Daily GK Update : 17 January 2019, Daily Current Affairs 2020:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK & Current affairs. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦ Arunachal Pradesh signs MoU with IUCN to red List Orchids
- Arunachal Pradesh has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with the IUCN on 13 January in Arunachal Pradesh.
- According to the MoU, the Arunachal Pradesh state government will collaborate with the IUCN and carry out a red-list assessment of the orchids in the state.
- The state has become the first state to initiate the International Union for Conservation of Nature’s (IUCN) red listing at the state level.
- About IUCN Red List: The IUCN’s Red List of Threatened Species is a critical indicator of the health of the world’s biodiversity. The list has been acting as a powerful tool to inform and catalyze action for biodiversity conservation and policy change. IUCN has projected that it is complexities to protect natural resources.
Note: About IUCN
- Founded on: 5 October 1948
- Located at: Gland, Switzerland
- Director-General: Grethel Aguilar
- President: Zhang Xinsheng
♦ Prahlad Singh Patel inaugurated the exhibition on Indian Heritage in Digital Space
- Union minister Culture and Tourism (Independent Charge) Prahlad Singh Patel inaugurated the exhibition on Indian Heritage in Digital Space and First International Heritage Symposium at National Museum, New Delhi The exhibition will be open till 15 February 2020.
- The visitors will be able to see the recreations of the socio-cultural life and traditions of Hampi, architectural and conjectural reconstructions of several important structures and experience demystification of many murals in the exhibition.
♦ India to host SCO heads of govt meeting later this year
- The 19th council of heads of government of the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) will be hosted by India later this year. This would be the first high-level meeting of the SCO that would be organised here since India’s admission to the eight-member grouping.
- The economic and security bloc which initially comprised of China, Russia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan, included India and Pakistan in 2017. India took over the presidency of the heads of government’ meeting last year and it was announced in the 18th meeting of the SCO’s Council of heads of government-held in Tashkent in 2019.
Note: About SCO
- Headquarters: Beijing, China
- Founders: China, Russia, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan
- Secretary General: Vladimir Norov
- Founded: 26 April 1996
Banking and Financial
♦ UN lowers India’s growth forecast for FY20 to 5.7%
- GDP growth in India and few other large emerging countries may gain some momentum this year after the global economy recorded its lowest growth of 2.3 per cent in 2019 due to prolonged trade disputes, a UN study.
- According to the United Nations World Economic Situation and Prospects (WESP) 2020, a growth rate of 2.5 per cent is possible in 2020, but a flare up of trade tensions, financial turmoil, or an escalation of geopolitical tensions could derail a recovery.
- It lowered its GDP growth estimate for India to 5.7 per cent in the current fiscal (from 7.6 per cent forecast in WESP 2019) and lowered its forecast for the next fiscal to 6.6 per cent (from 7.4 per cent earlier). It has also forecast a growth rate of 6.3 per cent for the fiscal beginning in 2021.
- The report pegged India’s GDP growth rate for the previous fiscal at 6.8 per cent.
Note: About UN
- Headquarters: New York, New York, United States
- Founded: 24 October 1945
- Secretary general: António Guterres
♦ Lt Col Yuvraj Malik appointed director of National Book Trust
- Lt Col Yuvraj Malik has been appointed the Director of the National Book Trust (NBT), the organisation announced on 14th January.
- Malik, who has taken over from Sahitya Akademi-awardee writer Rita Chowdhury, joined the NBT on deputation from the Indian Army on January 8.
♦ Dr Mihir Shah, appointed Chairman of the Committee to draft the National Water Policy
- Dr Mihir Shah, Distinguished Professor at the University has been appointed the Chairman of the Committee to draft the National Water Policy.
- The committee established by the Ministry of Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation, Government of India will outline the new National Water Policy (NWP) for the country.
- The committee, comprising of 11 members including Dr Shah, will draft the National Water Policy (NWP) and will submit this to the government within six months from the date of its constitution.
♦ Indian scientist Sakya Singha Sen awarded Merck Young Scientist Award 2019
- A senior scientist Sakya Singha Sen from National Chemical Laboratory (CSIR-NCL) Pune, has been awarded “Merck Young Scientist Award 2019” for doing remarkable research in chemical science.
- Sen and his research team specializes in main group chemistry and involves in the synthesis of compounds with main group element and their catalytic application.
♦ Sindhi writer “Vasdev Mohi” to be conferred with 29th Saraswati Samman
- Eminent Sindhi writer Vasdev Mohi will be conferred with 29th Saraswati Samman. He has been selected for this prestigious literary award for his short stories collection- Chequebook. This short stories collection talks about the agonies and sufferings of marginalized sections of the society.
- About Vasdev Mohi: Saraswati Samman carries a cash award of 15 lakh rupees, a citation and a plaque. Mr Mohi has authored 25 books of poetry, stories and translations. He has also received Sahitya Akademi Award.
♦ ISRO’s GSAT-30 satellite successfully launched aboard Ariane rocket
- India’s high power communication satellite GSAT-30 was successfully launched on-board Ariane 5 rocket from French Guiana on 17th January.
- Aims: Providing high-quality television, telecommunications and broadcasting services.
- About satellite GSAT-30: The 3,357-kg GSAT-30 derives its heritage from ISRO’s earlier INSAT/GSAT satellite series, and is equipped with 12 C and 12 Ku band transponders. GSAT-30 will serve as replacement to the aging INSAT-4A spacecraft services with enhanced coverage.
Note: About ISRO
- Founder: Vikram Sarabhai
- Founded: 15 August 1969
- Headquarters: Bengaluru
- Director: Kailasavadivoo Sivan
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|