Daily GK Update: 17 March 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK & Current affairs. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦PM Modi pledges $10 mn for SAARC emergency fund
- Prime Minister Modi led a video conference with the leaders of all eight SAARC nations- India, Pakistan, Nepal, Afghanistan, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, the Maldives, and Bhutan to exchange their views and share experiences in fighting the COVID-19 virus which has been classified by the World Health Organization as a global pandemic that has killed more than 6,000 people globally.
- Proposing the initiative, the Premier said the COVID-19 Emergency Funds could be based on voluntary contributions from all of SAARC nations.
- “India can start with an initial offer of 10 million US dollars for this fund. Any of us can use the fund to meet the cost of immediate actions. Our Foreign Secretaries, through our embassies can coordinate quickly to finalize the concept of this Fund and its operations.
Note: About SAARC
- Founded: 8 December 1985
- Headquarters: Kathmandu, Nepal
- Member states-8 members
International (Current Affairs)
♦Philippines first country to suspend all financial markets as coronavirus spreads
- The Philippine Stock Exchange closed indefinitely on 17th March while currency and bond trading were suspended, the first market shutdowns worldwide in response to the coronavirus, with authorities citing risks to the safety of traders.
- The shutdown comes after some bourses around the world closed trading floors or paused trade after withering falls in market value, but it is the first blanket market halt.
Note: About Philippines
- Capital: Manila
- Currency: Philippine peso
♦PM Modi to Participate in ‘Bangabandhu’ Sheikh Mujibur Rahman’s Birth Anniversary Celebrations Via Video
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 17th March paid tributes to Sheikh Mujibur Rahman on his birth anniversary and hailed his contributions towards Bangladesh’s progress.
- Modi will participate in the birth centenary celebrations of Sheikh Mujibur Rahman in Bangladesh via video link.
- The year-long celebrations were scheduled to open amid festivities at the National Parade Ground in Dhaka and were expected to be attended by several foreign dignitaries, including Modi. But it will be without any public gatherings due to the novel coronavirus pandemic.
- “Tributes to Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman on his birth anniversary. He is remembered for his courage and indelible contribution to Bangladesh’s progress.
Note: About Bangladesh
- Capital: Dhaka
- Currency: Bangladeshi taka
- Prime minister: Sheikh Hasina
♦Ravinder Singh Dhillon appointed Power Finance Corporation CMD
- The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi has cleared the appointment of Ravinder Singh Dhillon as Chairman and Managing Director of Power Finance Corporation (PFC), according to an order on 16th
- Dhillon, posted as Director (Projects), has been cleared for appointment as the Chairman and Managing Director (CMD) in PFC with effect from the date of assumption of charge of the post on or after June 1 till the date of his superannuation on May 31, 2023.
♦Former Chief Justice Ranjan Gogoi Nominated To Rajya Sabha By President
- Former Chief Justice of India Ranjan Gogoi was nominated for Rajya Sabha, the upper house of parliament, on 16th March by President Ram Nath Kovind. The President’s move is unprecedented – no Chief Justice has been nominated to the Upper House, usually dominated by celebrities and artistes, by the head of the state. And few members of the judiciary have crossed over to the space of legislature.
Book and Author
♦‘An Extraordinary Life’: Book on the late Goa CM Manohar Parrikar
- The book titled ‘An Extraordinary Life: A biography of Manohar Parrikar’ is written by veteran journalists Sadguru Patil and Mayabhushan Nagvenkar. On 17th March marks the first death anniversary of Parrikar who died after battling pancreatic cancer for over a year. He was 63.
♦Veteran actor Imtiaz Khan, brother of Amjad Khan, passes away at 77
- Veteran actor-filmmaker Imtiaz Khan passed away in Mumbai at the age of 77. The cause of his death remains unknown. He was the brother of late actor Amjad Khan and son of yesteryear actor Jayant.
- Imtiaz Khan is survived by his wife Krutika Desai, who is a popular film and television actress, and daughter Ayesha Khan.
♦Sahitya Akademi awardee, Malayalam poet Puthussery Ramachandran passed away
- Malayalam poet, scholar and teacher Puthussery Ramachandran passed away here on Saturday evening after a brief illness. He was 92.
- A scholar of Dravidian linguistics and a professor of Malayalam for more than 30 years, Dr. Ramachandran was a recipient of several awards.
- He was the honorary director of the International Centre for Kerala Studies, University of Kerala.
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION (DI) 2020 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|
- WhatsApp Group Join here
- Telegram Group:- Click Here
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here