Table of Contents
Daily GK Update 19 , 20 Dec 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020 :
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2020. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦India’s foreign ministry to launch economic diplomacy portal
- India’ Foreign Ministry will launch a website on Economic Diplomacy on 17th Dec to provide a vast repository of resources on economic opportunities and news and facilitate two-way economic engagement.
- Foreign Minister S. Jaishankar will launch MEA’s website on Economic Diplomacy http://www.indbiz.gov.in to showcase India’s economic, sectoral, and State-wise strengths that make for an attractive economic partnership. The website is being developed and managed by the Economic Diplomacy Division of the Ministry of External Affairs.
- Aims: It aims to provide critical and relevant information on major economic indicators, central and state government policy updates as well as the latest business news and trade data.
♦MoU between India-Austria Cooperation in Road Infrastructure sector
- A Memorandum of Understanding was signed between India and Austria on Technology Cooperation in Road Infrastructure Sector in New Delhi.
- The MoU seeks to create a framework for the countries’ mutual cooperation in the field of Road Transportation, Road/Highways infrastructure development, management and administration, road safety and intelligent transport systems. This is to enhance trade and regional integration between the two countries.
Note: About Austria
- Capital: Vienna
- Currency: Euro
Banking & Financial
♦ADB, India sign $300 million loan to upgrade power distribution network in Uttar Pradesh
- The Asian Development Bank (ADB) and the Government of India signed a $300 million loan to upgrade rural power distribution networks to provide reliable electricity supply to consumers in the state of Uttar Pradesh.
- Upgrading the distribution network will help improve the quality and reliability of electricity supply, reduce the aggregate technical and commercial (ATC) losses and restore the financial sustainability of the rural electricity supply in the state of Uttar Pradesh.
List of Loan approved by ADB 2020
- $177 million-To upgrade 450 kilometers (km) of state highways Maharashtra
- $346 million-Provide reliable power connection in rural areas of Maharashtra.
- $USD 1.5 billion-Help fund its fight against coronavirus pandemic.
- $60 million-Aavas Financiers Ltd, to improve access to housing finance for lower-income borrowers, particularly women.
- $1 billion- loan for construction of Delhi-Meerut RRTS
- $100 million-Indian infrastructure sector through the government-promoted NIIF.
- $300 million– Develop Rajasthan’s towns
- $270 million– Madhya Pradesh Urban Services Improvement Project
- $50 million -Improve resource planning in West Bengal
- $190 million – Modernisation and upgradation of power distribution system in Karnataka’s capital city of Bengaluru.
- $300 million – Primary health care in urban areas
♦GoI and ADB sign 4.21 million dollar PRF facility for Tripura
- The Government of India and the Asian Development Bank (ADB) have signed a US $4.21 million project readiness financing (PRF) facility for the preparation of infrastructure development projects to improve urban amenities and develop tourism infrastructure in Tripura.
- This is ADB’s first PRF facility for a state in the northeastern region of India.
♦Filmfare OTT awards 2020
- The first ever Filmfare Awards for OTT platforms were given out on 19th Dec. This is the first edition of Filmfare OTT awards as this year streaming services came to their own due to complete shutdown of film production and closure of theatres because of the coronavirus pandemic.
Complete List of Awards
- Best Series: Paatal Lok
- Best Director (Series): Avinash Arun and Prosit Roy (Paatal Lok)
- Best Series (Critics): The Family Man
- Best Director (Critics): Krishna DK and Raj Nidimoru (The Family Man)
- Best Actor in a Drama Series (Male): Jaideep Ahlawat (Paatal Lok)
- Best Actor in a Drama Series (Female): Sushmita Sen (Aarya)
- Best Actor in a Drama Series (Critics): Manoj Bajpayee (The Family Man)
- Best Actress in a Drama Series (Critics): Priyamani (The Family Man)
- Best Actor in a Comedy Series (Male): Jitendra Kumar (Panchayat)
- Best Comedy (Series/Specials): Panchayat
- Best Film (Web Original): Raat Akeli Hai
♦Ratan Tata to be honoured with ‘Global Visionary of Sustainable Business and Peace’ award
- Veteran industrialist, Ratan Tata will be honoured by the Indo-Israel Chambers of Commerce for promoting innovation that supports sustainability and peace in the region, including with the Palestinians.
- The chairman emeritus of the Tata group will be honoured with ‘Global Visionary of Sustainable Business and Peace’ award during the launch of the Federation of Indo-Israel Chamber of Commerce’s international chapter in Dubai on December 21.
♦India’s Vidyut Mohan named among ‘Young Champions of the Earth’ by UNEP
- A 29-year-old Indian entrepreneur is among the seven winners of the prestigious “Young Champions of the Earth” 2020 prize given by the UN environment agency to global change-makers using innovative ideas and ambitious action to help solve some of the world’s most pressing environmental challenges.
- Vidyut Mohan, an engineer, is the co-founder of “Takachar”, a social enterprise enabling farmers to prevent open burning of their waste farm residues and earn extra income by converting them into value-added chemicals like activated carbon on-site.
- Africa: Nzambi Matee (Kenya, 29), a materials engineer and head of Gjenge Makers, which produces sustainable low-cost construction materials made of recycled plastic waste and sand.
- Asia and the Pacific: Xiaoyuan Ren (China, 29) leads MyH2O, a data platform that tests and records the quality of groundwater across a thousand villages in rural China into an app so residents know where to find clean water. The platform also educates communities about sources of contamination and connects villages with potable water companies.
- Europe: Lefteris Arapakis (Greece, 26 years) founded the start-up Enaleia, through which the team trains, empowers and incentivises the local fishing community to collect plastic from the sea, allowing both fish stocks and the ecosystem to recover. Enaleia is also prototyping recycling the plastic into fashion merchandise like socks and swimsuits.
- Latin America and the Caribbean: Max Hidalgo Quinto (Peru, 30) founded Yawa, building portable wind turbines that harvest up to 300 litres of water per day from atmospheric humidity and mist.
- North America: Niria Alicia Garcia (USA, 28), coordinates – alongside a community of indigenous activists – the annual Run 4 Salmon event using virtual reality to bring to life the historical journey of the Sacramento chinook salmon along California’s largest watershed, raising awareness of this invaluable ecosystem, the species and people it supports.
- West Asia: Fatemah Alzelzela (Kuwait, 24) started Eco Star, a non-profit recycling initiative that exchanges trees and plants for waste from homes, schools and businesses in Kuwait. Since launching in early 2019, Eco Star has recycled over 130 tonnes of metal, paper and plastic.
♦Pakistani Mohammad Amir retires from international cricket
- Pakistan fast bowler Mohammad Amir has retired from international cricket, the PCB has confirmed. Amir represented Pakistan in 36 Tests, 61 ODIs and 50 T20Is, and recently played in the inaugural Lanka Premier League for runners-up Galle Gladiators.
- “I am leaving cricket for now because I’m being mentally tortured said Amir.
♦December 18- World Arabic Language Day
- December 18 is celebrated as the World Arabic Language Day. The Arabic language is considered to be one of the oldest and the most widely spoken in the world. Right from the countries in the Middle East to many in North Africa, Arabic is the mother tongue.
- Theme 2020: ‘Arabic Language Academies: Necessity or Luxury?’
Note: Different Language day
- Arabic-December 18,
- English-April 23,
- Chinese-April 20,
- French-March 20,
- Russia-June 6,
- World Hindi day- 10 January
♦December 19: Goa Liberation Day
- Every year, the Goa Liberation day is celebrated on December 19 in India. The day is celebrated to mark the victory of Indian armed forces to free Goa from 450 years of the Portuguese rule. The Portuguese colonized several parts of India in 1510. However, by the end of 19th century their colonies were limited to Daman, Dadra, Goa, Diu, Nagar Haveli.
- On December 18, 1961, India launched a 36-hour military operation called Operation Vijay. The operation involved attacks by Indian Army, Indian Air Force and Indian Navy. India reclaimed the Goan territories on December 19, 1961.
♦20th December – International Human Solidarity Day
- International Human Solidarity Day is commemorated each year on the 20th of December, with the aim to celebrate our unity in diversity and promote debate on ways to act together for building a sustainable future for all.
- The Day also aims to remind governments to fulfil their international commitments.
Book & Author
♦Kareena Kapoor Khan announces her new book ‘Pregnancy Bible
- Actor Kareena Kapoor Khan is all set to pen her first book, titled Kareena Kapoor Khan’s Pregnancy Bible. It will be a comprehensive guide to pregnancy and will be published next year.
- Kareena shared the news on her son Taimur Ali Khan’s fourth birthday on 20 December.
Recommended for RBI Assistant & SBI Clerk Mains
- Computer Capsule for RBI Assistant Mains 2020 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2020
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|