Daily GK Update 17 Dec 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020 :
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2020. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Ladakh Buddhist Association celebrates ‘Losar’ festival in Leh
‘Losar’ is celebrated to mark the beginning of the new year of the Buddhist community. The ‘Losar’ Ladakh started as a tradition during the supremacy of the ninth king of Tibet in early 17th century, when King Jamyang Namgyal decided to lead a war in winter and ended up celebrating the festival in advance.
Since then, the Losar festival is celebrated in the 11th month of Tibetan calendar which continues on 15th Dec.
♦Museum on Subhash Chandra Bose to be set up in Kolkata
- The Government of India is to open a museum on Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose on January 23, 2022. The museum is to be set up in Kolkata. The museum is to be inaugurated on the 125th birth anniversary of Netaji.
- The Government of India is also planning to reprint some of the books written by Netaji. The Netaji museum in New Delhi is also to be expanded.
♦India, Bangladesh sign 7 MoUs, agreements
- India and Bangladesh signed seven MoUs and agreements during the virtual summit between Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina that took place on 17th Dec.
- The agreements include a framework of understanding in Hydrocarbon sector, framework agreement on High Impact Community Development Project (HICDP), protocol on transborder elephant conservation, an MoU on the supply of equipment and improvement of Garbage and solid waste disposal, MoU in the field of agriculture, an MoU between National Museum Delhi and Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman Memorial museum, Dhaka and terms of reference for India Bangladesh CEO forum.
♦India-Bangladesh to reopen Chilahati-Haldibari rail link after 1965
- India and Bangladesh are going to reopen the Chilahati-Haldibari rail link after it was cut off during the 1965 war, nearly 55 years ago.
- The inauguration of the rail link will take place during the Virtual Summit of the Prime Ministers of India and Bangladesh on 17th Dec.
♦PM Modi inaugurates world’s largest renewable energy park in Gujarat
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi laid the foundation stone of the 30,000 megawatts (MW) capacity hybrid renewable energy park in Kutch district of Gujarat.
- It will be the largest renewable energy park of its kind in the world. It is expected to play a major role in fulfilling India’s vision of generating 450 GW (4,50,000 MW) of power by 2030.
- It will be spread over 72,600 hectares of wasteland, including 49,600 hectares for the solar project and 23,000 hectares of land for wind power.
International (Current Affairs)
♦India slips two spots to rank 131 in global Human Development Index, Norway tops
- India ranked 131 among 189 countries on the Human Development Index (HDI) for 2020, slipping two places from 2019 Index (129th), according to the Human Development Report (HDR) 2020 released by the United Nations Development Program (UNDP) on 16th Dec.
- TOP 5: Norway topped the index, followed by Ireland and Switzerland. Hong Kong and Iceland complete the top five.
- Parameters: HDI measures average achievement on three basic aspects of human development, life expectancy, education, and per capita income.
- India’s gross national income (GNI) per capita on the basis of purchasing power parity (PPP), too, fell from $6,829 in 2018 to $6,681 in 2019.
List of India’s Rank Different Index 2020
- World Happiness Index 2020-144th
- International Intellectual Property (IP) Index-40th
- Global passport Index 2020-84th
- Global Press Freedom Index 2020-142
- Global Innovation Index 2020-48th
- Global economic freedom ranking 2020-105th
- Human Capital Index 2020: 116th
- Global Hunger Index 2020: 94th
♦Kylie Jenner tops Forbes 2020 list for highest-paid celebrities: Forbes
- Forbes recently released its annual list of highest-earning celebrities, and fashion icon and entrepreneur Kylie Jenner ranked first with an earning of 590 million dollars. Ranked at No. 2, on the list by making USD 170 million was American rapper and record producer Kanye West.
- Roger Federer, Christiano Ronaldo, Lionel Messi Rank 3rd, 4th and 5th respectively.
♦Ghana president Nana Akufo-Addo won second term with 51.59%
- Ghana’s President Nana Akufo-Addo has won a second term after a tightly contested presidential election, the country’s electoral commission announced on Dec 9, beating long-time opponent John Mahama.
- Akufo-Addo of the centre-right New Patriotic Party (NPP) received 6,730,413 or 51.59% of votes while Mahama of the centre-left National Democratic Congress (NDC) received 6,214,889 or 47.36%.
Note: About Ghana
- Capital: Accra
- Currency: Ghanaian cedi
♦Category 5 Tropical Cyclone Yasa hits Fiji
- Landslides, flooding, strong gusts and large swells are adding to the “destructive” Cyclone Yasa, which hit Fiji
- The eye of the storm is passing 100 kilometres east of Yasaway-i-rara and 90km southwest of Labasa, according to the Fijian Government.
List of Cyclone/ Typhoon (2020)
- Cyclone Nivar – Tamil Nadu
- Storm Eta: Guatemala
- Tropical Storm “Cristobal”: Louisiana, Mississippi Coasts. (US)
- Tropical storm Amanda: El Salvador & Guatemala
- Cyclone Nisarga: Maharashtra, Gujarat
- Cyclone Amphan: West Bengal and Odisha
- Cyclone Maha: The Cyclone Maha in the Arabian Sea has crossed Lakshadweep.
- Cyclonic storm ‘Bulbul’: Bangladesh and West Bengal
Banking & Financial
♦India Signs $400 Million Project With World Bank To Protect Poor From COVID Impact
- The Government of India and the World Bank have signed a $400 million project to protect vulnerable groups in urban and peri-urban areas across the country impacted by COVID-19.
- This is the second such assistance in the series of two ‘Accelerating India’s COVID-19 Social Protection Response Programme’. Under the first operation, $750 million was approved by World Bank in May 2020.
- Purpose: The programme will strengthen the capability of state and national governments in India to provide coordinated and adequate social protection to the poor and vulnerable from the shocks triggered by the COVID-19 pandemic.
List of Loan approved by World Bank 2020
- $250 million-Tamil Nadu Housing Sector
- $500 million-To improve quality and governance of school education in six Indian states.
- Rs. 1,950 crore-W.Bengal Govt for tackling COVID situation
- $400 million-Improve coastal resources in India
- $82 million– For Himachal Pradesh State Roads Transformation Project.
- $80 million-Govt of Himachal Pradesh for improve water management practices
- $450 million-The World Bank-supported Atal Bhujal Yojana (ABHY)
- $88 Million-Help modernize Assam’s passenger ferry sector
- $210 Million-State of Maharashtra’s Agribusiness and Rural Transformation Project
- $120 Million -Meghalaya Integrated Transport Project
♦Prasar Bharati CEO Shashi Shekhar Vempati elected as Vice President of ABU
- The CEO of Prasar Bharati, Shashi Shekhar Vempati has been elected as the Vice President of Asia Pacific Broadcasting Union (ABU) for a period of three years. Prasar Bharati is India’s largest public broadcasting agency.
- The Asia Pacific Broadcasting Union was formed in 1964 as a professional association of broadcasting organisations with over 286 members in 57 countries and regions, reaching the potential population of about three billion people.
♦Qatar to host 2030 Asian Games, 2034 edition in Saudi Arabia
- The 2030 Asian Games were awarded to Doha, Qatar and the 2034 event went to Riyadh, Saudi Arabia after a deal was struck between the rival nations.
- Doha beat Riyadh for the 2030 Games in the vote at the Olympic Council of Asia’s (OCA) general assembly.
♦ISRO launches country’s 42nd communications satellite
- The Indian Space Research Organisation (Isro) on 17th Dec launched the country’s 42nd communication satellite named CMS-01. This is the second satellite launched by the space organisation.
- About: The CMS-01 is envisaged to provide services in the Extended-C Band of the frequency spectrum whose coverage will include the Indian mainland, Andaman-Nicobar and Lakshadweep Islands. The satellite will be the first in a new series of communication satellites by India after the GSAT and INSAT series.
Recommended for RBI Assistant & SBI Clerk Mains
- Computer Capsule for RBI Assistant Mains 2020 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2020
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|