Daily GK Update 18 Jan 2021, Daily Current Affairs 2021 :
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2021. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2021, Daily GK Update 2021. All the important updates based on current affairs 2021 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2021 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2021 State and NRA CET Exam of 2021.
National (Current Affairs)
♦India’s first ‘Labour Movement Museum’ to be set up in Alappuzha
- The country’s first Labour Movement Museum, showcasing the history of world labour movement, would be launched in Alappuzha, Kerala.
- The museum will feature a huge repository of documents and exhibits that shaped the labour movements across the continents, state Tourism department said on January 17, 2020.
Note: About Kerala
- Capital: Thiruvananthapuram
- Governor: Arif Mohammad Khan
- Chief minister: Pinarayi Vijayan
♦PM Modi flags off 8 trains to boost connectivity to Statue of Unity at Kevadia, Gujarat
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi on January 17, 2021 flagged off eight trains connecting different parts of the country to Kevadia in Gujarat, via video conferencing. Kevadia is famous for world’s tallest statue, the Statue of Unity of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel, which Modi inaugurated in October 2018.
- These trains will connect Kevadia to Varanasi, Dadar, Ahmedabad, Hazrat Nizamuddin, Rewa, Chennai and Pratapnagar.
- The Ahmedabad-Kevadia Jan Shatabdi Express, one of the eight trains, has been equipped with the ‘Vista-dome tourist coach’ which offers large viewing areas with rooftop glasses and seats for passengers.
India’s first COVID-19 Vaccine recipient is Manish Kumar
- Manish Kumar, a sanitation worker in Delhi, became the first person to receive the COVID-19 vaccine in India after PM Modi flagged off the nationwide vaccination drive on 16 January 2021.
- Manish Kumar was given the injection at AIIMS in Delhi while Union Health Minister Dr Harsh Vardhan was also present.
International (Current Affairs)
♦Fiji wins presidency of UN Human Rights Council
- The United Nations Human Rights Council (UNHCR) on 16th Jan elected Fiji’s ambassador as its 2021 president in an unprecedented secret ballot after a diplomatic standoff blocked the usual consensus decision.
- The island nation’s ambassador in Geneva, Nazhat Shameem Khan, beat off competition from Bahrain and Uzbekistan to lead the only intergovernmental global body to promote and protect human rights worldwide.
- Khan, who served as the council’s vice president in 2020 and is considered a rights champion, won with 29 out of 47 votes.
Note: About Fiji
- Capital: Suva
- Currency: Fijian dollar
- President: Jioji Konrote
- The policy change was originally scheduled to come into effect on February 8.
♦TEPC appoints Sandeep Aggarwal as new Chairman
- The Telecom Equipment and Services Export Promotion Council (TEPC) has appointed Sandeep Aggarwal as the new Chairman. Aggarwal, the Managing Director and Promoter of Delhi-based Paramount Communications, will take over from Shyamal Ghosh, ex-Telecom Secretary.
- TEPC is an independent body set up by the government to promote and develop the export of telecom equipment and services.
♦SKOCH Challenger Award to Ministry of Panchayati Raj
- Sunil Kumar, Secretary, Ministry of Panchayati Raj, on January 16, 2021, received the SKOCH Challenger Award conferred on the Ministry of Panchayati Raj (MoPR) under “Transparency in Governance.
- It was given to the ministry for their IT-led initiatives and transformational reforms leading to outcome-based performance improvement, better transparency, and strengthening of the e-Governance in Panchayati Raj Institutions (PRIs) across the country.
- The Award was given virtually during the 70th SKOCH Summit (SKOCH Public Policy Forum).
- SKOCH Group is India’s leading think tank dealing with socio-economic issues with a focus on inclusive growth since 1997.
- The services provided by SKOCH include field interventions, consultancy, research reports, impact assessments, policy briefs, books, journals, workshops and conferences.
- SKOCH Group has instituted India’s highest independent civilian honours in the field of governance, finance, technology, economics and social sector.
Book & Author
♦Ramchandra Guha’s book ‘The Commonwealth of Cricket’
- Ramchandra Guha’s latest book ‘The Commonwealth of Cricket’ would be launching virtually in the Tata Literature Live (The Mumbai Lit fest) this month.
- His latest book juxtaposes his life with his abiding love for the game & this conversation could not come at a better time with India and Australia in the midst of an enthralling test series.
♦Former minister & businessman Kamal Morarka passed away at age of 74
- Former Union minister and noted businessman Kamal Morarka died here after a brief illness. He was 74.
- Morarka was a Union minister in the Chandra Shekhar government in 1990-91 and a Rajya Sabha member from Rajasthan from Janata Dal (Secular) during 1988-94. Morarka had a keen interest in sports and served as vice-president of the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) and vice-president of the Rajasthan Cricket Association.
Recommended PDF’s for 2021:
- Computer Capsule 2021 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2021
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2021 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|