Table of Contents
Daily GK Update, 17 June 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2020. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦500-yr-old temple rises from Mahanadi water
- An ancient temple, submerged in river Mahanadi (has re-appeared after 11 years in Nayagarh district (Odisha). An archaeology survey team of Indian National Trust for Art and Cultural Heritage (INTACH) stumbled upon ‘mastaka’ of the temple submerged in Mahanadi waters at Padmabati village under Bhapur tehsil. Project assistant Deepak Kumar Nayak, who had documented the site with help of a local heritage enthusiast Rabindra Kumar Rana, said the temple was dedicated to Gopinath Deba, a form of Lord Krishna.
- The finding is the part of INTACH’s Mahanadi Valley Heritage Sites Documentation project.
♦Bengal govt launches ”Karmo Bhumi” job portal for IT professionals
- The West Bengal government on 16th June launched a job portal for IT professionals who have returned to the state amid the COVID-19 pandemic, Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee said.
- The CM extended her best wishes to the professionals and said that they can use the portal ”Karmo Bhumi” to connect with companies based in the state.
- “On behalf of GoWB, we launched Karmo Bhumi, web portal for IT professionals, returned & looking for job change due to COVID 19 .Connect now to IT companies of Bengal through karmabhumi.nltr.org.
Note: About West Bengal
- Governor: Jagdeep Dhankhar
- Capital: Kolkata
- CM: Mamata Banerjee
International (Current Affairs)
♦India becomes founding member of global alliance on Artificial Intelligence
- India joined international and multi-stakeholder initiative Global Partnership for Artificial Intelligence (GPAI) as its founding member on June 15, 2020. By becoming the founding member of the initiative, India has joined the leading nations of the world including the UK, EU, US, Australia among others.
- Aim: The global initiative aims to guide responsible development and use of Artificial Intelligence, grounded in human rights, diversity, inclusion, innovation, and economic growth. It will also provide support to the cutting- edge research and applied activities on AI-related priorities.
- The other nations that have joined the partnership are France, Canada, Germany, Japan, Italy, Mexico, the Republic of Korea, New Zealand, and Singapore.
Banking & Financial
♦AIIB approves USD 750 million loan to India for Covid-19 response
- Beijing-based Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) on 17th June said it has approved a USD 750 million (around Rs 5,714 crore) loan to India to help the government strengthen its battle against the adverse impact of Covid-19 on poor and vulnerable households.
- Aim: “Cofinanced with the Asian Development Bank, the budgetary support will go toward bolstering economic aid for businesses, including for the informal sector, expanding social safety nets for the needy, and strengthening the country’s health care systems.
Note: About AIIB
- Headquarters: Beijing, China
- Region served: Asia and Oceania
- Membership: 102 Members
♦Maharashtra signs MoUs with domestic and foreign companies for FDI worth over Rs 16,000 crores: Magnetic Maharashtra 2.0
- Maharashtra signed 12 Memorandum of Understanding(MoUs) with 12 domestic and foreign companies for Foreign Direct Investment(FDI) worth over Rs 16,000 crores.
- It is a part of the Magnetic Maharashtra 2.0 initiative. The MoU was signed by the global companies in the field of engineering, car and spare parts manufacturing, information technology, logistics, chemicals, and food processing.
Note: About Maharashtra
- Capital: Mumbai
- Governor: Bhagat Singh Koshyari
- Chief Minister: Uddhav Thackeray
♦Trustees of PM CARES appoint SARC & Associates as auditor of fund
- Trustees of the PM CARES Fund have appointed SARC & Associates as auditor of the fund. Its website pmcares.gov.in says trustees of the fund, which is called Prime Minister’s Citizens Assistance and Relief in Emergency Situations (PM CARES) Fund, appointed “SARC & Associates, Chartered Accountants, New Delhi, as the auditors” for three years.
- The firm, headed by Sunil Kumar Gupta, was appointed auditors of the PM’s National Relief Fund (PMNRF) in 2019.
♦IBBI reconstitutes advisory panel on corporate insolvency resolution process
- The insolvency regulator IBBI has reconstituted the Advisory Committee on Corporate Insolvency Resolution and Liquidation process. This panel, which would be chaired by Uday Kotak, Executive Vice Chairman and Managing Director, Kotak Mahindra Bank, comprises of 13 members besides the Chairman.
- This Advisory Committee will advise and provide professional support— on a request from the IBBI or on its own volition—on any matter relating to the Corporate Insolvency resolution and liquidation dealt with by the Board under the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code 2016.
- Most members will have a term of three years—up to June 11, 2023.
♦India ranked 6th as nuclear weapons increased since 2019; US tops: SIPRI’s Yearbook 2020
- India and China have increased their nuclear arsenal over the last year, according to the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI). The Swedish think-tank that researches on conflict, armaments and arms control also pointed out on Monday that China is significantly modernising its nuclear arsenal.
- China and Pakistan have more nuclear warheads as compared to India, according to the SIPRI Yearbook 2020. India has 150 nuclear warheads, while China and Pakistan have 320 and 160. The figures are until January. Last year, India had 130-140 warheads, while China had 290 and Pakistan 150-160.
- In April 2020, SIPRI had identified India as the 3rd largest military spender in the world, behind the United States (US) and China.
|Rank||Country||No. of Nuclear Warheads|
Note: About SIPRI
- Founder: Government of Sweden
- Founded: 6 May 1966
♦16th June: International Day Of Family Remittances 2020
- International Day of Family Remittances 2020 aka IDFR is celebrated each year on June 16 across the world. The day is organised by the United Nations and is universally accepted.
- This day is celebrated to recognise the efforts of migrants who help to improve the lives of their family members back home. It is also created to observe the hope that they have created for the future to come.
Revision June Important Day
- 1 June- World Milk Day & Global Day of Parents
- 2 June- International Sex Workers Day & Telangana Formation Day
- 3 June- World Bicycle Day
- 4 June- International Day of Innocent Children Victims of Aggression
- 5 June- World Environment Day-
- 7 June- World Food Safety Day
- 8 June-World Brain Tumor Day & World Oceans Day
- 12 June- World Day Against Child Labour
- 14 June- World Blood Donor Day
♦17th June: World day to combat desertification and drought
- The World Day to Combat Desertification and Drought is observed every year to promote public awareness of international efforts to combat desertification. The day is a unique moment to remind everyone that land degradation neutrality is achievable through problem-solving, strong community involvement and co-operation at all levels.
- 2020 Theme: Food.Feed.Fibre. – the links between consumption and land
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION (DI) 2020 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here