Daily GK Update, 20 & 21 June 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2020. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Central Govt has approved fund of Rs 1,189.40 Crore for implementation of JJM in Karnataka in 2020-21
- Central Govt has approved fund of Rs 1,189.40 Crore for implementation of Jal Jeevan Mission in Karnataka in 2020-21, which is a considerable increase from Rs. 546.06 Crore in 2019-20.
- Union Minister of Jal Shakti has congratulated the Chief Minister of Karnataka for efficient handling of the CoVid-19 situation while writing in connection with implementation of Jal Jeevan Mission (JJM) in the State. The Ministry of Jal Shakti has been working with the States in preparing a roadmap to implement Prime Minister’s flagship programme, Jal Jeevan Mission, which aims to provide 55 litres of potable water per person per day to every rural household of the country by 2024. JJM aims to improve the lives of rural people especially women and girls by reducing their drudgery.
- Since Karnataka is planning 100% household coverage by 2022-23.
Jal Jeevan MissionFunds allocated to State (2020-21)
- Bihar– 1,832 crores
- Assam –1407 crores
- Odisha- 812 crores
- Meghalaya- 175 crores
- Chattisgarh- 445 crores
- J & K- 680 crores
- Arunachal Pradesh- 255 crores
- Jharkhand: 572 cr.
- MP-1280 cr.
♦Centre approves funding of Rs 1,829 for implementation of Jal Jeevan Mission in Maharashtra
- The Centre has approved funding of 1,829 crore rupees for the effective implementation of Jal Jeevan Mission in Maharashtra for 2020-21. Jal Jeevan Mission is a flagship programme launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi 2019.
- It aims to provide tap water supply to all rural households by 2024.
♦Central Govt allocated Rs 156.61 Crore for FY20-21 to Tripura for implementation of JJM in State
- For the year 2020-21, the fund allocation for the implementation of JJM in Tripura has been increased from Rs 107.64 Crore to Rs 156.61 Crore. With an opening balance of Rs 136.45 Crore available with the State and along with this year’s allocation of Rs 156.61 Crore, and considering the State matching share, a total of Rs 320.16 Crore will be available with the state.
- State has planned to provide 100% Functional Household Tap Connection by 2023 under JJM.
International (Current Affairs)
♦India will be United Nations Security Council President for August, 2021
- India, which has been elected as a non-permanent member of the Security Council, will serve as the president of the powerful 15-nation UN body for the month of August, 2021.
- The presidency of the Council is held by each of the members in turn for one month, following the English alphabetical order of the member states’ names.
- According to the information released by the office of the UN spokesperson, India will assume the rotating presidency of the Council for the month of August 2021.
- India will preside over the Council again for a month in 2022.
Banking and Financial
♦RIL becomes first Indian company to hit $150-billion market cap
- The market valuation of Reliance Industries Ltd crossed Rs 11 lakh crore on after chairman Mukesh Ambani announced that his oil-to-telecom conglomerate had become net debt-free. Reliance Industries is also the first Indian company to cross the Rs 11 lakh crore market valuation mark. Mukesh Ambani, the chairman and managing director of India’s most-valued company Reliance Industries (RIL).
♦Mukesh Ambani Joins Club Of World’s 10 Richest As Net Worth Jumps To $64.6 BN
- Mukesh Ambani has entered the list of top ten richest persons in the world, according to the Forbes Real-Time Billionaire list. Mukesh Ambani’s net worth increased by over 12 times from USD 5.3 billion to USD 64.6 billion (Rs 4.9 lakh crore).
- Ambani, who owns 42% of Reliance, has benefited from a number of investments into the company’s digital unit, Jio Platforms Ltd., that Reliance said has made it net-debt free ahead of a March 2021 target.
♦Economist Amartya Sen Wins 2020 German Trade Peace Prize
- Germany’s publishers and booksellers association—has announced on June 17 that Indian economist, philosopher, and Nobel (1998) laureate Amartya Sen is the recipient of the 2020 Peace Prize of the German book trade.
- The Peace Prize has been awarded since 1950 and is endowed with a purse of €25,000 (US$28,088).
- Reason: Börsenverein chief Karin Schmidt-Friderichs has made the announcement, conveying a message from the board that says that in selecting Sen, the association “has chosen to pay tribute to a pioneering scholar who has addressed issues of global justice for decades,” a figure “whose work to combat social inequality in education and health care is as relevant today as ever.
♦Sourav Ganguly, Sunil Chhetri appoint Brand Ambassadors for JSW Cement
- JSW Cement, part of USD 14 billion JSW Group, has roped in former Indian cricket captain and current president of Board of Control for Cricket in India, Sourav Ganguly and captain of Indias National Football Team & Bengaluru FC captain, Sunil Chhetri as its brand ambassadors. The company is rolling out on June 20 its new marketing campaign Leaders Choice featuring the two sports icons in West Bengal, Bihar and Odisha.
Note: List of brand ambassador
- Anti-doping brand ambassador- Suniel Shetty
- PUMA brand ambassador- Sunil Chhetri, Kareen Kapoor khan
- Pepsi’s brand ambassador- Salman Khan
- Mastercard –M. S Dhoni
- New Ambassador for World Wildlife Fund (WWF)- Viswanathan Anand
♦Napoli beat Juventus on penalties to win sixth Italian Cup
- Napoli beat Juventus 4-2 on penalties to lift the Italian Cup for the sixth time after the score was 0-0 after 90 minutes in an empty Stadio Olimpco in Rome.
- Napoli are sixth in the league table as they target a return to the Champions League.
♦20th June: World Refugee Day 2020
- World Refugee Day is held every year on June 20 to raise awareness about the plight of refugees around the world. It is held to show solidarity with those who have been displaced and to honor their resilience and determination to keep their families safe.
- Theme 2020: Step with Refugee
Revision June Important Day
- 5 June- World Environment Day-
- 7 June- World Food Safety Day
- 8 June-World Brain Tumor Day & World Oceans Day
- 12 June- World Day Against Child Labour
- 14 June- World Blood Donor Day
- 15 June- World Wind Day & World Elder Abuse Awareness Day
- 16 June- Martyrdom of Guru Arjan Dev
- 17 June- World Day to Combat Desertification and Drought (International)
- 18 June- Autistic Pride Day and International Picnic Day
♦21st June: World Hydrography Day
- Hydrography plays one of the most important roles in today’s world by describing the physical feature of the navigable portion of the water covered area on the Earth’s surface through maps and nautical charts. Without a hydrographic survey, navigation for ships or fishing boats would have been much difficult. The International Hydrographic Organization (IHO) was founded on 21 June 1921.
- Theme 2020″ Hydrography- Enabling Autonomous Technologies
♦21st June: International Yoga Day 2020
- The proposal was first introduced by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in his address during the opening of the 69th session of the General Assembly.
- The International Day of Yoga has been celebrated annually on 21 June since 2015, following its inception in the United Nations General Assembly in 2014. Yoga is a physical, mental and spiritual practice which originated in India.
- Theme 2020: “Yoga for Health – Yoga at Home”.
♦Third Sunday of June: Father’s Day
- Every year, Father’s Day is celebrated on the third Sunday of June to acknowledge the many roles a father plays in his child’s life. This year, it will be celebrated on June 21.
♦21 June: World Music Day
- Every year, June 21 is celebrated as World Music Day. The day is celebrated to honour the amateur as well as professional singers around the world. It is also celebrated to create awareness about artists and also encourage the young generations to show their talent.
- World Music Day was first celebrated sometime in the 1970s on June 21. American musician Joel Cohen, who was then working in a French radio station, wanted bands to play in order to welcome the first day of summer.
- Theme 2020: “Music at the intersections”.
♦Malayalam Director Sachy Passes Away
- The Kerala film industry plunged into sadness when the news came of ailing popular film director and script writer KR Sachidanandan passing away at a hospital in Thrissur on 20th June.
- Popularly known as Sachy, the 48-year-old was recovering from a hip surgery when he suffered a cardiac arrest on 15th June. He was admitted to the intensive care unit (ICU) of a leading hospital in Thrissur.
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION (DI) 2020 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here