Daily GK Update 2nd Feb 2021, Daily Current Affairs 2021 :
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2021. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2021, Daily GK Update 2021. All the important updates based on current affairs 2021 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2021 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2021 State and NRA CET Exam of 2021.
National (Current Affairs)
♦India has highest number of new leprosy cases annually: WHO
- According to the World Health Organization (WHO), India has the highest number of new cases of leprosy in the world annually, followed by Brazil and Indonesia.
- India officially eliminated leprosy, an infectious disease caused by mycobacterium leprae, in 2005 by bringing the prevalence rate below 1/10,000 at the national level.
International (Current Affairs)
♦Myanmar Military stages coup, declares a state of emergency for one year
- Myanmar’s military staged a coup on February 1, 2021, detaining de facto leader Aung San Suu Kyi and declaring it had taken control of the country for one year under a state of emergency. The military recently made allegations of fraud in general elections by the civilian government.
- Suu Kyi’s National League for Democracy (NLD) party won the elections held in November 2020 easily. Along with Suu Kyi, President Win Myint has also been detained in capital Naypyidaw.
Note: About Myanmar
- Capital: Naypyitaw
- Currency: Burmese kyat
♦India to emerge as world’s 2nd most resilient economy in 2021, Germany Tops
- India will emerge as the most resilient economy after Germany in 2021 exhibiting a strong economic resurgence to the global economic turmoil caused by the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Germany ranks first in the PHDCCI International Economic Resilience (IER) Rank followed by India and South Korea at second and third positions, respectively, according to the report released by industry body PHDCCI.
- It is based on analysis of five lead macroeconomic indicators reflecting a country’s economic performance including real GDP growth rate, merchandise export growth rate, current account balance (as percentage of GDP), general government net lending/borrowing (as percentage of GDP) and gross debt-to-GDP ratio.
List of India’s Rank Different Index 2020
- Global Hunger Index 2020: 94th
- Human Development Index 2020: 131st
- Human Freedom Index 2020: 111th
- Corruption Perception Index 2020: 86th
♦Indian-American Bhavya Lal appointed Acting Chief of Staff of NASA
- Indian-American Bhavya Lal was appointed by NASA as the Acting Chief of Staff of the US space agency.
- She served as a member of the Biden Presidential Transition Agency Review Team for the agency and oversaw the agency’s transition under the administration of President Joe Biden.
Note: About NASA
- Headquarters: Washington D.C., United States.
- Founded: 1 October 1958.
♦Facebook appoints Henry Moniz as its First Chief Compliance Officer
- Facebook has hired Henry Moniz, Executive Vice President and Chief Compliance Officer at ViacomCBS, to be its first-ever CCO. Moniz will lead Facebook’s strategy and execution of compliance matters in the US and around the world.
- He will report to Jennifer Newstead, Facebook’s General Counsel and the audit and risk oversight committee of Facebook’s Board of Directors, Business Insider reported.
Note: About Facebook
- Chief Executive Officer: Mark Zuckerberg.
- Headquarters: California, US.
♦Anish Shah appoint as new chairman of Mahindra Finance
- Mahindra & Mahindra Financial Services has announced the appointment of Anish Shah as the chairman of the board, effective April 2, 2021. Shah is already a director of the company.
- He is the deputy managing director and group CFO of Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. Shah takes over from Dhananjay Mungale.
Note: About Mahindra & Mahindra
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Founded: 1991
♦Denmark win Men’s World Handball title
- Denmark defeated Sweden 26-24 to win a second successive men’s world handball title in Cairo on January 31, 2021. Spain defeated France 35-29 to finish third.
♦Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy T20: Tamil Nadu Beat Baroda By 7 Wickets In Final
- Tamil Nadu produced an impressive batting display after left-arm spinner M Siddarth’s four-wicket haul as they lifted the coveted Syed Mushtaq Ali T20 Trophy after defeating Baroda by seven wickets in the final on 31 Jan.
- This was Tamil Nadu’s second Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy triumph, after winning their first title way back in 2006-07.
♦February 2: World Wetlands Day
- World Wetlands Day official website reveals that the celebration of this environmental day dates back to the year of 1971. This was the year when several environmentalists gathered to reaffirm the protection and love for wetlands.
- Wetlands are the small environments of plant life and organisms which are found within water bodies. Wetlands bring ecological health to not only water bodies to all kinds of environment.
Book and Author
♦Yes Man: The Untold Story of Rana Kapoor Book by Pawan C. lall
- Yes Man is the story of Rana Kapoor, and his Icarus-like flight that eventually led to the Yes Bank crisis. From starting out as a junior employee at Bank of America to leading a bank worth billions, Kapoor’s rise and fall is a case study in ambition, greed and deceit. In this hard-hitting book, Pavan C.
- Pawan C. lall details not only Rana Kapoor’s journey, but also asks tough questions about the banking system, its regulators and even the business environment that led to a point of no return for Yes Bank.
♦Hal Holbrook, Emmy and Tony-winning actor, passes away at 95
- Hal Holbrook, who carved out a substantial acting career in television and film but who achieved his widest acclaim onstage, embodying Mark Twain in all his craggy splendor and vinegary wit in a one-man show seen around the world, died on January 23 at his home in Beverly Hills, California. He was 95.
- Hal Holbrook had a long and fruitful run as an actor. He was the shadowy patriot Deep Throat in All the President’s Men (1976); an achingly grandfatherly character in Into the Wild (2007), for which he received an Oscar nomination; and the influential Republican Preston Blair in Steven Spielberg’s Lincoln (2012).
Recommended PDF’s for 2021:
- Computer Capsule 2021 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2021
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2021 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|