Daily GK Update: 19 May 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & Current affairs 2020. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Madhya Pradesh launches Charan Paduka initiative for migrant labourers
- In Madhya Pradesh, in a first of its kind of initiative, Charan Paduka (चरण पादुका) campaign has been started for the migrant labourers passing through the state. Under this campaign, the migrant labourers going barefoot are being providing shoes and slippers to reduce their pain.
- The most notable thing is that this campaign is being conducted by the police at most places.
- The Charan Paduka campaign started from the Rau Police Station of Indore. Police station in-charge Dinesh Verma said that this initiative is getting full support of public.
Note: About MP
- Capital: Bhopal
- Chief minister: Shivraj Singh Chouhan
- Governor: Lalji Tandon
♦Cyclone Amphan intensifies into ‘extremely severe storm’; Odisha, Bengal on alert
- Cyclone storm Amphan over central parts of South Bay of Bengal intensified into an extremely severe cyclonic storm, the Indian Meteorological Department (IMD) said on 18th May.
- With the cyclonic storm intensifying in the last few hours, there is likelihood of heavy rainfall coupled with high-velocity winds in coastal districts of Odisha and parts of West Bengal.
- A cyclone alert for West Bengal and north Odisha coasts has been issued by the IMD. Cycle Amphan is expected to cross the coasts of West Bengal and Bangladesh on May 20.
List of Cyclone/ Typhoon (Recently 2019-20)
- Cyclone Maha: The Cyclone Maha in the Arabian Sea has crossed Lakshadweep.
- Cyclonic storm ‘Bulbul’: Bangladesh and West Bengal
- Cyclone Kyaar: South Gujarat, Saurashtra (cyclonic storm “Kyaar” hovering over the Arabian Sea.)
- Cyclone Tino: Fiji
- Cyclone Sarai: Fiji
- Typhoon Kammuri: Philippines
- Typhoon Phanfone: Philippines
- Typhoon Faxai: Tokyo, Japan
- Typhoon hagibis: Japan
♦MOHUA announces results of Star rating of garbage free cities
- Shri Hardeep S, Puri, Minister of State (I/C) for Housing and Urban Affairs, hs informed that for the assessment year 2019-2020, a total of six cities have been certified as 5-Star (Ambikapur, Rajkot, Surat, Mysuru, Indore and Navi Mumbai), 65 cities as 3-Star and 70 cities as 1-Star. While announcing the results of the Star Rating of Garbage Free Cities on 19th May.
International (Current Affairs)
♦World Health Assembly (WHA) being held virtually in Geneva on May 18 to 19
- The two-day 2020 assembly will be held virtually – it usually happens in Geneva – because of the ongoing Covid-19 crisis around the world.
- This year’s assembly, the 73rd WHA, will be dedicated almost entirely to strengthening global coordination against the Covid-19 pandemic, which has infected more than 4.7 million people and killed 315,000.
- The World Health Assembly is the key decision-making body of the World Health Organization, attended by representatives of the United Nation’s 194 member states.
World Health Assembly
- Founded: 1988
- Headquarters location: Geneva, Switzerland
- Current Members: 194
♦China announces USD 2 billion in coronavirus help at WHO assembly
- China will provide USD 2 billion over two years to fight the coronavirus pandemic, President Xi Jinping said on 18th May, rallying around the World Health Organization and its efforts even as the Trump administration has slashed funding for the UN health agency.
- The European Union’s 27-member bloc and other countries, meanwhile, called for an independent evaluation of WHO’s initial response to the coronavirus pandemic “to review experience gained and lessons learned”.
Banking and Financial
Nine NBFCs surrender certificate of registration
- Nine NBFCs, including Reliance Net and Nischaya Finvest Private Limited, have surrendered their certificate of registration, the Reserve Bank of India said on 19th May. Penrose Mercantiles Ltd, Manohar Finance India Ltd, Chandelier Tracon Pvt Ltd, and Sanghi Hire Purchase Ltd are among the NBFCs which have surrendered their certificates.
- The certificate of registration is granted by the RBI. With surrendering the certificates, the companies cannot transact the business of a non-banking financial institution.
- In another statement, the central bank said it has cancelled the certificate of registration of 14 non-banking financial companies (NBFCs).
- Reliance Net and Nischaya Finvest Private Limited, Primus Capital Private Limited (Formerly known as Rapid Growth Capital Services Private Limited), Bharat Finance and Industries Limited, Signature Finance Private Limited, Dee Bee Leasing and Hire Purchase Pvt Ltd, Jindal Finlease Pvt Ltd, and B L S Investments Pvt Ltd
♦Govt implements Shekatkar Committee recommendations related to creating border infrastructure
- Government has accepted and implemented three important recommendations of Committee of Experts (CoE) under the Chairmanship of Lt General D B Shekatkar (Retd) relating to border Infrastructure. These were related to speeding up road construction, leading to socio economic development in the border areas.
- On the matter related to creating border infrastructure, the Government has implemented recommendation of CoE to outsource road construction work beyond optimal capacity of Border Roads Organisation (BRO). It has been made mandatory to adopt Engineering Procurement Contract (EPC) mode for execution of all works costing more than Rs 100 crore.
♦Rajesh Goel appointed as director general of NAREDCO
- Realtors body National Real Estate Development Council (NAREDCO) has appointed Rajesh Goel as director general (DG) of the association.
- Earlier, Rajesh Goel was serving as the chairman and managing director, Hindustan Prefab Ltd, NAREDCO. Rajesh Goel is a professional with over 37 years of experience in leading PSUs under the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs, superannuated in November 2019 as the chairman and managing director of Hindustan Prefab Ltd.
- NAREDCO and CREDAI are the two major associations of real estate developers across the country.
Note: About NAREDCO
- Founded: 1998
- Parent organization: Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs
- Headquarters: New Delhi
♦Anil Kumble-led ICC Cricket Committee recommends ban on usage of saliva
- The International Cricket Council’s (ICC) Cricket Committee has recommended banning on the use of saliva to shine the ball. The practice meant for swing bowling is now primarily held as health risk due to the threats of COVID-19 and protect the safety of players and match officials. This committee is chaired by former India leg-spinner Anil Kumble.
- During a meeting over a video conference, the committee also pushed for bringing back two non-neutral umpires (both from the host nation) for all internationals matches, as DRS ensures more accurate decision making. This was also recommended to curb travel.
♦Researchers found a new species fungi named “Troglomyces twitteri”
- Researchers from the University of Copenhagen’s Natural History Museum of Denmark discover new species of parasitic fungus via Twitter. The newly discovered fungus was named “Troglomyces twitteri“, after Twitter.
- The discovery was made by the biologist and associate professor Ana Sofia Reboleira of the National Natural History Museum.
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION (DI) 2020 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here