Daily GK Update 1 Oct 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2020. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current affairs)
♦South Eastern Railway launches ‘Operation My Saheli’ to enhance security of women passengers
- The South Eastern Railway has launched a project to boost the security of women passengers in trains during their entire journey, an official said. ‘Operation My Saheli (friend) gives security to women passengers from the originating point to the destination.
- Initiated as a pilot project, it has been introduced in three trains Howrah-Yeshvantpur Duronto Special, Howrah- Ahmedabad Special and Howrah-Mumbai Special since September 18.
Note: List of Important Operations (2019-20)
- Operation Bandar-Balakot strike
- Operation Khumaar– J&k (drug free panchayat)
- Operation Milap-by Delhi police to rescue 333 children
- Operation Sankalp-Indian navy (in gulf of Oman and Persian gulf)
- Operation Smile-Hyderabad police for 325 children rescued.
- Operation Sudarshan -BSF (border security force) to secure 100m border from Pakistan
- Operation Sunrise-Between the armies of India & Mayanmar
- Operation Support-By India for people suffering from Idi Strom in Mozambique
- Operation Swift Retort-Pakistan strike after operation Bandar
- Operation Thirst-RPF To healthy drinking water
♦Google India launches Make Small Strong campaign
- Google India on September 30, 2020 announced the launch of its nationwide campaign “Make Small Strong” in order to help support small businesses and drive demand through customer support.
- ‘‘Make Small Strong’ campaign is meant to “rally support from the citizens for small businesses. The citizens can help small businesses by buying locally, leaving reviews and ratings and by promoting their favourite retailers on social media. This would help to generate demand for these businesses.
List of Latest Campaign
- ‘Spandan’ Campaign : Chhattisgarh
- Charan Paduka’ Campaign : Madhya Pradesh
- Pure for Sure’ Campaign : Rajasthan
- Roko -Toko’ Campaign : Madhya Pradesh
- ‘Hamara Ghar-Hamara Vidyalaya’ Campaign : Madhya Pradesh
- Intzaar Aap Ka‘ Campaign : Madhya Pradesh
- ‘Ek Mask – Anek Zindagi’: Madhya Pradesh
- ‘DIGITAL APNAYEN’: PNB
- ‘Gandagi Bharat Chhodo’: MP
- ‘My Family, My Responsibility’: Maharashtra
Banking and Financial
♦RBI defers Basel III provisions amid Covid Uncertainty
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has deferred implementation of provisions made under Basel III capital due to uncertainty related to COVID crisis.
- In this regard, RBI will repel the final tranche of the capital conservation buffer (CCB) and the implementation of net stable funding ratio (NSFR) by six months i.e. April 1, 2021.
- The capital conservation buffer is an additional pool that banks build in normal times for its use during periods of stress. The RBI had asked banks to build up the capital conservation buffer to the required 2.5% in stages. The last stage of 0.625% was to start on Sept. 30, 2020. This has now been deferred to April 1, 2021. The RBI had earlier deferred the implementation by six months from March 31, 2020.
Note: Current Policy Rate
- Repo Rate-4.%
- Reverse Repo Rate -3.35%
- Marginal Standing Facility(MSF) Rate-4.25%
- Bank Rate-4.25%
- Cash reserve Ratio(CRR)-3%
- Statutory Liquidity Ratio(SLR)-18%
♦Bengal Peerless appoints Sourav Ganguly as brand ambassador
- Kolkata based Real Estate Developer, Bengal Peerless Housing Development Company Limited appointed Former National Cricket Team Captain and Current President of Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI), Sourav Ganguly as it’s Brand Ambassador.
- He will lead the campaign of Bengal Peerless’s Residential Project Avidipta II.
Note: List of brand ambassador
- JSW Cement: Sourav Ganguly & Sunil Chhetri
- ebikeGo: Harbhajan Singh
- Oakley’s: Rohit Sharma
- Bajaj Allianz: Ayushmann Khurrana
- Paytm First Games (PFG): Sachin Tendulkar
- Great Learning: Virat Kohli
- Acer India: Sonu Sood
- Ceat Tyres: Aamir Khan
- Myntra for beauty segment: Disha Patani
♦Filmmaker Shekhar Kapur appointed new president of FTII society and chairman of governing council
- The Ministry of Information and Broadcasting on 30th September appointed filmmaker Shekhar Kapur president of Pune’s Film and Television Institute of India Society and chairperson of the institute’s governing council.
- He will succeed television producer-director BP Singh, best known as director of the popular TV series CID. Kapur’s tenure will last till March 3, 2023.
Note: About FTII
- President-Shekhar Kapur
- Director-Bhupendra Kainthola
- Headquaters: Pune, Maharashtra
♦1st October: International Day For Older Persons 2020
- The UN General Assembly designated October 1 as the International Day of Older Persons on December 14, 1990. Focus and raise awareness about the well-being and needs of elderly people.
- According to experts, senior citizens have been the worst-hit by coronavirus as they are the most vulnerable. Mental health issues and loneliness of elderly people need special attention.
- Theme 2020: “Pandemics: Do They Change How We Address Age and Ageing?”.
♦1st October: International Coffee Day 2020
- International Coffee Day is widely known yearly on October 1st to recognise and have fun the efforts of all these people who find themselves related to the espresso enterprise.
- International Coffee Organisation (ICO) organised and launched First World Coffee Day in 2015 at Milan.
♦1st October: World Vegetarian Day 2020
- October 1, to be the World Vegetarian Day. This special day is dedicated to promoting a vegetarian diet, as many people find it to be healthier and more eco-friendly compared to a non-vegetarian diet.
- The main mission of the World Vegetarian Day is to “promote the joy, compassion and life-enhancing possibilities of vegetarianism”.
Recommended for RBI Assistant & SBI Clerk Mains
- Computer Capsule for RBI Assistant Mains 2020 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2020
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account