nominations & Remuneration Committee and the Board met and have appointed Kaushik Khona as CEO with immediate effect,” GoAir said.
- Khona will replace, industry veteran Vinay Dube who took charge as CEO in February.
♦ebikeGo appoints Harbhajan Singh as brand ambassador
- Amritsar based e-mobility start-up eBikeGO announced the appointment of Indian cricketer Harbhajan Singh as its brand ambassador.
- The cricketer has come on board for one year to help promote the company as it looks to scale-up by increasing geographical footprint, adding new customer segments, and targeting new business use cases to widen the appeal for electric mobility.
Note: List of some Important brand ambassador
- Anti-doping brand ambassador- Suniel Shetty
- PUMA brand ambassador- Sunil Chhetri, Kareen Kapoor khan
- Pepsi’s brand ambassador- Salman Khan
- Mastercard –M. S Dhoni
- New Ambassador for World Wildlife Fund (WWF)-Viswanathan Anand
- JSW Cement: Sourav Ganguly & Sunil Chhetri
♦Bollywood Director-actor Nishikant Kamat passed away
- Director-actor Nishikant Kamat passed away on 17th August in Hyderabad’s AIG Hospital, after a battle with liver cirrhosis. He was 50.
- Nishikant Kamat made his directorial debut in 2005 with Marathi movie Dombivali Fast, which won the National Award for Best Feature Film in Marathi. He made his silver screen debut in 2004 with the Hindi movie Hava Aney Dey.
- In 2008, Kamat helmed his first Bollywood film Mumbai Meri Jaan and directed Hindi films like Force, Drishyam, Rocky Handsome and Madaari etc etc.
- Computer Capsule for RBI Assistant Mains 2020 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2020
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)
|Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020|
Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered
|Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions|
Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)
|Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book|
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account