Daily GK Update 19 Oct 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2020. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦India joins hands with the Netherlands for its e-health initiative
- India and the Netherlands on 16th October unveiled plans for a joint thrust in the e-health sector, with the aim of providing digital health facilities and security to every Indian.
- Part of India’s ambitious National Digital Health Mission (NDHM), this cooperative initiative will see the two countries work closely to create capacities and put in place the requisite technology backbone to enable this revolutionary initiative.
Note: About Netherlands
- Capital: Amsterdam
- Currency: Euro
♦Agriculture Minister launches AYUSHMAN SAHAKAR scheme
- The Union Agriculture Minister Narendra Singh Tomar has launched the AYUSHMAN SAHAKAR scheme on October 19, 2020. The scheme has been formulated by the National Cooperative Development Corporation (NCDC) which is the apex autonomous development finance institution under the Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare.
- Aims: The scheme is an unique way that will assist cooperatives to play an important role in creation of healthcare infrastructure in the country. The scheme would be providing a working capital and margin money to meet operational requirements of the health facilities. It also provides interest subvention of one percent to cooperatives where women are in majority.
♦Union Bank of India CEO Rajkiran Rai is new chairman of IBA
- Indian Banks’ Association (IBA) announced Union Bank of India’s MD and CEO Rajkiran Rai G has been elected as the association’s chairman for the term 2020-21.
- State Bank of India’s Chairman Dinesh Kumar Khara has been elected as the deputy chairman of the association.
- IBA is an association of banks and other entities in the banking ecosystem in India catering to its members.
Note: About Indian Banks’ Association
- CEO: Sunil Mehta
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Founded: 26 September 1946
♦GoI extends Home Secretary Ajay Kumar Bhalla’s tenure till 2021
- The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet has approved the extension of the tenure of Home Secretary, Ajay Kumar Bhalla till August 22, 2021.
- Bhalla, a 1984 batch IAS officer of Assam-Meghalaya cadre, was appointed as Home Secretary in August 2019. He was to superannuate on November 30, 2020.
List of Secretary
- Cabinet Secretary– Rajeev Gauba
- Defence Secretary– Ajay Kumar
- Information and Broadcasting Secretary– Ravi Mittal
- Foreign secretary– Harsh Vardhan Shringla
♦Aishwarya Sridhar, first Indian woman to win Wildlife Photographer of the Year award
- Aishwarya Sridhar, 23, has become the first Indian woman to win the Wildlife Photographer of the Year award. Her photo won among 50,000 entries from over 80 countries across the world.
- Only 100 images were shortlisted and she won the award for her photograph in the Behaviour Invertebrates category.
♦India successfully testfires Prithvi-2 ballistic missile with over 250 km strike range
- India, on 18th October, successfully testfired the over 250 km strike range Prithvi-2 ballistic missile off the coast of Balasore, Odisha. The DRDO-developed Missile is already the part of the Strategic Forces Command, which is the custodian of India’s nuclear arsenal.
- This is the latest in the series of missile tests conducted by India in the recent past. the DRDO launched Nirbhay missile, the 10th successive missile launch by the defence research agency in just 35 days.
- On September 30, BrahMos Extended Range Supersonic Cruise Missile which can strike the target at a distance of over 400 km, was test-fired off the coast of Odisha.
♦Indian and Sri Lankan navies to begin exercise SLINEX on 19th October
- The 8th annual joint exercise between Indian and Sri Lankan navies – SLINEX-20 will begin on October 19, 2020 off the Trincomalee coast. It is a 3 day exercise and will end on October 21, 2020.
- The exercise comply with India’s Security and Growth for all in the Region (SAGAR) Policy and Neighbourhood first policy.
- Note: Mitra Shakti, another joint exercise between Indian and Sri Lankan navies.
♦Australia to participate in Malabar naval exercise next month along with India, US and Japan
- Australia will participate in Malabar, the major naval exercise in the Indian Ocean next month, along with India, the United States and Japan.
- Discussions have been going on about getting Australia, the fourth member of the Quad, to take part. Sources said Australia’s participation is now final. The exercise is planned for late November in the Indian Ocean.
Note: List of Defence exercise
- Red Flag: India and US
- ‘Sahyog Kaijin’: India and Japan
- “Tiger Triumph”: India and US
- Dharma Guardian: India and Japan
- Shinyuu Maitri’: India and Japan (Airforce)
- Exercise JIMEX: Indian and Japanese (navies)
- Yudh Abhyas: India and United States
- Passex : India, Australian and United States (Navy)
♦Denmark Open 2020, Badminton: Overview
- DANISA Denmark Open 2020 took place from October 13-18, 2020 in Odense, Denmark. Denmark Open is an annual Badminton Tournament held in Denmark, orgnized by Denmark Badminton forbund.
|Men’s Single||Anders Antonsen (Denmark) beat Rasmus Gemke (Denmark)|
|Women’s Single||Nozomi Okuhara (Japan) beat Carolina Marin (Spain)|
|Men’s Double||Marcus Ellis and Chris Langridge (England) beat Vladimir Ivanov and Ivan Sozonov (Russia)|
|Women’s Double||Fukushima Yuki and Hirota Sayaka (Japan) beat Matsumoto Maya and Nagahara Wakana (Japan)|
|Mixed Double||Mark Lamsfuss and Isabel Herttrich (Germany) beat Chris and Gabby Adcock (England)|
♦ Actor Zarina Roshan Khan passes away
- Actor Zarina Roshan Khan recently passed away in Mumbai following a cardiac arrest. She was 54. Khan played the role of Indu Dadi in Zee TV show Kumkum Bhagya.
- Having started her career as a stunt woman, Zarina starred in several shows and films. Apart from Kumkum Bhagya, she was also seen playing a pivotal role in Vidya.
Recommended for RBI Assistant & SBI Clerk Mains
- Computer Capsule for RBI Assistant Mains 2020 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2020
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account