Daily GK Update: 2 March 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK & Current affairs. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Chilli Festival begins in Khargone district
- In Madhya Pradesh, the two-day unique Chilli Festival begins at Kasrawad in Khargone district. Chilli Festival is a big business opportunity for traders, investors and exporters. It will also help in fulfilling the Central Government’s goal of doubling the income of farmers.
Note: List of MP Festival
- Khajuraho Dance Festival
- Lokrang Samaroh
- Malwa Utsav
- Tansen Music Festival
♦Lok Sabha Speaker Om Birla launches ‘Suposhit Maa Abhiyan’ in Kota
- Lok Sabha Speaker Om Birla on 29th February launched “Suposhit Maa Abhiyan” to provide nutritional support to pregnant women and adolescent girls.
- Union Minister Smriti Irani also attended the programme at Bhamashah Mandi in Anantpur.
- Lok Sabha speaker Om Birla represents Kota parliamentary constituency.
♦Historic City Chowk in Jammu renamed as ‘Bharat Mata Chowk’
- The historic City Chowk, the commercial hub in old Jammu, was renamed as ‘Bharat Mata Chowk’ following the passage of a resolution by the general house of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)-led Jammu Municipal Corporation (JMC).
- The renaming of the chowk drew mixed reactions from the people with most of them welcoming the decision but urged the JMC to focus more on development and cleanliness rather than changing names.
Note: List of Renamed Place
- Habibganj Railway Station– Atal Bihari Vajpayee Railway Station
- Ferozeshah Kotla Stadium- Arun Jaitley Stadium
- Bhopal Metro Rail- Raja Bhoj
- Bogibeel Bridge- Atal Setu
- Naya Raipur- Atal Nagar
- Bundel Section Express-Way– Atal Path
International (Current Affairs)
♦ADB to give $4 mn to member countries in Asia, Pacific to fight coronavirus
- Asian Development Bank (ADB) will provide a total of USD 4 million (about Rs 29 crore) to help developing countries in Asia and Pacific to fight the outbreak of novel coronavirus (COVID-19).
- The Manila-headquartered multilateral funding agency had earlier in February announced USD 2 million for fighting the disease and approved another USD 2 million in late February.
- The Asian Development Bank has approved a further USD 2 million to help developing countries in Asia and the Pacific contain the outbreak of the novel coronavirus and improve resilience to this and other communicable diseases.
Banking and Financial
♦Fitch cuts India GDP forecast for FY20 to 4.9% on weak demand
- Fitch Solutions on 2nd March cut its forecast for India’s economic growth to 4.9 per cent in the current fiscal that ends March 31, saying manufacturing could come under pressure from weak domestic demand and supply chain disruptions due to the coronavirus outbreak.
- The GDP growth is forecast to recover slightly to 5.4 per cent in 2020-21 (April 2020 to March 2021).
- Fitch Solutions are revising down our forecast for India’s real GDP growth to 4.9 per cent in FY2019/20, from 5.1 per cent previously, and 4 per cent in FY2020/21, from 5.9 per cent previously.
Note: List of FY20 India’s GDP forecast
- RBI– 5%
- World Bank-5%
- ADB– 5.1%
Appointment and Resign
♦Rajeev Suri steps down as Nokia President, CEO; Pekka Lundmark to take over
- President and CEO of Nokia and Nokia Siemens Networks, Rajeev Suri has stepped down. Pekka Lundmark as its new President & CEO.
- Currently President and CEO of Fortum, a leading energy company based in Espoo, Finland, Lundmark is expected to start in his new role on September 1.
♦Rafael Nadal Wins Third Mexican Open Title
- World No. 2 Rafael Nadal captured his first title of 2020, easily defeating unseeded Taylor Fritz in straight sets, 6-3, 6-2, in the final of the ATP Mexico Open on 29th February.
- He nabbed his third Mexico Open title to go with victories in 2013 and 2005.
Mexican Open 2020
|Men’s Singles||Rafael Nadal Parera (Spain)||Taylor Harry Fritz (America)|
|Women’s Singles||Heather Miriam Watson (United Kingdom)||Leylah Annie Fernandez (Canada)|
♦Sumit Sangwan’s doping ban lifted
- The one-year doping ban on former Asian silver medal-winning boxer Sumit Sangwan (91kg) was on 2nd March lifted after the National Anti-Doping Agency’s (NADA) appeals panel ruled that his intake of a banned substance was unintentional.
- Sangwan was banned for a year in December 2019 after testing positive for Acetazolamide, listed as a diuretic and masking agent under World Anti-Doping Agency’s (WADA) 2019 Prohibited List.
♦Dronacharya awardee athletics coach Joginder Singh Saini passes away
- Veteran athletics coach and Dronacharya awardee Joginder Singh Saini, who groomed some of India’s finest track and field stars, died in Patiala due to age-related problems. He was 90. Saini, who remained the chief national athletics coach for many years from the 1970s to 90s.
- Saini received the Dronacharya Award in 1997 for his contribution to Indian athletics.
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|
- WhatsApp Group Join here
- Telegram Group:- Click Here
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here