Daily GK Update, 19 June 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2020. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦PM Modi launches auction of coal mines for commercial mining
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 18th June launched the auction coal mines for commercial mining via video conference.
- Addressing the event, PM Modi said India has taken the big decision to fully open the coal and mining sector for competition, capital, participation, and technology.
- PM Modi said a major step has been taken today to make India self reliant in the Energy sector. He said the government is not only launching an auction for commercial coal mining, but also taking the coal sector out of decades of lockdown.
- He said allowing the private sector in commercial coal mining is unlocking resources of a nation with the world’s fourth largest reserves. He added that the sector was excluded from competition and transparency was a big problem.
International (Current Affairs)
♦Kubatbek Boronov Appointed Acting Prime Minister of Kyrgyzstan
- Kyrgyzstan’s ruling coalition nominated Kubatbek Boronov for prime minister on 16th June, virtually ensuring he would get the post after his predecessor resigned due to a corruption probe against former Cabinet officials.
- Boronov, 55, served as the first deputy prime minister in the previous Cabinet and worked as the Central Asian nation’s minister of emergency situations in the past.
- Former Prime Minister Mukhammedkalyi Abylgaziev resigned on 14th June.
Note: About Kyrgyzstan
- Capital: Bishkek
- Currency: Kyrgyzstani som
- Country in Central Asia
♦India To Send 75-Member Tri-Service Contingent To World War II Victory Parade In Moscow
- India will send a contingent of 75 personnel from its three armed forces to Moscow to participate in Russia’s 75th World War II Victory Day parade on June 24.
- “On the occasion of the 75th anniversary of the victory in the Second World War, there will be a military parade in Moscow to honour the heroism and sacrifices made by the Russian and other friendly people.
Banking & Financial
♦Maruti partners with Karur Vysya Bank for flexible financing schemes
- Car market leader Maruti Suzuki India (MSI) on 16th June announced it has partnered with Karur Vysya Bank to offer simpler and flexible financing schemes for new customers.
- Through the partnership with the bank, the company is seeking to offer prospective buyers special scheme of up to 100 per cent on road funding with six months holiday period on all models, except van EECO), loans for both salaried and self-employed customers and repayment period up to 84 months.
- This partnership with Maruti Suzuki is an important way to offer consumers convenience and cost-effectiveness at the same time. Karur Vysya Bank offers customers in-principle loan sanction in 15 minutes and existing customer of the bank can get their loans disbursed on the same day with the entire process from application to disbursement of the loan being digitalised with no manual intervention.
♦France to provide loan of 200 million euros to India to support Delhi’s Covid response
- France and India on 18th June signed an agreement with Paris committing 200 million euros to support Delhi’s Covid response.
- Through this loan, France will work with India to increase the state and central governments’ capacities to support the country’s most vulnerable people in the wake of the COVID-19 crisis.
Note: About France
- President: Emmanuel Macron
- Capital: Paris
- Currency: Euro
♦Turkey’s Volkan Bozkir elected president of 75th UN General Assembly
- The UN General Assembly on 17th June elected Turkish diplomat Volkan Bozkir to be its president ahead of the 75th General Debate in September.
- In a secret ballot vote Bozkir, who was unopposed for the post, received 178 ballots in support as 11 nations abstained, Anadolu Agency reported.
- Bozkir is currently serving as a Justice and Development (AK) Party lawmaker from Istanbul and head of the Turkish Parliament’s Foreign Affairs Committee.
Note: About UN
- Headquarters: New York, United States
- Founded: 24 October 1945
♦Former RBI Governor Urjit Patel to take over as chairman of NIPFP
- “National Institute of Public Finance and Policy is privileged to have Dr Urjit Patel, former Reserve Bank Governor, as its Chairperson for a four-year term commencing June 22, 2020.
- Patel will replace Vijay Kelkar, who assumed office on November 1, 2014.
♦Ex-Supreme Court judge DK Jain gets one-year extension as BCCI Ethics Officer and Ombudsman
- Former Supreme Court judge DK Jain has been given a one-year extension by the Board of Control for Cricket India (BCCI) to serve as BCCI’s Ethics Officer and Ombudsman.
- He was initially appointed by the Supreme Court in February 2019 as BCCI’s Ombudsman and later on handed the role of Ethics Officer. Jain’s term had ended in the last week of February.
♦19th June: World Sauntering Day 2020
- The word ‘saunter’ means to walk slowly in a relaxed manner and every year on June 19, the day is observed so that we slowdown from our hectic schedule and smell the proverbial roses as we walk along.
Revision June Important Day
- 1 June- World Milk Day & Global Day of Parents
- 2 June- International Sex Workers Day & Telangana Formation Day
- 3 June- World Bicycle Day
- 4 June- International Day of Innocent Children Victims of Aggression
- 5 June- World Environment Day-
- 7 June- World Food Safety Day
- 8 June-World Brain Tumor Day & World Oceans Day
- 12 June- World Day Against Child Labour
- 14 June- World Blood Donor Day
- 15 June- World Wind Day & World Elder Abuse Awareness Day
♦Karnataka Observes Mask Day on 18th June 2020
- Karnataka observe on 18th June as ‘Mask Day’ to create awareness in the masses about the importance of wearing one amid the Covid pandemic.
- The civic body is already raising awareness about the infection through announcements and pamphlets. BBMP marshals and staff are sharing pamphlets to pedestrians and motorists about Covid precautions, wearing a mask and not spitting in the public.
Note: About Karnataka
- Chief minister: B. S. Yediyurappa
- Capital: Bengaluru
- Governor: Vajubhai Vala
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION (DI) 2020 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here