Daily GK Update: 20 April 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK & Current affairs. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Centre releases 7,300 crore rupees to States & UTs under MGNREGS
- Centre has released 7,300 crore rupees to the States and Union Territories under Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme (MGNREGS) to liquidate pending dues of last financial year but also the wage dues for the first fortnight of 2020-21.
- Rural Development Minister Narendra Singh Tomar conducted a detailed review of all flagship schemes of the Rural Development on 16th April.
- Mr Tomar expressed satisfaction that over 93 thousand Self Help Group members are engaged in manufacturing of cotton protective face covers as well as sanitizers and are also running community kitchens across the country.
- Mr Tomar noted that under Pradhan Mantri Awaas Yojana (Gramin), over 800 crore rupees has been released to the States. He advised that around 40 lakh beneficiaries of this scheme who have received second and third instalment of funds must be assisted in a proactive manner to quickly complete their housing units.
Note: About MGNRES
- Launch year: 2006
- Sector: Rural Employment
- Launched by (prime minister): Manmohan Singh
- Ministry: Ministry of Rural Development
International (Current Affairs)
♦South Korea’s ruling party President Moon Jae-in’s wins general elections amid Covid-19 pandemic
- South Korea’s left-leaning ruling party won a landslide victory on 15th April general election, partial results showed, after the coronavirus pandemic turned the political tide in President Moon Jae-in’s favour.
- The country uses a mix of first-past-the-post seats and proportional representation, but even before all the individual constituencies were decided, Moon’s Democratic party had taken 163 seats in the 300-member National Assembly, an absolute majority.
Note: About South Korea
- Capital: Seoul
- Population: 5.16 crores (2018) World Bank
- Currency: South Korean won
Banking and Financial
♦S&P slashes India’s FY21 growth forecast to 1.8%
- Standard & Poor’s (S&P) slashed its FY21 growth estimate for India to 1.8% from 3.5% projected last month on concern that the covid-19 peak in India will come “somewhat later” than most other countries.
- The International Monetary Fund (IMF) has projected the Indian economy to grow at 1.9% in 2020-21 while Barclays has estimated 0% growth for India in 2020.
Note: India GDP projected F21
- India Ratings & Research-3.5%
- Goldman Sachs-1.6%
- ADB– 4%
- UN- 4.8
- IMF- 1.9%
♦TVS Motor acquires iconic British bike company Norton
- TVS Motor has clinched a $20 million (~Rs 153 Crore) deal to buy British brand Norton Motorcycles. The move now becomes the latest acquisition of a British auto manufacturer by an Indian entity, after Tata Motors acquired Jaguar Land Rover more than a decade earlier.
- As part of a distressed sale, India’s third-largest motorbike manufacturer completed an all-cash transaction for the acquisition. As announced on 17th April, TVS Motor will take control of the Leicestershire brand ‘Norton Motorcycles’ for 16 million pounds ($19.98 million) through one of its overseas subsidiaries.
- About Norton Motorcycles
- Norton is a 122 year-old motorcycle company founded by James Lansdowne Norton in Birmingham, and has popular series of bikes sold under Commando and Dominator names.
♦Kapil Dev Tripathi appointed Secretary to President Kovind
- Kapil Dev Tripathi was on 20th April appointed as the Secretary to President Ram Nath Kovind, according to a Personnel Ministry order.
- The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet headed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi has appointed Tripathi as Secretary to Kovind on contract basis, for a term co-terminus with the tenure of the President.
Note: List of Secretary
- Cabinet Secretary– Rajeev Gauba
- Defence Secretary– Ajay Kumar
- Home secretary-Ajay Kumar Bhalla
- Information and Broadcasting Secretary– Ravi Mittal
- Foreign secretary-Harsh Vardhan Shringla
♦BMW India CEO Rudratej Singh passes away
- BMW Group President and CEO Rudratej Singh passed away on 20th April morning due to a massive cardiac arrest. He was 46.
♦19th April: World Liver Day 2020
- A health day is celebrated to spread awareness about it. Similarly, world liver day is celebrated on the 19th April on account of spreading awareness about conditions that are related to the liver and for ensuring liver health.
- We will hence look at what is the function of the liver, few serious liver illnesses, common symptoms related to liver diseases, and management and prevention of liver disorders.
Note: List of Important Day (April)
- 4 April- International Day of Mine awareness
- 5th April- National Maritime Day
- 7 April- World Health Day
- 10 April – World Homoeopathy Day (WHD)
- 11 April – National Safe Motherhood Day (NSMD)
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern
Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION (DI) 2020 E-book|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK|
- WhatsApp Group Join here
- Telegram Group:- Click Here
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here