Daily GK Update: 19th and 20 February 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK & Current affairs. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
International (Current Affairs)
♦S Jaishankar inaugurates Indian pavilion at Berlin International Film Festival
- External Affairs Minister Dr S. Jaishankar inaugurated the India Pavilion at the Berlin International Film Festival (Berlinale) 2020.
- During the inaugural ceremony Dr Jaishankar said that the medium of cinema has potential to build collaboration and partnerships between India and the world. Co-production agreements, the Film Facilitation Office (FFO),and India’s premier Film Festival – IFFI – have showcased India as an emerging market and a filming destination. It has opened opportunities for excellence in different aspects of film making.
National (Current Affairs)
♦India to switch to world’s cleanest petrol, diesel from Apr 1
- India will switch to the world’s cleanest petrol and diesel from April 1 as it leapfrogs straight to Euro-VI emission compliant fuels from Euro-IV grades now – a feat achieved in just three years and not seen in any of the large economies around the globe.
- India will join the select league of nations using petrol and diesel containing just 10 parts per million of sulphur as it looks to cut vehicular emissions that are said to be one of the reasons for the choking pollution in major cities.
♦Ganga Kayak Festival organised in Uttarakhand
- The eighth edition of Ganga Kayak Festival was inaugurated by MLA Vinod Kandari in Devprayag on 17th February til 19th
- The festival is jointly organized with Uttarakhand Tourism Development Council and The Adventure Sports Society is witnessing participation of 45 male and 6 women athletes from Russia, Australia and Nepal.
Note: List of Uttarakhand Festival
- Bhaitauli and also Harela
- Nanda Devi Fair
- Uttarayani Festival
♦India, Myanmar signed MoU for bus services from Mandalay-Imphal
- India and Myanmar signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) for the commencement of a bus service between the two countries from April 2020. The information was provided by Chief Minister of Manipur N Biren Singh.
- Aim: The opening of bus service between India and Myanmar aims to promote tourism and visits between people of the two cities.
Note: About Myanmar
- Capital: Naypyitaw
- Currency: Burmese kyat
- President: Win Myint
♦India And Norway To Develop New Framework For Integrated Ocean Management and Research
- India and Norway have decided to strengthen partnership on blue economy. India’s Minister for Earth Sciences, Harsh Vardhan, and Norway’s Minister for Climate and Environment, Sveinung Rotevatn, opened the India-Norway Task Force on Blue Economy for Sustainable Development.
- The two countries also commenced a new collaboration on Integrated Ocean Management & Research.
Note: About Norway
- Capital: Oslo
- Currency: Norwegian krone
♦Hindi is 3rd most spoken language in the world after English, Mandarin
- Hindi is the 3rd most spoken language of the world in 2019 with 615 million speakers. The 22nd edition of the world language database Ethnologue stated English at the top of the list with 1,132 million speakers. Chines Mandarin is at the second position with 1,117 million speakers.
- Bangla has been ranked as the 7th most spoken language of the world. Bangla has 228 million native speakers.
- Ethnologue brings out an yearly database of living languages of the world since its establishment in 1951.
Note: The current round of the database covers 7,111 living languages of the world.
Banking and Financial
♦HDFC Bank, Mastercard, SAP Concur join hands to manage spending in corporate sector
- HDFC Bank, Mastercard and SAP Concur have joined hands for spending management services for the corporate sector.
- HDFC Bank will offer a corporate credit card for business travellers, providing a one-stop solution for payment and expense management during business trips.
- Benefit: “The corporate credit card will enable seamless integration of all business-related spend into SAP Concur offerings, enhancing employee experience, increasing visibility, saving money, and improving corporate efficiency.
♦Gujarat govt partners with SBI to facilitate MSME loans
- The Gujarat government on 18th February signed an MoU with State Bank of India (SBI) to facilitate approval of loans to entrepreneurs in the MSME sector with ease and within a short time-frame.
- Aim: As per the MoU, the top public sector lender will provide working capital to entrepreneurs seeking to start new micro, small and medium enterprises (MSME) within a short time -frame after providing theoretical approval within 15 days of making an application.
♦PM-led panel names President’s secy Sanjay Kothari as next CVC, ex-IAS officer Bimal Julka to be CIC
- Sanjay Kothari, the Secretary to the President, has been selected as the new Central Vigilance Commissioner by a high-powered committee headed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- The committee has also chosen former Information and Broadcasting Secretary Bimal Julka, currently serving as an Information Commissioner, as the new Chief Information Commissioner in the Central Information Commission.
♦India to host AFC Women’s Asian Cup in 2022
- The Women’s Committee of the Asian Football Confederation on 18th February awarded the hosting rights of the AFC Women’s Asian Cup 2022 to India with the aim of promoting women’s football.
- India also hosted the AFC U-16 Championships in 2016 and the FIFA U-17 World Cup in 2017, and the committee agreed the country could continue raising the standards of the AFC Women’s Asian Cup.
Note: List of Upcoming Game
- T-20 women World Cup -Australia
- 31th Southeast Asian Games -Vietnam (Hanoi)
- 12th Cricket World Cup (Women) -New Zealand
- 22th FIFA (Men) World Cup football -Qatar (Doha)
- Women’s FIFA U-17 -2020– India
♦FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup India 2020
- The stage is set for the future stars of women’s football as the match schedule and host cities for the FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup India 2020 were unveiled by FIFA and the Local Organising Committee (LOC).
- Official Slogan – Kick Off The Dream
♦20th February: World Day of Social Justice
- This is the day to raise voice against social injustice and to remove barriers regarding gender, race, inequality, religious discrimination, etc. It also highlights the social injustice done throughout the world and to look into the solutions and improvements.
- Theme: “Closing the Inequalities Gap to Achieve Social Justice”
Note: List of Important Day (February)
- 2nd February-World Wetlands Day
- 4th February-World Cancer Day
- 6 February – International Day of Zero Tolerance for Female Genital Mutilation (FGM)
- 10th February– World Pulses Day
- 11th February– International Day of Women and Girls in Science
- 13th February – “World Radio Day”
Book and Author
♦Prakash Javadekar releases reference annuals ‘Bharat 2020’ & ‘India 2020’
- Information and Broadcasting Minister Prakash Javadekar released the Reference Annual, India 2020 and Bharat 2020 in New Delhi. E-version of the year books were also released on this occasion.
♦Veteran Kannada actor Kishori Ballal passes away
- Veteran Kannada actor Kishori Ballal, who had acted in over 75 movies and left an indelible mark with her role in Shah Rukh Khan-starrer Swades, died on 18th February at the age of 82.
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|
- WhatsApp Group Join here
- Telegram Group:- Click Here
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here