Daily GK Update 18 Nov 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020 :
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2020. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦First Solar Powered Textile mill in Asia to come up in Parbhani district, Maharashtra
- The chairman of Jai Bhawani Women cooperative textile mill announced that the mill will soon operate on solar power.
- With this, the mill will become the first Solar Power enabled textile mill in Asia. The mill is located in Parbhani district of Maharashtra.
International (Current Affairs)
♦In a first, WHO commits to eliminate cervical cancer globally by 2030
- For the first time, 194 countries, including India, have committed to eliminating the cancer following adoption of a resolution at this year’s World Health Assembly.
- These were the projections of the World Health Organisation’s (WHO) Global Strategy to Accelerate the Elimination of Cervical Cancer, launched November 17, 2020 on the close of the 73rd World Health Assembly.
- Cervical cancer is the fourth-most common cancer among women globally. The fight against the cancer, however, has become challenging in the backdrop of the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic, which has eliminated focus from other diseases and interrupted vaccination, screening and treatment services.
The programme aims to complete the following targets by 2030 globally:
- 90 per cent girls fully vaccinated with the Human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccine by 15 years of age
- 70 per cent women screened using a high-performance test by 35 years and again by 45 years
- 90 per cent of women identified with cervical disease receive treatment (90 per cent of women with pre-cancer treated and 90 per cent of women with invasive cancer managed).
Upcoming Government Scheme Project Targets Agendas List
- To Eliminate TB-2025
- Housing for All-2022
- Doubling Farmers income-2022
- To generate solar Power (500GW)-2030
- Har Ghar Jal-2024
- Utkarsh (Road Plan by RBI)-2022
- Clean Drinking water to all by-2024
- Achieve zero road accident fatalities: 2030
♦UK Government first sponsors for 2021 UN Climate Change Conference
- The UK government on 17th Nov announced the first principal partners for the UN climate conference, COP26, scheduled for November 1-12, 2021 in Glasgow.
- UN climate conferences are held annually to bring together the parties to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change for discussion on pressing climate issues.
- It was originally scheduled for November this year but had to be postponed due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The conference is hosted by the UK in partnership with Italy.
♦Maia Sandu Becomes Moldova’s First-Ever Woman President
- Moldova has elected the country’s first-ever woman President, with former Prime Minister Maia Sandu overwhelmingly claiming 57.7% of the popular vote on 17th Nov.
- “By becoming the first Moldovan female President.
Note: About Moldova
- Capital: Chișinău
- Currency: Moldovan leu
♦Chapare Virus: Human to Human Transmission discovered in Bolivia
- The researchers from the United States Centre for Disease Control and Prevention have discovered that the Chapare Virus is capable of human to human transmission. Bolivia is currently facing an outbreak of the virus. Just like the Ebola virus, the Chapare virus is capable of causing haemorrhagic fever.
- The Chapare virus was discovered first in 2004 in Bolivia. The virus then disappeared the same year (2004). However, in 2019, at least five people were again infected with Chapare virus. During the 2019 outbreak, the virus was found in samples of bodily fluids.
There have been five global health emergencies since 2005, when the declaration was formalised –
- Swine flu in 2009
- Polio in 2014
- Ebola in 2014
- Zika in 2016
- Covid 19 in 2019
Banking & Financial
♦HDFC Bank launches Mooh Band Rakho campaign to create awareness on cyber frauds
- HDFC Bank on 17th Nov announced the launch of Mooh Band Rakho, a campaign to increase awareness on cyber frauds and preventing them.
- “Following simple steps such as not sharing card details, CVV, expiry date, OTP, net banking/ mobile banking, login ID & password over phone, SMS, email and social media can help general public keep their money safe.
- The bank supports the International Fraud Awareness Week 2020, the global movement to minimise impact of fraud which is being held from November 15-21.
List of latest Campaign
- ‘Bohot Zaroori Hai’ Campaign: Bharti AXA General Insurance
- ‘Surakshit Dada-Dadi & Nana-Nani’ Campaign: Niti Aayog
- ‘Break the Chain Mass’ Campaign: Kerala
- ‘Namaste Over Handahake’ Campaign: Karnataka
- ‘Kona Kona Umeed’ Campaign: Kotak Mahindra Bank
- ‘DIGITAL APNAYEN’: PNB
- ‘RBI Kehta Hai’: RBI
♦Withdrawal from Lakshmi Vilas Bank capped at Rs 25,000 till Dec 16, to be merged with DBS India
- RBI on 18th Nov announced that The Lakshmi Vilas Bank has been placed under moratorium by the Union Ministry of Finance till December 16 of this year. This decision by the Ministry of Finance at the request of the Reserve Bank of India was prompted by a “steady decline” in the Lakshmi Vilas Bank’s financial position over the last three years.
- With the moratorium in force effective immediately, withdrawals for customers of the privately-owned Lakshmi Vilas Bank have been restricted to no more than Rs 25,000 for now.
♦FIFA cancels U-17 Women World Cup in India
- FIFA (Federation Internationale de Football Association) cancelled the Women Under-17 world cup due to COVID-19 pandemic. It has been postponed to 2021. The 2020 FIFA Women Under-17 World Cup was to be held in India.
- Both Under-17 and Under-20 women’s World cup were to be held in India. This has been cancelled and the country has been awarded to host the 2022 cup. FIFA announced that Costa Rica will host the FIFA Under-20 Women’s World Cup 2022 and India will host FIFA Under-17 Women’s World Cup 2022.
Upcoming Sports Event:
- ICC Women’s U-19 World Cup: 2021- Bangladesh
- ICC Women’s T20 World Cup: 2022 – South Africa
- Hockey Women’s World Cup: 2022 -pain and Netherland
- Badminton World Championship: 2021 – Spain
♦Dominic Thiem Beats Rafael Nadal At ATP Finals 2020
- Dominic Thiem oozed class on 18th Nov as he dealt with 20-time Grand Slam champion Rafael Nadal in the ATP Finals 2020. The clash saw the reigning US Open and French Open winners lock horns with an eye on making the last four of the year-end finals.
- The 26-year-old Austrian mastered the tiebreaks once again as he registered a 7-6(7) 7-6 (4) straight-sets win over the Spanish ace.
♦18th November: International Students’ Day
- The International Students’ Day is celebrated every year to focus on availing education for all students. The day aims to ensure that every student has access to education around the globe.
- The date of November 17th was chosen to be commemorated as the International Students’ Day due to the events that took place in Prague during World War II.
Recommended for RBI Assistant & SBI Clerk Mains
- Computer Capsule for RBI Assistant Mains 2020 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2020
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|