Daily GK Update 17th February 2021, Daily Current Affairs 2021
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2021. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2021, Daily GK Update 2021. All the important updates based on current affairs 2021 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2021 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2021 State and NRA CET Exam of 2021.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Mamata Banerjee launches ‘Maa’ scheme to provide meals at ₹5 to poor people
- Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on 15th Feb launched “Maa” canteens for providing subsidised cooked meals for the poor and the destitute at a nominal cost of ₹5.
- “This new initiative is for the common people. Though we give free rations there is still a huge demand for cooked food. Therefore, we are starting these community kitchens.
Note: About West Bengal
- Governor: Jagdeep Dhankhar
- Capital: Kolkata
International (Current Affairs)
♦DR Congo President Appoints Sama Lukonde As New PM
- Congo President Felix Tshisekedi on February 15 appointed Jean-Michel Sama Lukonde Kyenge, director-general of Gécamines (General Quarries and Mines) as the new DRC Prime Minister.
- The 43-year-old, who was appointed to Gécamines by Tshisekedi, is a former sports minister and an ex-party member of the former governor of Katanga Moïse Katumbi, who recently postured his political lean in support of the President.
Note: About Congo
- Capital: Kinshasa
- Currency: Congolese franc
Banking & Financial
♦Oxford Economics ups India growth forecast to 10.2% for 2021
- Global forecasting firm Oxford Economics on 17th Feb revised India’s economic growth projection for 2021 to 10.2 per cent from the earlier 8.8 per cent, citing receding COVID-19 risks and the shift in the monetary policy outlook.
- Budget 2021-22 will create positive externalities for the private sector, and forecast slower fiscal consolidation in FY22 than the government projections.
Note: India GDP projected F22 (2021-2022)
- Word Bank-5.4%
- Brickwork Ratings-11%
- Nomura –13.5%
- BofA Securities-9%
- India Ratings and Research (Ind-Ra)- 10.4%
♦CEAT signs Rana Daggubati as brand ambassador
- CEAT Tyres, India’s leading tyre manufacturer, has signed Bollywood star Rana Daggubati as its brand ambassador for promoting the ‘Puncture Safe’ range of bike tyres across media platforms.
- As part of an integrated marketing campaign across all five southern states of India, Rana Daggubati will feature in the new commercial for ‘Puncture Safe’ tyres to be aired across TV and digital platforms.
Note: List of Important brand ambassador
- Anti-doping brand ambassador- Suniel Shetty
- PUMA brand ambassador- Sunil Chhetri, Kareen Kapoor khan
- Pepsi’s brand ambassador– Salman Khan
- Mastercard –M. S Dhoni
- New Ambassador for World Wildlife Fund (WWF)-Viswanathan Anand
- Bajaj Allianz: Ayushmann Khurrana
- Paytm First Games (PFG): Sachin Tendulkar
- Great Learning: Virat Kohli
- Acer India: Sonu Sood
- Ceat Tyres: Aamir Khan
- Myntra for beauty segment: Disha Patani, kiara advani
- ‘Fit India’ Movement’: Kuldeep Handoo
♦Indian Navy receives third Scorpene Submarine, to be commissioned as INS Karanj
- The Indian Navy on February 15, 2021, got its third Scorpene Submarine, which will be commissioned as INS Karanj in March, of Project P-75. With the delivery of INS Karanj, India has been able to cement its position as a submarine-building nation.
- Total 6 submarines of the Indian Navy are being constructed under Project 75. The number 75 refers to the unique identifier which was assigned for a program for the productions of the submarines. The three submarines that are delivered by Mazagaon Dock Shipbuilders Limited- MDL including Karanj, are Khanderi and Kalvari.
♦India joins “Iran-Russia Maritime Security Belt 2021”
- India has joined the “Iran-Russia Maritime Security Belt 2021″ which is a two-day naval exercise. The exercise is being held in the northern part of the Indian Ocean.
- The drill was participated by the forces and vessels from navy divisions of both the Iranian army and Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC). Several vessels from the Russian navy also participated in the drill. Indian Navy has also joined the exercise with selected vessels.
- It will cover an area of 17,000 square kilometres. The naval exercise will carry the range of activities including the shooting at sea targets, air targets, liberation of the hijacked ships, anti-piracy operations and search & rescue operations.
- Note: Exercise Indra: India and Russia
♦Former Governor and High Court Chief Justice, Justice M Rama Jois passes away
- Former Chief Justice of the Punjab and Haryana High Court, Justice M Rama Jois has passed away after a prolonged illness.
- He was the Chief Justice of the High Court between May and August 1992. He had also served as the Governor of Jharkhand and Bihar and as a member of the Rajya Sabha from the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP). He was 88 years old.
Recommended PDF’s for 2021:
- Computer Capsule 2021 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2021
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2021 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|