Daily GK Update 2nd April 2021, Daily Current Affairs 2021
Current Affairs 2nd April 2021: Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2021. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2021, Daily GK Update 2021. All the important updates based on current affairs 2021 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2021 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2021 State and NRA CET Exam of 2021.
National (Current Affairs)
Maharashtra: Amboli named as biodiversity heritage site
- The Maharashtra government on 31st March declared an area at Amboli in Western ghats in Sindhudurg district, where a rare freshwater fish species was discovered, as a biodiversity heritage site.
- Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray”s son Tejas Thackeray, who is a wildlife researcher,and his teamhad discovered the new freshwater fish species – Schistura Hiranyakeshi” near Amboli in Sawantwadi tehsil of Sindhudurg district.
Central govt declares 14th April, birthday of Dr B R Ambedkar as public holiday for all its offices
- The central government has declared April 14, Dr. BR Ambedkar’s birthday a public holiday. Dr. B R Ambedkar was the sculptor of the Indian Constitution and the country already celebrates his birthdayy as Ambedkar Jayanti every year.
- It will be Ambedkar’s 130th birth anniversary on April 14, 2021.
Banking and Financial
GST revenue collection in March 2021 hits record high of Rs 1.24 lakh crore
- India’s economic recovery is gathering steam. The GST collections for the month of March have topped Rs 1.23 lakh crore, setting a new record since the implementation of Goods and Services Tax in July 2017.
- The gross GST revenue collected in the month of March 2021 rose to a record of ₹ 1,23,902 crore of which CGST is ₹ 22,973 crore, SGST is ₹ 29,329 crore, IGST is ₹ 62,842 crore and Cess is ₹ 8,757 crore.
Note: List of GST Collection previous months
- Feb 2021: Rs 1,13,143 crore
- January 2021: ₹ 1,19,847 crore
- December- Rs 1,15,174 crore
- Novemeber: ₹1.04 lakh crore
- October 2020: ₹ 1,05,155crore
Ghaziabad Nagar Nigam in Uttar Pradesh lists itself at BSE
- Ghaziabad Nagar Nigam listed itself at BSE and successfully raised Rs. 150 Crores by issuing Municipal Bond on Private Placement Basis using BSE BOND. This is the first-ever green bond issuance by any Municipal Corporation in the country.
- Ghaziabad Nagar Nigam is the second Municipal Corporation to raise funds in the state of Uttar Pradesh. Earlier, Lucknow Municipal Corporation had listed itself at BSE.
Subhash Kumar assumes additional charge as ONGC CMD
- Subhash Kumar, Director (Finance) at the state-run Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Ltd (ONGC), has assumed additional charge of the post of Chairman and Managing Director (CMD) on 1st April upon the retirement of incumbent CMD Shashi Shanker.
- A veteran with over 36 years of experience across the exploration and production value chain, Kumar first joined ONGC in 1985 as a Finance and Accounts Officer.
Note: About ONGC
- Headquarters: Delhi
- Founded: 14 August 1956
Mukhmeet S. Bhatia takes over as Director General of ESIC
- Senior IAS officer Mukhmeet S. Bhatia took over the charge of Director General of Employees’ State Insurance Corporation (ESIC) on April 04, 2021. Bhatia is a 1990 IAS Officer of Jharkhand cadre.
- Earlier, he has worked as the Additional Secretary in the Department of Economic Affairs, Ministry of Finance ESIC is a Statutory and an Autonomous Body under the Ministry of Labour and Employment
Note: About Employees’ State Insurance Corporation
- Founded: 24 February 1952.
- Headquarters: New Delhi.
Indian Army to participate in Multinational Military Exercise ‘Shantir Ogroshena -2021’ in Bangladesh
- Indian Army will participate in Multinational Military Exercise namely SHANTIR OGROSHENA -2021 in Bangladesh. The nine days exercise will start on the 4th of this month to commemorate the birth centenary of Bangladesh Father of the Nation, Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman and mark glorious 50 years of liberation.
- Indian Army contingent comprising 30 personnel from the Dogra Regiment will participate in the exercise along with contingents of Bhutan, Sri Lankan and Bangladesh Armies.
- The theme of the exercise is Robust Peace Keeping Operations. Military observers from the USA, UK, Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait and Singapore will also be in attendance throughout the exercise.
List of major multilateral exercises conducted by the military are given below:
Multilateral exercise and No of Participating countries
- COBRA-GOLD: Asia – Pacific countries
- BIMSTEC Disaster Management Exercise: India, Bangladesh, Nepal, Sri Lanka & Myanmar
- ‘Milan: The Naval Exercise ‘MILAN 2020’ is scheduled to be held at Visakhapatnam in March 2020 in which 41 countries have been invited.
- AFINDEX: Between the Indian Army and 16 African nations
- Samvedna: South Asian Region Nations
2 April- World Autism Awareness Day
- World Autism Awareness Day is observed on April 2, every year to makes people understand and accept people with autism, foster worldwide support, and inspire people. It is a day that spread kindness and autism awareness.
- The UN Secretary-General’s message for 2021 is, As we work together to recover from the COVID-19 pandemic, one key goal must be to build a more inclusive and accessible world that recognizes the contributions of all people, including persons with disabilities.
2nd April – Good Friday
- This year Good Friday is celebrated on 2nd April, This day is considered an auspicious day in Christianity. Good Friday is observed by Christians to commemorate the crucifixion of Jesus Christ and is observed on the Friday before Easter Sunday.
- On this occasion, people observe fast visit the church and remember the sacrifice of Jesus Christ. It is also known as Black Friday, Holy Friday, Great Friday, or Easter Friday.
02 April: International Children’s Book Day
- International Children’s Book Day (ICBD) is organised annually on 2nd April since 1967, by the International Board on Books for Young People (IBBY), an international non-profit organization, to inspire a love of reading and to call attention to children’s books.
- Theme 2021: “The Music of Words.
Recommended PDF’s for 2021:
- Computer Capsule 2021 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2021
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2021 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|