Daily GK Update 18th February 2021, Daily Current Affairs 2021
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2021. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2021, Daily GK Update 2021. All the important updates based on current affairs 2021 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2021 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2021 State and NRA CET Exam of 2021.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Amazon is setting up its first device manufacturing line in India at Chennai
- Amazon is setting up its first device manufacturing line in India to make Fire TV sticks locally and has partnered with Cloud Network Technology, a subsidiary of Foxconn, to begin producing the device at its Chennai plant later this year.
- The e-commerce giant claimed that the production line will have an annual capacity of “hundreds of thousands” of units, and will also continuously evaluate manufacturing capacity based on domestic demand for its devices.
♦India Inks New Agreement with Australia On Space Collaboration
- India signed a new agreement with Australia on 17th Feb and decided to expand on space collaboration as the sector continues to grow and create jobs.
- The amendment to the Memorandum of Understanding between the Australian Space Agency and the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO), builds on the Comprehensive Strategic Partnership between Australia and India announced by Prime Minister Scott Morrison and Prime Minister Narendra Modi last year.
- India’s partnership with Australia on the subject of space is underpinned by a formal Memorandum of Understanding signed between the two countries in 2012.
♦India-Mauritius Agreement for Comprehensive Economic Cooperation
- The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister, Narendra Modi, has approved the signing of a comprehensive economic cooperation and partnership agreement (CECPA) between India and Mauritius. This approval was given on February 17, 2021.
- It is a kind of a free trade agreement between India and Mauritius. This agreement was signed with the aim of liberalising the norms to boost a two-way commerce.
- This agreement will cover 310 export items for India such as foodstuff & beverages, textile & textile articles, base metals, agricultural products, electricals & electronic items, plastics & chemicals, wood & its articles.
♦Prime Minister to launch ‘Mahabahu-Brahmaputra’ initiative in Assam
- The Prime Minister Narendra Modi will virtually launch ‘Mahabahu-Brahmaputra’ initiative in Assam on February 18, 2021.
- He will lay the foundation stone for the Dhubri Phulbari bridge. PM will also perform the bhumi pujan for the construction of Majuli Bridge in Assam.
- PM while announcing the details stated that, it will be a landmark day in the development journey for Assam as Mahabahu-Brahmaputra initiative is going to be launched.
- Mahabahu-Brahmaputra initiative: Launch of the Mahabahu-Brahmaputra initiative is going to be marked with the inauguration of the Ro-Pax vessel operations. The Ro-Pax vessel operations will be launched in between the Neamatighat & Majuli, Dhubri-Hatsingimari and North-South Guwahati. This initiative also includes the inauguration of the Inland Water Transport Terminal at Jogighopa. Initiative will also be marked with the inauguration of various tourist jetties at four locations in order to promote the river tourism and employment across the state.
♦Centre Launches new Instant Messaging platform ‘Sandes’
- The National Informatics Centre (NIC), under the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, has launched an instant messaging platform called “Sandes”. Similar to WhatsApp, the new government instant messaging systems (GIMS) platform can be used for all kinds of communications by anyone using a mobile number or email id.
- The need to build a home-grown messaging platform was felt by the government to ensure secure communication between people as they worked from home, following the nationwide lockdown imposed to contain the spread of Covid-19.
Note About: National Informatics Centre
- Founded: 1976.
- Director-General: Neeta Verma.
- Headquarters: New Delhi.
International (Current Affairs)
♦International Solar Alliance to Launch World Solar Bank
- The International Solar Alliance (ISA) have planned to launch the World Solar Bank (WSB) at the United Nations Climate Change Conference in Glasgow that is scheduled for November 2021. The WSB have planned to disburse around $50 billion to the member countries of ISA over next 10 years.
- The development of the World Solar Bank will support India’s attempt to secure its leadership in the climate arena. The development of the bank is significance because the green finance will be one of the priority themes at the climate meet called COP-26. COP-26 will be organised in the backdrop of US re-joining the Paris climate accord.
♦Georgia’s PM resigns over move to arrest opposition leader
- Georgian Prime Minister Giorgi Gakharia announced his resignation on 18th Feb, following a court ruling that ordered the arrest of a man who leads the ex-Soviet nation’s top opposition party.
- Mr. Gakharia said in a statement he was stepping down because of disagreements within his own team over the decision to arrest Nika Melia, chairman of the United National Movement opposition party.
- A Tbilisi court on 17th Feb ruled to place Melia, who is accused of organising “mass violence” during anti-government protests in 2019, in pre-trial detention after he reused to pay an increased bail fee of $12,000. If convicted, Melia faces nine years in prison. He has rejected the charges as politically motivated.
Note: About Georgia
- Capital: Tbilisi
- President: Salome Zourabichvili
- Currency: Georgian lari
Banking & Financial
♦ S&P forecasts India’s GDP growth at 10% in FY22
- S&P Global Ratings on 17th Feb said India will be one of the fastest growing emerging market economies with a 10% growth in the fiscal year 22, and future sovereign rating action would hinge on lowering fiscal deficit and sustaining debt burden.
- S&P Director, Sovereign & International Public Finance Ratings, Andrew Wood said the forecast for India in 2021 is on stronger side and shows that a lot of economic activity, which was frozen last year, is coming back on line to normalisation thereby brightening the growth prospects, as well as structural strengths of Indian economy coming back to the fore.
Note: India GDP projected F22 (2021-2022)
- Word Bank-5.4%
- Brickwork Ratings-11%
- Nomura –13.5%
- BofA Securities-9%
- India Ratings and Research (Ind-Ra)- 10.4%
♦AP CM YS Jagan Mohan Reddy gets SKOCH CM of Year Award
- Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy was conferred with the SKOCH Chief Minister of the Year Award. SKOCH Group Chairman Sameer Kochhar called on the Chief Minister at his camp office at Tadepalli on Tuesday and presented the award to him.
- YS Jagan Mohan Reddy was selected for the SKOCH Chief Minister of the Year Award based on a year-long study of results of projects being implemented by governments in various States of the country.
Note: About AP
- Governor: Biswabhusan Harichandan
- Capitals: Visakhapatnam (executive capital), Kurnool (judicial capital, Amaravati (legislative capital.)
♦Telangana Governor Tamilisai to assume additional charge as Puducherry LG
- Telangana Governor Tamilisai Soundararajan, who has been given additional charge of Puducherry, will assume office as Lieutenant Governor on 18th Feb.
- Dr. Kiran Bedi ceased to hold office of the Lieutenant Governor of Puducherry, a senior official of the UT called on Telangana Governor Dr. Tamilisai Soundarajan to hand over the Warrant of Appointment.
Note: list of LG
- Andaman & Nicobar (UT)-Admiral (Retd) Devendra Kumar Joshi
- Dadra and Nagar Haveli (UT)-Shri Vikram Dev Dutt, IAS
- Daman and Diu (UT)-Shri Vikram Dev Dutt, IAS
- Delhi (NCT)-Anil Baijal
- Lakshadweep (UT)-Shri Vijay Kumar IAS
Recommended PDF’s for 2021:
- Computer Capsule 2021 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2021
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2021 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|