Daily GK Update: 18 March 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK & Current affairs. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Haryana’s Amin village renamed as Abhimanyupur
- The Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) has given its approval to a proposal of the Haryana Government to rename Amin village in Kurukshetra district to Abhimanyupur.
- Officials in the MHA said a decision in this regard was taken after a formal nod from a few Central organisations and the no-objection certification had been issued.
Note: List of Renamed
- Bundel Section Express–Way-Atal Path
- Hazratganj intersection-Atal Chowk
- Deoghar Airport (Jharkhand)-Atal Bihari Vajpayee Airport
- Ferozeshah Kotla Stadium-Arun Jaitley Stadium
- Bhopal Metro Rail-Raja Bhoj
International (Current Affairs)
♦Iraqi President Barham Salih names Adnan al-Zurfi as new PM
- Iraqi President Barham Salih on 17th March appointed Adnan al-Zurfi as the prime minister-designate who will form an interim government.
- Salih received al-Zurfi in his office in the Presidential Palace in central Baghdad and handed him the task letter to form a new government within 30 days. Al-Zurfi’s nomination came one day after the deadline of 15 days set by the Iraqi constitution for political blocs to submit a candidate for the post of prime minister-designate to Iraqi president.
Note: About Iraq
- Capital: Baghdad
- Currency: Iraqi dinar
- President: Barham Salih
Banking and Financial
♦Moody’s cuts India growth forecast for 2020 to 5.3%
- Moody’s Investors Service on 17th March lowered India’s GDP growth forecast for 2020 calendar year to 5.3 per cent, on coronavirus implications on the economy. Moody’s had in February projected a 5.4 per cent real GDP growth for India in 2020.
- This too was a downgrade from 6.6 per cent earlier forecast. The 5.3 per cent real GDP growth forecast for 2020 compares to 5.3 per cent growth estimate for 2019 and 7.4 per cent achieved in 2018. Moody’s forecast a 5.8 per cent growth rate for India in 2021.
Note: India’s GDP Forecast FY2020-21
- World Bank-5.8%
♦S&P lowers India’s growth forecast to 5.2% in 2020
- S&P Global Ratings on 18th March lowered India’s economic growth forecast to 5.2 per cent for 2020, saying the global economy is entering a recession amid the coronavirus pandemic.
- The agency had earlier projected a growth rate of 5.7 per cent during the 2020 calendar.
- “We lower our forecasts for China, India, and Japan for 2020 to 2.9 per cent, 5.2 per cent and -1.2 per cent (from 4.8 per cent, 5.7 per cent, and -0.4 per cent previously),” S&P said.
♦Former IBM executive Karan Bajwa appointed Google Cloud India MD
- Google has turned to tech industry veteran Karan Bajwa to drive its cloud business in the country, appointing him managing director of Google Cloud India.
- Bajwa will be responsible for driving revenue and go-to-market operations for Google Cloud’s extensive solution portfolio that includes Google Cloud Platform and G Suite.
♦Prachi Salve, Pradeep Dwivedi won 2019 Road Safety Media Fellowship award
- Prachi Salve of IndiaSpend and Pradeep Dwivedi of DainikJagran jointly won the top prize in the Road Safety Media Fellowship 2019. The award recognized their contribution towards reporting on road safety by the Centre for Media Studies (CMS).
♦18th March- Ordnance Factories’ Day
- Every year, 18 March is celebrated as the Ordnance Factory Day in India. OFB is the world’s largest government-operated production organisation, and the oldest organisation run by the Government of India. It has a total workforce of about 80,000.
Note: List of March’s Important Day
- 1st March-World civil defence day
- 3rd March-World Hearing Day
- 3rd March-World Wildlife Day
- 8th March-International Women’s Day
- 15th March-World Consumer Rights Day
♦Famous Marathi Actor Jairam Kulkarni passed away
- Veteran Marathi actor Jairam Kulkarni passed away on March 17 in Pune due to age-related issues. He was 88. The actor, known for films like Prem Deewane (1992), Zunz Tukhe Majhi (1992) and De Denandan (1987) will be cremated today at the Vaikunth Crematorium.
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION (DI) 2020 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|
- WhatsApp Group Join here
- Telegram Group:- Click Here
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here