Daily GK Update 18th March 2021, Daily Current Affairs 2021
Current Affairs 18th March: Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2021. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2021, Daily GK Update 2021. All the important updates based on current affairs 2021 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2021 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2021 State and NRA CET Exam of 2021.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Poshan Pakhwada Being Celebrated from 16th to 31st March
- The Ministry of Women and Child Development is celebrating the Poshan Pakhwada from March 16 to March 31, 2021. The Department of Women & Child Development or the Social Welfare Department will be the nodal department to look after the Poshan Pakhwada across the states and Union Territories.
- The key focus areas of the Pakhwada are to address the nutritional challenges using the Food Forestry and to organize the Poshan Panchayats. Under it, the National Medicinal Plants Board (NMPB) working under the Ministry of AYUSH, will distribute 4 samplings of the nutritional rich plants to each of the Anganwadi Centers.
International (Current Affairs)
♦World’s Largest Floating Solar Farms being built in Singapore
- The largest floating solar farm of the world is being built in Singapore. The country has resorted to set up the energy plants off the coasts and reservoirs across it.
- This floating solar farm is being set up in the light that despite being one of the smallest countries across the world, it is one of the biggest per capita carbon dioxide emitters in India. Thus, to cater to the issue of climate change and to cut the greenhouse gas emission it is building the floating solar farm. This project is being built by Sembcorp Industries.
♦Italy joins International Solar Alliance
- The Ministry of External Affairs of India has informed that Italy has signed a framework agreement with India on March 17, 2021 to join the International Solar Alliance (ISA). ISA is a treaty-based intergovernmental alliance comprising of 121 countries.
- The Italian Republic signed the framework agreement of ISA following the amendment made to the framework agreement of ISA which came in to effect on January 8, 2021. This amendment had opened the membership in the Solar Alliance to all the members of the United Nations. The ISA Framework Agreement was signed by Ambassador of Italy, Vincenzo De Luca.
Note: About ISA
- Headquarters: Gurugram
- Founded: 30 November 2015
- Founded at: Paris, France
- Membership: 121 members of UN
- Director General: Ajay Mathur
- Founders: Narendra Modi, François Hollande
Banking & Financial
♦SBI and IOCL to ink India’s First Libor Alternative Rate Deal
- The State Bank of India (SBI) and Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL) will be sign the first Secured Overnight Financing Rate (SOFR) linked external commercial borrowing (ECB) deal.
- The deal will be signed because the de facto international benchmark reference rate called the London Interbank Offered Rate (LIBOR) will no longer work as the benchmark after December 2021.
- The state Bank of India highlighted that, it will be arranging $100 million linked to SOFR for 5 years. The LIBOR will no longer work as the benchmark after December 2021. Thus, the Secured Overnight Financing Rate (SOFR) and Sterling Overnight Interbank Average Rate (SONIA) are the most potential alternatives. But only a few swap deals are linked to these alternatives at the international level. Libor is still used extensively specially for loans which are getting matured within the year.
Note: About SBI
- SBI New chairman- Dinesh Kumar Khara (For 3yrs)
- SBI new chief financial officer (CFO)-Charanjit Surinder Singh Attra
- SBI Cards& Payment Services MD & CEO- Rama Mohan Rao Amara
- SBI General Insurance MD & CEO – Prakash Chandra Kandpal
- SBI Mutual Fund MD & CEO– Vinay Tonse
- SBI MDs – Ashwani Bhatia, C.S. Setty, Swaminathan Janakiraman and Ashwini Kumar Tewari
♦Indian firms to collaborate with Finland to develop 5G and 6G Technologies
- The Information technology companies of India, like Wipro and Tech Mahindra, will be collaborating with the companies of Finland to develop the 5G and 6G technologies to use them in India and other markets.
- The tech company, Nokia has already started working in the rural areas of India so as to expand the 5G applications. This was announced after the Indian Prime Minister and Prime Minister of Finland hold a virtual summit on March 16, 2021.
♦KRAS releases First batch of MRSAM Missiles
- The Kalyani Rafael Advanced Systems (KRAS), which is a joint venture between the Kalyani Group of India and Rafael Advanced Defence Systems of Israel, have released the first batch of Medium Range Surface to Air Missile (MRSAM) kits. The missile was released for Indian Army and Indian Air Force.
- The release of the MRSAM Missile also marked the KRAS’ commitment to deliver more than 1000 MRSAM missile kits to India in near future. These missile sections will then be sent for further and future integration to the Bharat Dynamics Limited (BDL). The Kalyani Group has infused the “State-of-the-art technology with the engineering excellence in the company.
About KRAS: It is the private sector MSME of India comprising of advanced manufacturing capabilities and facilities which is specially dedicated to address the assembly, integration and testing (AIT) of the state-of the-art weapon systems which are being inducted in the India’s defence forces. KRAS also address the Maintenance and Repair Operations (MRO) of the major in-service Air Defence Missile System in the Indian Air Force.
♦INS Jalashwa Arrives at Port Anjouan as part of Mission Sagar-IV
- As part of Mission Sagar-IV, Indian Naval Ship Jalashwa arrived at Port Anjouan, Comoros on 14 March 2021 to deliver 1,000 Metric Tonnes of rice. An official ceremony for handing over the food aid from the Government of India to Government of Comoros was held on 15 March 2021.
- This consignment of 1000 metric tonnes of rice as food assistance were flagged off to Comoros in the light of promise made by the Vice President of India, Venkaiah Naidu during his brief visit to Comoros in the month of October 2019.
Note: List of Mission Sagar
- Sagar -I Mission: INS KESARI to Indian Ocean Countries
- Sagar -II Mission: INS AIRAWAT to East African Countries
- Sagar – III Mission: INS KILTAN to Vietnam
♦India’s arms imports down by 33%, says Sipri report
- India’s arms imports fell 33% between 2011-15 and 2016-20, said a report released by the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (Sipri). India’s top three arms suppliers during 2016-20 were Russia (accounting for 49% of India’s imports), France (18%) and Israel (13%), the report.
- The report on international arms transfers attributed the drop in India’s arms imports mainly to an attempt to reduce its dependence on Russian arms and complex procurement processes. Russia was the most affected supplier, although India’s imports of US arms also fell by 46%.
Note: About Sipri
- Headquarters: Oslo, Norway.
- Founded: 6 May 1966.
- Director: Dan Smith.
♦S Dhanalakshmi won Federation Cup gold
- Sprinter S Dhanalakshmi beat national record holder Dutee Chand to win women’s 100m sprint final in the Federation Cup Senior National Athletics Championships in Patiala.
- Another Tamil Nadu runner Archana Suseendran was third in 11.76 seconds. Hima Das was disqualified after a false start.
♦18 March – Ordnance Factories Day (India)
- On 18th March, Ordnance Factories Day is observed every year all over India. On this occasion, the Ordnance Factory, Field Gun Factory, Small Arms Factory, Ordnance Parachute Factory, and Ordnance Equipment Factory acknowledge the day.
- Foundation of the first Ordnance Factory at Cossipore near Kolkata in 1801.
♦18 March: Global Recycling Day 2021
- Global Recycling Day is observed every year on March 18 to create awareness among the masses about the rapid pace at which our natural resources are being used. The day also promotes the concept and practice of recycling. Every year, events are organised by environmentalist and activists to promote the cause.
- Theme 2021: “Recycling Heroes”.
Attempt Current Affairs QUIZ
Click to Subscribe Our Youtube Channel for Free Complete Banking & Insurance Course
Click here to Buy RBI Attendant Online Test Series
Recommended PDF’s for 2021:
- Computer Capsule 2021 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2021
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2021 Preparation Kit PDF
Most important PDF’s for Bank, SSC, Railway and Other Government Exam : Download PDF Now
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|