Daily GK Update: 18 May 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & Current affairs 2020. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
International (Current Affairs)
♦PM of Israel Benjamin Netanyahu sworn-in for the 5th time
- Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu finally swore in his new government on 17 May for the fifth time. The ceremony of the swearing-in of Israel’s new government, the Knesset, was held in accordance with coronavirus social distancing directives.
- Netanyahu will be in power until 13 November 2021. This ended the 18-month political crisis in the country. Benny Gantz will serve in the specially created role of alternate Prime Minister and Defense Minister.
Note: About Isreal
- President: Reuven Rivlin
- Capital: Jerusalem
- Currency: Shekel
Banking and Financial
♦Nabard sanctions Rs 1,500 cr for Punjab to ensure credit flow to farmers
- The National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) has sanctioned Rs 1,500 crore for Punjab to ensure continuous credit flow to farmers, through state cooperative banks, amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
- “Nabard has sanctioned a sum of Rs 1,500 crore, out of which an amount of Rs 1,000 crore has been sanctioned to Punjab State Cooperative Bank and Rs 500 crore to Punjab Gramin Bank.
- This is part of Nabard”s Rs 25,000 crore nationwide special liquidity facility (SLF), which has been made available to state cooperative banks, regional rural banks, and microfinance institutions (MFIs), to ensure flow of credit to farmers for agricultural operations during COVID-19 pandemic, a release said.
Note: About Nabard
- Founded: 12 July 1982
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Current Chairman: Harsh Kumar Bhanwala (Next- Chintala Govinda Rajulu (June last week))
♦Five-member panel headed by Neerabh Kumar Prasad formed to probe Vizag gas leak, will submit report in one month
- The Andhra Pradesh government on 16th may constituted a five-member High-Power Committee to probe into the causes behind the leakage of styrene gas from the LG Polymer plant at RR Venkatapuram in Visakhapatnam, which claimed 12 lives, and take stock of the recovery steps being initiated. It will be submitting its final report within one month.
- The committee will be headed by Neeraj Kumar Prasad, Special Chief Secretary (EFS and T department) and will have Karikal Valaven, Special Chief Secretary (Industries), Vinay Chand (Visakhapatnam district collector), RK Meena (Visakhapatnam Commissioner of Police) as members and Vivek Yadav (Member Secretary, AP Pollution Control Board) as member convenor.
♦Zubair Iqbal appointed MD J&K Bank, Chibber to continue as chairman
- The Jammu and Kashmir administration on 15th May approved the appointment of senior vice president of HDFC Bank Zubair Iqbal as the new managing director of Jammu and Kashmir Bank. Iqbal will have a three-year tenure.
- R K Chibber will continue as the bank’s chairman for the next three years.
List of CEO Other Bank
- Bank of Baroda: Sanjiv Chadha
- Bank of India: Atanu Kumar Das
- Central Bank of India: Pallav Mahapatra
- Indian Bank: Padmaja Chunduru
- UCO Bank: Atul Kumar Goel
♦ISRO directs startups to build local tech for Gaganyaan mission
- India’s space agency Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) has directed the startups to develop tools and machines for its maiden human space flight Gaganyaan-1 mission.
- ISRO focuses to potentially help them build products and solutions that they can exploit commercially. The move is expected to open up opportunities for new types of companies to come up in India.
- Amid lockdown, ISRO has identified a set of 17 technologies that to develop locally at lower costs for use in its Gaganyaan missions.
- ISRO has opened up its facilities to companies like Larson & Toubro and HAL to build its polar satellite launch vehicle (PSLV).
Note: About ISRO
- Headquarters: Bengaluru
- Founder: Vikram Sarabhai
- Founded: 15 August 1969
- Director: Kailasavadivoo Sivan
Book and Author
♦A Book titled “Wuhan Diary: Dispatches from a Quarantined City” authored by Fang Fang
- The much-talked about ‘Wuhan Diary: Dispatches from a Quarantined City’ by well-known Chinese literary writer Fang Fang, has released in India in the ebook format.
- Published by HarperNonFiction, the audio will follow on May 26. The book, which will be translated into 15 languages is a compilation of the author’s diary entries and social media posts that document 60 days of lockdown during the COVID-19 epidemic.
♦18th May: International Museum Day 2020
- Every year, all the museums across the globe are invited to participate in the International museum day to promote the role of museums.
- International museum day was first held in 1977 and it gained attention since. In 2009, almost 20,000 museums participated in the International Museum Day. The events were held in more than 90 countries that year.
- Theme 2020: Museums for Equality: Diversity and Inclusion.
Note: Revision May Important Day
- May 8: World Red Cross Day & World Thalassaemia Day
- May 11: National Technology Day
- May 12: International Nurses Day
- May 15: International Day of the Family
- May 17: World Telecommunication Day; World Hypertension Day
♦18th May: World’s AIDS Vaccine Day 2020
- Every year that is known as HIV Vaccine Awareness Day and World Aids Vaccine Day. This day is celebrated on May 18.
- As well as raising awareness of the need for a vaccine it also celebrates those that work towards this goal. All those who have helped the victim of the infection also receive praise on this particular day.
♦16th May: National Dengue Day 2020
- India observes Nation Dengue Day on May 16 as suggested by the Union Health Ministry to create awareness about the disease. Measures to prevent and preparing to control the spread of dengue are among a few things that are discussed and shared on this day.
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION (DI) 2020 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here