Table of Contents
Daily GK Update 17 Nov 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020 :
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2020. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
Banking & Financial
♦SBM Bank India and PayNearby tie-up to offer ‘open banking’ solutions
- The State Bank of Mauritius (India) has joined hands with PayNearby, a FinTech start up offering FinTech and digital services at a local level. The two firms have signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) to build an “open banking” network that would enable access to basic banking solutions as well as advanced financial services for the customers.
- Aims: The alliance would help tap both, the banked as well as the unbanked segments and actively promote financial inclusion. This would also help boost the returns on investments for the retail and micro-enterprise segments.
♦HDFC Bank, IndusInd in ‘red flag’ list on nearing foreign investment cap
- Private sector lenders HDFC Bank and IndusInd Bank have been put in the so-called ‘red flag’ list, a system used for monitoring foreign portfolio investor (FPI) limits. A listed company enters the list when the available legroom for overseas investment is less than 3 per cent of the permissible limit.
- FPIs can invest up to 74 per cent in both HDFC Bank and IndusInd Bank. The current FPI shareholding in case of HDFC Bank is 71.3 per cent, while that of IndusInd Bank is 73. 1 per cent, data provided by depository firm NSDL shows.
Note: About HDFC Bank
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Tagline: We Understand Your World
- CEO: Sashidhar Jagdishan
♦Kris Gopalakrishnan appointed the first Chairperson of Reserve Bank Innovation Hub
- Kris Gopalakrishnan, the former co-chairman and co-founder of Infosys was appointed as the first Chairperson of Reserve Bank Innovation Hub on November 17, 2020. He was appointed by the Reserve Bank of India.
- The Reserve Bank Innovation Hub aims to promote innovation across financial sector.
- The RBI set up the hub to promote, support and hand-hold cross thinking. The hub will aim to increase the use of innovative technologies across the finance sectors. The hub acts as a centre for incubation and ideation of new capabilities that can be leveraged to create innovative financial services and products. The hub will aid in achieving the following objectives
- Efficient Banking services.
- Deepen Financial Inclusion.
- Strengthen consumer protection.
- Business Continuity in times of emergency.
Note: About RBI
- Governor: Shaktikanta Das
- Deputy Governor: B.P. Kanungo
- Deputy Governor: Mahesh Kumar Jain
- Deputy Governor: M. D. Patra
- Deputy Governor: M Rajeshwar Rao
♦SpaceX launches 4 astronauts into space
- SpaceX has launched Four Astronauts (3 Americans, 1 Japanese) to the International Space Station on the first full-fledged taxi flight for NASA (National Aeronautics and Space Administration) by a private company. They were launched by Falcon Rocket from the Kennedy Space Center.
- The capsule has been named as “Resilience”. The crew was led by Commander Mike Hopkins, Shannon Walker, Victor Glover (First Black Astronaut on a long-term space station) mission and Japan’s Soichi Noguchi (First person in 40 years to launch on three types of spacecraft).
Note: About SpaceX
- Founder: Elon Musk
- Founded: 6 May 2002
- CEO: Elon Musk
- Headquarters: California, United States
♦Dr Susanta Kar honoured with 2020 Prof.A N Bhaduri Memorial Lecture Award
- To recognize the significant contributions towards defining the survival tactics of Leishmania donovani, CSIR-CDRI Scientist, Dr.SusantaKar, honoured with “Prof.A N Bhaduri Memorial Lecture Award-2020” by the Society of Biological Chemists (India).
- Dr SusantaKar’s research group studied Leishmania’s interaction with immune cells like macrophages, dendritic cells, and T cells and the fate of these interactions on the modulation of various intracellular signalling cascades that ultimately affect immune response/infection progression.
♦Aryna Sabalenka won Linz Title
- Aryna Sabalenka won the Linz Open on November 16, 2020. The 22-year old Belarusian traded places with Serena Williams who has dropped to 11th in ranking. Serena has not played since French Open due to her Achilles injury.
- About Linz Open: Linz Open played in hardcourts. It is sponsored by Generali Gruppe. It is usually held in Linz, Austria. Since 2009, it is designated as WTA International Tournament.
- About Aryna Sabalenka: She is a Belarusian Tennis player. She has been ranked at number 9 in singles and number 2 in doubles by the Women Tennis Association. Sabalenka won her first Grand Slam at the 2019 US Open. In all she has won twelve Women Tennis Association (WTA) titles.
♦November 17: National Epilepsy Day
- Every year, the National Epilepsy Day is celebrated on November 17. The day is celebrated to create awareness about epilepsy.
- According to the World Health Organization, around 50 million people in the world are suffering from epilepsy. In India, more than 10 million are suffering from epilepsy. It affects both females and males.
♦November 15: Birth Anniversary of Birsa Munda
- Every year, the birth anniversary of Birsa Munda is observed on November 15. In order to commemorate his sacrifices and contributions towards the National movement, the state of Jharkhand was created on his birth anniversary. Therefore, Jharkhand celebrates its Statehood Day on November 15.
- Birsa Munda was a tribal freedom fighter who hailed from the Munda tribe. He is also known as “Dharti Abba”, meaning “The Earth Father”. He was the backbone of the Millenarian Movement that arose in the Jharkhand and Bihar belt during the 19th century.
Recommended for RBI Assistant & SBI Clerk Mains
- Computer Capsule for RBI Assistant Mains 2020 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2020
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|