Daily GK Update: 18 February 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK & Current affairs. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Delhi’s IGI Airport becomes first single-use plastic-free airport of India
- The GMR-led Delhi International Airport Ltd has announced that Delhi’s Indira Gandhi International Airport has become free of single-use plastic usage.
- The CII-ITC Centre of Excellence for Sustainable Development, that supports the business community towards achieving sustainability has certified DIAL for its successful voluntary implementation of single-use plastic-free airport measures within IGI Airport’s operations.
♦Radhakishan Damani becomes India’s 2nd richest person
- Radhakishan Damani, founder of retailer Avenue Supermarts, has become India’s second-richest person with a networth of $17.8 billion, next only to his Altamount Road neighbour Mukesh Ambani, who heads the leader-board for the uber-rich not just in the country but in the Asian continent.
- Forbes’ Real-Time Billionaires Index showed that after a rally of more than 5 per cent in the Avenue Supermarts shares last week, the reclusive ace investor Damani moved ahead of HCL’s Shiv Nadar ($16.5 billion), Uday Kotak ($14.9 billion), Gautam Adani ($14.1 billion) and Lakshmi Mittal ($12.1 billion) on the gauge for the ultrarich.
- The total net worth of Mukesh Ambani, as on is $57.4 billion.
♦Bio Asia 2020 is being held in Hyderabad
- Telangana host the three-day Bio Asia 2020, Asia’s largest Biotechnology and Life Sciences Forum with the theme of ‘Today for Tomorrow’ from February 17 to 19 February in
- About 2,000 delegates from 37 countries will be attending the annual flagship event of Government of Telangana in the presence of most eminent personalities and industry stalwarts from life sciences sectors across the globe.
Note: List of Important Conference 2020
- Indian Science Congress-Bengaluru
- 7th Conference of CPA India Region-Lucknow
- Food Processing Summit-Ladakh
- Fifth Science Film festival-Goa
- World Sustainable Development Summit (WSDS) 2020-New Delhi
- Raisina Dialogue-New Delhi
♦J&K to host 2020 Global Investors Summit for the first time
- Srinagar is to host a three-day Global Investors’ Summit 2020 for the first time. The objective of the summit is to invite investments to the newly formed Union Territory (UT) of Jammu and Kashmir.
- Aim: The Global Investors’ Summit is to exhibit investment opportunities that are available in the Jammu & Kashmir in different sectors including horticulture & post-harvest management, tourism, film tourism, Mulberry production for silk, Agro and Food Processing, Health & Pharmaceuticals, Manufacturing, IT/ ITes, Renewable Energy, Infrastructure and Real Estate, Handloom and education.
♦15th Finance commission constitutes 8-member panel headed by ITC chairman Sanjiv Puri to boost agri exports
- The 15th Finance Commission on 17th February decided to set up an eight-member high level expert group headed by ITC chairman Sanjiv Puri to recommend strategies and measures to increase farm productivity and boost exports.
- The panel will recommend measurable performance incentives for States to encourage agri exports as well as to promote crops to enable high import substitution, the Finance Commission
♦Laureus Awards 2020: Tendulkar, Springboks win for World Cup wins; Hamilton, Messi share honours
- Laureus World Sports Awards (LWSA) on 17 February in Berlin will be a particularly propitious occasion, as it will mark the 20th time that these prestigious awards have been presented. Together with Laureus, Mercedes-Benz will be celebrating the anniversary as a long-standing partner of Laureus Sport for Good.
|Laureus World Sportsman of the Year:||Lewis Hamilton and Lionel Messi|
|Laureus World Sportswoman of the Year||Simone Biles|
|Laureus World Team of the Year||South Africa Men’s Rugby Team|
|Laureus Best Sporting Moment||Carried on the shoulders of a nation’ – Sachin Tendulkar|
|Laureus World Breakthrough of the Year||Egan Bernal|
|Laureus World Comeback of the Year||Sophia Flörsch|
|Laureus World Sportsperson of the Year with a Disability||Oksana Masters|
|Laureus World Action Sportsperson of the Year:||Chloe Kim|
|Laureus Lifetime Achievement Award:||Dirk Nowitzki|
|Laureus Academy Exceptional Achievement Award||Spanish Basketball Federation|
|Laureus Sport for Good Award||South Bronx United|
♦Asian Wrestling Championship begin in New Delhi
- Asian Wrestling Championship begin in New Delhi on 18th February. It will be held at the KD Jadhav Hall of Indira Gandhi Stadium till 23rd February. The event will have a total of 30 weight classes, 10 each in Freestyle Men, Women, and Greco Roman.
♦India to host Men’s Hockey Junior World Cup in 2021, South Africa to host women’s edition
- India would be hosting the 2021 Junior Men’s Hockey World Cup, making it the second big-ticket event awarded to the country for the second time on the trot.
- The defending champion had hosted the 2016 edition as well, becoming the first host nation to lift the trophy defeating Belgium 2-1 in the final. On 17th February, the FIH named India as the host for the next edition as well, ensuring the marquee event in the sport remains within the country at both senior and junior levels.
- India has already been named as the host for the 2023 Men’s World Cup after the 2018 edition.
Note: List of Upcoming Game
- T-20 women World Cup -Australia
- 31th Southeast Asian Games -Vietnam (Hanoi)
- 12th Cricket World Cup (Women) -New Zealand
- 22th FIFA (Men) World Cup football -Qatar (Doha)
- Women’s FIFA U-17 -2020– India
♦Javelin thrower Amit Dahiya banned for 4 years
- Anti-Doping Disciplinary Panel of the NADA, Haryana’s Amit Dahiya has been banned for four years for evading dope sample collection by sending a proxy during the National Javelin Throw Open Championships last year.
♦Govt renames IDSA as ‘Manohar Parrikar Institute for Defence Studies and Analyses’
- The central government has renamed Institute for Defence Studies and Analyses (IDSA), a government think tank, as Manohar Parrikar Institute for Defence Studies and Analyses in order to “honour the commitment and legacy” of the late defence minister.
- Parrikar, who was defence minister from November 9, 2014 to March 14, 2017, died on March 17 last year in Panaji at Goa due to pancreatic cancer.
Note: List of Rename
- Bhopal Metro Rail-Raja Bhoj
- Bogibeel Bridge-Atal Setu
- Naya Raipur-Atal Nagar
- Deoghar Airport (Jharkhand)-Atal Bihari Vajpayee Airport
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|
- WhatsApp Group Join here
- Telegram Group:- Click Here
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here