Daily GK Update: 19 March 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK & Current affairs. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Govt sanctioned Rs 20,466.94 cr loans under Stand Up India Scheme till March 2020
- The government has sanctioned a loan of Rs 20,466.94 crores to over 91,000 accounts till March 2020, said Union Minister of State for Finance and Corporate Affairs, Anurag Singh Thakur.
- ”Rs 20,466.94 crores of loans have been sanctioned under Stand up India Scheme to over 91,000 accounts upto 10.03.2020 since inception of the Scheme.
- Launched on April 5th, 2016, the Scheme facilitates bank loans between Rs 10 lakh and Rs 1 crore to at least one Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe borrower and at least one woman borrower, per bank branch of Scheduled Commercial Banks (SCBs), for setting up greenfield enterprises in the manufacturing, services or the trading sectors.
International (Current Affairs)
♦7th World Cities Summit 2020 to be held in Singapore from July 5 to 9
- World Cities Summit (WCS) is an exclusive platform for government leaders and industry experts to address liveable and sustainable city challenges, share integrated urban solutions and forge new partnerships.
- Jointly organised by Singapore’s Centre for Liveable Cities (CLC) and the Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA), key highlights of the Summit include the WCS Mayors Forum, the Lee Kuan Yew World City Prize and the WCS Young Leaders Symposium.
- The next edition of the World Cities Summit will be held in conjunction with the Singapore International Water Week and the CleanEnviro Summit Singapore from 5–9 July 2020 in Singapore at the Sands Expo & Convention Cenre, Marina Bay Sands, in Singapore.
- The Singapore government has invited Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath for the World Cities Summit – 2020 (WCS).
Note- List of recent Summit
- National Water Conference-Madhya Pradesh capital Bhopal
- Global meet on climate change, ocean health-Kerala
- National Horticulture Fair 2020-Bengaluru
- COP26- UK
- 2020 Global Investors Summit- J&K
♦ADB announces USD 6.5 bn package for developing member countries for Covid-19
- The Asian Development Bank (ADB) on 18th March announced a USD 6.5 billion package for its developing member countries to fight the coronavirus pandemic.
- The initial package has been announced to address the immediate needs of developing member countries (DMCs) as they respond to the Covid-19 pandemic.
Note: About ADB
- Headquarters: Mandaluyong, Philippines
- President: Masatsugu Asakawa
- Membership: 68 countries
- Founded: 19 December 1966
Banking and Financial
♦The RBI has decided to regulate payment aggregators
- The RBI has decided to regulate payment aggregators and provide baseline technology-related recommendations to payment gateways, keeping in mind the “important function these intermediaries play in facilitating payments in the online space”.
- RBI has reduced the capital requirements for payment aggregators to ₹15 crore from ₹100 crore proposed earlier.
- “Payment aggregators existing as on the date of this circular shall achieve a net-worth of ₹15 crore by March 31, 2021 and a net-worth of ₹25 crore by the end of third financial year, i.e., on or before March 31, 2023. The net-worth of ₹25 crore shall be maintained at all times thereafter,” RBI release added.
- It also stated that new PAs need to maintain a minimum net-worth of ₹15 crore at the time of application for authorisation and thereafter attain a net-worth of ₹25 crore by the end of third financial year of grant of authorisation. “The net-worth of ₹25 crore shall be maintained at all times thereafter,” it added.
♦SC rules in favour of permanent commission for women officers in Navy
- The Supreme Court (SC) on 17th March ruled in favour of permanent commission to female officers in the Indian Navy and asked the government to treat men and women equally in the armed forces.
- The apex court bench headed by Justice D.Y. Chandrachud scrapped the statutory bar on giving permanent commission to women and said that the government cannot discriminate against women. “They (women) can sail with same efficiency as male officers,” said the bench also comprising Justice Ajay Rastogi.
Book and Author
♦“My Encounters in Parliament” authored by Bhalchandra Mungekar released
- Former Vice-President of India Hamid Ansari launched the book authored by Bhalchandra Mungekar, which was titled as “My Encounters in Parliament”.
- The event was attended by NCP chief Sharad Pawar, CPI general secretary D Raja and CPI(M) general secretary Sitaram Yechury.
♦March 18: Global Recycling Day 2020
- March 18 is observed around the world as the Global Recycling Day. Global Recycling Day, according to Bureau of International Recycling (BIR) is a day of action, aimed at building a global approach towards recycling.
- Theme 2020-#RecyclingHeroes
Note: List of March’s Important Day
- 1st March-World civil defence day
- 3rd March-World Hearing Day
- 3rd March-World Wildlife Day
- 8th March-International Women’s Day
- 15th March-World Consumer Rights Day
Click here to Attempt 18th March 2020 Current Affairs Quiz
Most important PDF’s for Bank, SSC, Railway and Other Government Exam : Download PDF Now
Recommended for RBI Assistant & SBI Clerk Mains
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION (DI) 2020 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|
- WhatsApp Group Join here
- Telegram Group:- Click Here
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here