Daily GK Update 1 Jan 2021, Daily Current Affairs 2021 :
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2021. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2021, Daily GK Update 2021. All the important updates based on current affairs 2021 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2021 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2021 State and NRA CET Exam of 2021.
National (Current Affairs)
♦PM to lay Foundation Stone of the permanent campus of IIM Sambalpur on 2 January
- Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi will lay the foundation stone of the permanent campus of IIM Sambalpur on 2nd January 2021.
- About IIM Sambalpur: IIM Sambalpur is the first IIM to implement the idea of flipped classroom where the basic concepts are learnt in digital mode and experiential learning takes place in the class, through live projects from the industry. The Institute also outscored all other IIMs in terms of highest gender diversity with 49% girl students in MBA (2019-21) batch and 43% in MBA (2020-22) batch.
♦Mandatory implementation of FASTag wef new year day; hybrids lanes to remain operational till 15th February, 2021
- Ministry of Road Transport & Highways has mandated fitment of FASTag with effect from 1st January, 2021, in M and N categories of motor vehicles sold before 1st December, 2017.
- Category ‘M’ stands for a motor vehicle with at least four wheels used for carrying passengers.
- Category ‘N’ stands for a motor vehicle with at least four wheels used for carrying goods, which may also carry persons in addition to goods. It is clarified that this Central Motor Vehicle Rule stands in force as it is.
- However, at hybrid lanes of fee plazas on National Highways, fee payment can be made through FASTag as well as in cash mode till 15th February, 2021. Moreover, in FASTag lanes of fee plazas, payment of fees will continue to be through FASTag only.
International (Current Affairs)
♦IFSCA becomes member of IOSCO
- The International Financial Services Centres Authority (IFSCA) has become an Associate Member of the International Organization of Securities Commissions (IOSCO).
- The IOSCO is the international organization that brings together the world’s securities regulators, covering more than 95% of the world’s securities markets, and is the global standard setter for the securities sector.
- IOSCO works closely with the G20 and the Financial Stability Board (FSB) in setting up the standards for strengthening the securities markets.
- The IOSCO Objectives and Principles of Securities Regulation have been endorsed by FSB as one of the key standards for sound financial systems.
- The membership of IOSCO would provide IFSCA the platform to exchange information at the global level and regional level on areas of common interests.
Note: About IOSCO
- Headquarters: Madrid, Spain
- Founded: April 1983
- Secretary General: Paul P. Andrews
Banking & Financial
♦GST collections at all-time high of over Rs 1.15 lakh crore in December
- GST collections touched a record high of over Rs 1.15 lakh crore in December, reflecting festive demand and reflating economy.
- The gross GST revenue collected in the month of December 2020 is Rs 1,15,174 crore and is the highest since the introduction of Goods and Services Tax from July 1, 2017.
Note: List of GST Collection previous months
- Novemeber: ₹1.04 lakh crore
- October 2020: ₹ 1,05,155crore
- September 2020: ₹ 95,480 crore
- August 2020: ₹ 86,449 crore
- July 2020: Rs 87,422 crore
- June 2020: Rs 90,917 crore
♦Isro Chairman K Sivan gets one-year extension till January 2022
- The government has extended by a year the tenure of K Sivan as chairman of the Indian Space Research Organisation (Isro), a move that’ll ensure continuity in opening up the space sector to private players and startups.
- The appointments committee of the union cabinet approved the extension to January 2022. Sivan, who took over as Isro chairman in January 2018, has led the space agency’s efforts to allow private firms and startups to build rockets and satellites and operate them for customers.
♦Suneet Sharma takes over the charge of new Chairman & CEO of Railway Board
- Suneet Sharma, has taken over the charge of new Chairman & Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Railway Board (Ministry of Railways) and ex-officio Principal Secretary to Government of India.
- Suneet Sharma joined the Indian Railways in 1979 as a Special Class Apprentice while he was studying engineering at IIT Kanpur. A graduate in Mechanical and Electrical Engineering he has more than 40 years of experience serving in the Indian Railways in various capacities.
Founded: March 1905
16th Zone In Indian Railways, list of some Zonal Headquarter
- Central Railway-Mumbai
- Eastern Railway-Kolkata
- East Central Railway-Hajipur
- East Coast Railway-Bhubaneshwar
- Northern Railway-New Delhi
- North Central Railway-Allahabad
- North Eastern Railway-Gorakhpur
- North Frontier Railway-Guwahati
- North Western Railway-Jaipur
- Southern Railway-Chennai
♦Four Judges elevated as Chief Justices of Odisha, Telangana, Madras and J& K High Courts
The President of India, in exercise of the power conferred by clause (1) of Article 217 of the Constitution of India.
- S. Muralidhar– Orissa
- HimaKohli– Telangana
- Sanjib Banerjee– Madras
- Pankaj Mithal- Jammu & Kashmir and Ladakh
List of CJI Recently Appointment
- Raghvendra Singh Chauhan– Uttarakhand.
- Jitendra Kumar Maheshwari-Sikkim.
- Mohammad Rafiq-Madhya Pradesh.
- Arup Kumar Goswami-Andhra Pradesh.
♦MoD signs contract with BEL to supply indigenously developed 10 Lynx U2 Fire Control systems for Indian Navy
- Ministry of Defence (MoD) has signed a contract with Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL) for procurement of 10 Lynx U2 Fire Control systems for frontline warships of Indian Navy at a cost of Rs 1,355 crore under Buy (Indian) category in New Delhi on 1st Jan.
- The Lynx system has been designed and developed indigenously that would further the ‘Atmanirbhar Bharat’ vision of Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi.
- The LYNX U2 GFCS is a Naval Gun Fire Control System designed to acquire, track and engage targets amidst sea clutter. It is capable of accurately tracking air/surface targets, generating required target data for predicting weapon aiming points and engaging target.
- The target engagement is carried out with the medium/short range gun mounts like Russian AK176, A190 and AK630 and the SRGM available onboard ships.
Note: About BEL
- CEO: Nalin Singhal
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Founded: 1964
♦BEL signs contract with Indian Navy for Initial supply of indigenously developed Laser Dazzlers
- Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL) has signed a contract with Indian Navy for initially supply 20 Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation Dazlers (Laser Dazzlers) in New Delhi on 1st Jan. The BEL had earlier this month won the contract beating global Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) in buy global category. These would be manufactured by BEL, Pune plant.
- The Laser Dazzler is used as a non-lethal method for warning and stopping suspicious vehicles/boats/aircrafts/UAVs/pirates etc.
Recommended PDF’s for 2021:
- Computer Capsule 2021 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2021
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2021 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|