Daily GK Update 18th August 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2020. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Indian Railways constructing world’s tallest pier bridge in Manipur
- Indian Railways in its effort to provide connectivity to various parts of the specially in the remote ares is taking multiple steps where transportation is still a major problem for the people living in those areas.
- In one such step Indian Railways’ North East Frontier Railway zone has constructed the world’s tallest pier bridge in the North-Eastern state of Manipur.
- The bridge which is being constructed across river Ijai near Noney is an engineering marvel because the tallest pier height will be of 141 meter. It will surpass the existing record of 139 meter of Mala – Rijeka viaduct, Montenegro in Europe.
♦Chhattisgarh CM announces ‘Padhai Tuhar Para’ scheme for school students
- Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel on 15th August announced to launch a special scheme under which school students will be able to learn in their respective localities in view of the suspension of classes due to the coronavirus outbreak.
- ‘Padhai Tuhar Para’ scheme to teach children with the help of community in their localities and villages.
Note: About Chhattisgarh
- Chief minister: Bhupesh Baghel
- Governor: Anusuiya Uikey
- Capital: Raipur
♦Gwalior-Chambal Expressway to be named after Atal Bihari Vajpayee
- The Gwalior-Chambal Expressway will be named Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee Chambal Progressway. While paying tribute to former prime minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee on his second death anniversary (16th August).
- He continues to inspire us to work for the public, Shivraj Singh Chouhan said.
♦Kozhikode plane crash: AAIB forms five-member inquiry panel Headed by Captain S S Chahar
- The Aircraft Accident Investigation Board (AAIB) said it has formed a five-member panel to inquire into the circumstances of a plane crash in Kerala’s Kozhikode airport last week in which 18 people were killed.
- The investigator-in-charge will complete its inquiry and submit the report to AAIB, India, preferably within five months from the date of the issue of this order.”
- Captain S S Chahar, a former DGCA-designated examiner for pilots of B737NG aircraft, will be the investigator-in-charge to inquire into the circumstances of the August 7 accident.
Banking and Financial
♦ADB approves $1 billion loan for construction of Delhi-Meerut RRTS
- The Asian Development Bank (ADB) has approved a $1 billion loan to support construction of the modern, high-speed Delhi–Meerut Regional Rapid Transit System.
- Financing for the project will be implemented in four tranches between August 2020 and May 2025. The Government of India will provide $1.89 billion and co-financiers are expected to provide $1 billion of the total project cost of $3.94 billion.
- The 82-kilometer Delhi–Meerut regional rapid transit system (RRTS) network is the first of three priority rail corridors in the country’s integrated transport network under the NCR Regional Plan 2021.
List of Loan approved by ADB 2020
- $177 million-To upgrade 450 kilometers (km) of state highways Maharashtra
- $346 million-Provide reliable power connection in rural areas of Maharashtra.
- $USD 1.5 billion-Help fund its fight against coronavirus pandemic.
- $60 million-Aavas Financiers Ltd, to improve access to housing finance for lower-income borrowers, particularly women.
- $100 million-Indian infrastructure sector through the government-promoted NIIF.
♦Rakesh Asthana appointed New BSF DG
- Gujarat cadre IPS officer Rakesh Asthana has been appointed as the chief of the Border Security Force (BSF) and V S K Kaumudi will be Special Secretary (Internal Security) in the Home Ministry.
- Asthana is at present working as the Director General of Bureau of Civil Aviation Security (BCAS) here.
- He has been appointed the Director General (DG) of Border Security Force from the date of joining the post and up to July 31, 2021.
List of Chiefs and DGS
- Army Chief– Manoj Mukund Naravane
- Navel Chief- Karambir Singh
- Air Chief– Rakesh Kumar Singh Bhadauria
- IB- Arvind Kumar
- CRPF- AP Maheshwari
- CISF- Rajesh Ranjan
- ITBP- SS Deswal
- NSG– Anup Kumar Singh
- NDRF- SN Pradhan
- RAW- Samant Goel
♦Goa Governor Satya Pal Malik Moved To Meghalaya, Third Shift In 2 Years
- Goa Governor Satya Pal Malik has been moved to Meghalaya, his third move in two years, and Maharashtra Governor Bhagat Singh Koshyari has been given additional charge of Goa.
- Satya Pal Malik was appointed Goa governor in October last year. He was the Governor of Jammu and Kashmir when its special status under Article 370 was scrapped and it was divided into two union territories.
List of Governor North East states
- Manipur- Dr. Najma A. Heptulla
- Mizoram– P.S. Sridharan Pillai
- Nagaland– R.N Ravi
- Sikkim-Shri Ganga Prasad
- Tripura– Ramesh Bais
♦Dream11 wins IPL 2020 title sponsorship rights for ₹222 crore
- Fantasy sports platform Dream11 on 18th August signed a ₹222-crore deal with BCCI for title sponsorship rights for the upcoming season of IPL.
- This, after Chinese phonemaker Vivo backed out of Indian Premier League 2020, which is set to begin from 19 September in UAE.
♦Lewis Hamilton dominates to win Spanish GP
- Lewis Hamilton produced a dominant display to win the Spanish Grand Prix and extend his lead at the top of the Formula One standings. The British driver Lewis Hamilton also claimed his 88th Formula One career victory with his podium finish at the Spanish Grand Prix.
- Red Bull Racing’s Max Verstappen finished second while second Mercedes’ driver Valtteri Bottas finished Third.
List of Winner 2020 F1 Race
- Styrian Grand prix– Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes-Britain)
- Austrian Grand Prix– Valtteri Battas (Mercedes-finland)
- Hungarian Grand Prix- Lewis Hamilton
- British Grand Prix -Lewis Hamilton
- F1 70th Anniversary Grand Prix- Max Emilian Verstappen (Netherland)
♦19th August: World Photography Day
- World Photography Day is celebrated on the 19th of August every year.
- Their main goal is to unite and motivate people to share experiences, create something new and look for original photo themes.
♦19th August: World Humanitarian Day
- World Humanitarian Day (WHD) is held every year on 19 August to pay tribute to aid workers who risk their lives in humanitarian service, and to rally support for people affected by crises around the world.
♦ Revision: August Important Day
- 1 August-National Mountain Climbing Day and Yorkshire Day
- 2 August (First Sunday of August)- Friendship Day
- 4 August- U.S. Coast Guard Day
- 6 August- Hiroshima Day
- 7 August (First Friday of August)-International Beer Day
- 8 August- Quit India Movement Day
- 9 August- Nagasaki Day
- 9 August- International Day of the World’s Indigenous Peoples
- 9th August: World Tribal Day
- 12 August- International Youth Day
♦Legendary classical vocalist Pandit Jasraj passes away
- Pandit Jasraj, the celebrated classical vocalist who originally trained as a tabla player to accompany singers, died following a cardiac arrest at his home in New Jersey on 17th August.
- The 90-year-old leaves behind a rich legacy of nearly eight decades as a singer and teacher. He was one of the last of a generation of voices that included Kishori Amonkar, who died in 2017.
Recommended for RBI Assistant & SBI Clerk Mains
- Computer Capsule for RBI Assistant Mains 2020 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2020
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book||Get PDF here|
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
- More Daily Current Affairs Click here
- Get Free PDFs
- Banking Awareness Study Notes
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here