Daily GK Update : 18 and 19 January 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK & Current affairs. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
NITI Aayog and UT of Ladakh sign MoU to promote development in Ladakh
- NITI Aayog and Union Territory of Ladakh sign MoU for Development of Infrastructure Projects in Ladakh.
- Aims: NITI Aayog will be supporting the UT’s administration through its key initiative ‘Development Support Services to States for Infrastructure Projects (D3S-i)’ . In an important initiative to promote the development of key infrastructure sectors in the newly constituted Union Territory of Ladakh.
- NITI Aayog will identify high-impact projects, It will expedited project implementation, addressing structural-level issues and creating unique models of development for the Union Territory of Ladakh.
Note: About NITI Aayog
- Formed: 1 January 2015
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Chairperson: Narendra Modi
Banking and Financial
World economy likely to grow 2.5% in 2020: UN report
- World economy to grow 2.5 percent in 2020, but a flare up of trade tensions, financial turmoil, or an escalation of geopolitical tensions could derail a recovery, according to the United Nations World Economic Situation and Prospects (WESP) 2020 released on 18th January.
- In a downside scenario, the world economic growth could slow to just 1.8 percent this year.
- The global economic growth slipped to 2.3 percent in 2019, due to uncertainties, said the report.
Note: About UN
- Secretary general: António Guterres
- Headquarters: New York, United States
- Founded: 24 October 1945
Lt Gen SK Saini Appointed As India’s Vice Chief Of Army Staff
- Indian Army’s Southern Command Chief, Lt Gen SK Saini will be the force’s new vice chief, taking charge a day before Republic Day.
- The post fell vacant after Lt Gen MM Naravane was elevated to the post of Chief of Army Staff.
- Army Chief- Manoj Mukund Naravane
- Navel Chief- Karambir Singh
- Air Chief- Rakesh Kumar Singh Bhadauria
- IB – Arvind Kumar
- BS – Vivek Kumar (V.K) Johri
- CRPF-AP Maheshwari
Harish Salve appointed Queen’s Counsel for courts of England and Wales
- Senior Advocate Harish Salve has been appointed as Queen’s Counsel (QC) for the courts of England and Wales.
- Salve, along with other persons who have also been appointed to the post, will be formally appointed as QC on 16 March this year, Bar and Bench reported.
- The title of Queen’s Counsel is awarded to those who have demonstrated particular skill and expertise in the legal field.
SC appoints former apex court judge Justice Abhay Manohar Sapre as head of road safety committee
- The Supreme Court on 16th January said it would appoint one of its retired judges, Justice Abhay Manohar Sapre, as the chairman of its committee on road safety after the panel’s current head — former apex court judge Justice K S P Radhakrishnan — expressed difficulty in continuing in that position.
- The bench has posted the matter for further hearing in July.
- The committee was earlier set up by the apex court while hearing a PIL on the issue of road safety in the country.
Singer Suman & music director Kuldeep to get MP’s Mangeshkar Award for 2017 & 2018 respectively
- Indian singer Suman Kalyanpur was chosen for the 2017 National Lata Mangeshkar Award of the state govt. of Madhya Pradesh(MP) while Indian Music composer Kuldeep Singh has been chosen for the same Mangeshkar award for the year 2018.
- They have been chosen for this award for their contribution in the field of music and will be awarded in February 2020 at an event in Indore, Madhya Pradesh.
Bajrang, Ravi Kumar win gold medals in Rome Ranking Series
- India’s star wrestlers Bajrang Punia and Ravi Kumar Dahiya kicked off the Olympic year in style, winning a gold medal each in their respective weight categories at the Rome Ranking Series.
- The 25-year-old Bajrang Punia staged a remarkable comeback to secure a 4-3 win against USA’s Jordan Michael Oliver in the final of the 65kg freestyle category.
- Ravi Kumar Dahiya, who competed in the 61kg category instead of his regular 57kg, also won gold after getting the better of Kazakhstan’s Nurbolat Abdualiyev 12-2 in his final bout late on 18th Janaury night.
Note: About Italy
- Prime minister: Giuseppe Conte
- Capital: Rome
- Currency: Euro
ICC U-19 World Cup Cricket begins in South Africa
- The ICC Under-19 World Cup Cricket begins in South Africa on 17th January. Indian team, under the captaincy of Priyam Garg, will look to defend the title when it begins its campaign against Sri Lanka at the Oval, Bloemfontein, on 19th January.
- India is the most successful team in the tournament, having won four titles till date, including the last edition in 2018.
Sania Mirza wins WTA doubles title in Hobart
- In a stunning comeback after a 2-year-long maternity break from tennis, Sania Mirza won the WTA Hobart International doubles title along with her partner Nadiia Kichenok on 18th January.
- The unseeded Indo-Ukrainian pair pipped the second seed Chinese team 6-4 6-4 in one hour 21 minutes.
Bahadurpur and Kheri Viran to become India’s first model sports villages
- Bahadurpur and Kheri Viran are set to become India’s first ‘Model Sports Villages’ as part of Institute of Management Technology (IMT) Ghaziabad’s plan to evolve a sports culture in the country.
- Under the ‘Adarsh Khel Gram’ program, IMT in association with NGO ‘Sports: A Way of Life’, will evolve sports culture and increase sports literacy in the twin villages.
- This will be carried out by distributing free booklets, sports magazines and books that will provide the villagers with basic knowledge. All verandahs, courtyards will be developed as primary sports ground management.
- One hour everyday from 4pm-5pm will be the designated time to play sports.
Former India all-rounder Bapu Nadkarni passes away
- Former India all-rounder Bapu Nadkarni, who played 41 Tests between 1955 and 1968, passed away. He was 86-years-old. Nadkarni, who represented Mumbai and Maharashtra in domestic cricket, breathed his last at his daughter’s residence here.
- In his 41 Tests, Nadkarni claimed 88 wickets with a best of six for 63 against New Zealand at Wellington in 1968.
You can also Read this:
|ambitiousbaba.com need your support to Grow|
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2020 E-book
|Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|
- WhatsApp Group Join here
- Telegram Group:- Click Here
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here