Daily GK Update 20th August 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2020. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Indore wins Swachh Survekshan 2020 for fourth consecutive time
- The city bagged the position for the fourth consecutive time. The awards were presented by Union Urban Development Minister Hardeep Singh Puri in a function held virtually on 20th
India’s Cleanest cities :
3) Navi Mumbai,Maharashtra
In less than 1 lakh population category:
- States with over 100 cities
- States with less than 100 cities.
- Among the towns along the banks of river Ganga
- Top- Varanasi
♦India ranks first in number of organic farmers
- India ranks first in the number of organic farmers and ninth in terms of area under organic farming.
- Sikkim became the first state to become fully organic and other states including Tripura and Uttarakhand have set similar targets.
- North East India has been traditionally following organic farming and the usage of chemicals in the region is reported to be far less than the rest of the country.
- The tribal and island territories are also being nurtured to continue their organic cultivation.
♦India attends World Conference of Speakers of Parliament
- Lok Sabha Speaker Om Birla attended the fifth World Conference of Speakers of Parliament. The conference was organized by Parliament of Austria and Inter-Parliamentary Union, Geneva with the support of United Nations.
- Theme: Parliamentary leadership for more effective multilateralism that delivers peace and sustainable development for the people and the planet
♦National Commission on Population: India’s Population to be more feminine in 2036
- National Commission on Population submitted its report on population projections for the period of 2011-36. The commission was set up by Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
- The report says that the sex ratio of the country is to increase from 943 (2011) to 957 (2036). Sex Ratio is number of females per 1000 males.
International (Current Affairs)
♦Luis Rodolfo Abinader sworn in as 54th President of Dominican Republic
- Luis Rodolfo Abinader Corona has been sworn in as the 54th President of Dominican Republic. Luis Rodolfo Abinader is a businessman who has never held any other elected office.
- He succeeds Danilo Medina of Liberation Party.
Note: About Dominican Republic
- Capital – Santo Domingo
- Currency – Dominican Peso.
Banking and Financial
♦Bharti AXA Life partners with SBM Bank India for insurance distribution
- Bharti AXA Life Insurance on 18th August announced its bancassurance partnership with SBM Bank India.
- Under this agreement, the insurer will offer its life insurance products, including protection, health, savings and investment plans, to customers of SBM Private Wealth, the retail banking arm of SBM Bank India.
- The company offers digital payment and distribution solutions in India and Nepal.
♦Nagaland school wins Pallikutam award for innovation in education
- The first ever Pallikkutam National Award for Innovation in Education instituted by Rajagiri Media was won by St Christopher School, Chessore, Village, Nagaland.
- The Silver Award was won by DAV Public School, Haryana and the bronze award was won by CMI Christ School, Iritty in Kerala.
- The award winners were chosen byan expert jury set up by the Indian Institute of Management, Kozhikode (IIM-K). The award committee deeply appreciated the effort of all the school leaders and teachers who ensured that students continued to learn in spite of Covid-19 crisis.
- Rank 1-St Christopher School,Nagaland
- Rank 2: DAV Public School, Haryana
- Rank 3: CMI Christ School, Iritty in Kerala.
Book and Author
♦Michael Cohen’s Book “Disloyal: The True Story of the Former Personal Attorney to President Donald J. Trump”
- Michael Cohen’s memoir about President Donald Trump titled “Disloyal: The True Story of the Former Personal Attorney to President Donald J. Trump” published by Skyhorse Publishing is set to release on 8th September 2020.
- Skyhorse describes “Disloyal” as a devastating business and political horror story of the century.
♦20th August: World Mosquito Day
- World Mosquito Day is observed on August 20 every year. The day marks the groundbreaking discovery of British doctor, Sir Ronald Ross.
- Way back in 1897 he had identified the link between mosquitoes and malaria.
Revision: August Important Day
- 1 August-National Mountain Climbing Day and Yorkshire Day
- 2 August (First Sunday of August)- Friendship Day
- 4 August- U.S. Coast Guard Day
- 6 August- Hiroshima Day
- 7 August (First Friday of August)-International Beer Day
- 8 August- Quit India Movement Day
- 9 August- Nagasaki Day
- 9 August- International Day of the World’s Indigenous Peoples
- 9th August: World Tribal Day
- 12 August- International Youth Day
- 13 August- International Lefthanders Day
- 14 August- Youm-e-Azadi (Pakistan Independence Day)
- 15 August- National Mourning Day (Bangladesh)
- 15 August- Independence Day in India
- 15 August- Day of the Assumption of the Virgin Mary
- 16 August- Bennington Battle Day
- 17 August- Indonesian Independence Day
- 19 August- World Photography Day
- 19 August- World Humanitarian Day
♦20th August: Sadbhavana Diwas 2020
- It is observed on 20 August every year to commemorate the birth anniversary of former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi. Tributes are pouring from everywhere on his birth anniversary.
- The day is observed to encourage national integration, peace, affection, and communal harmony among the Indian people of all religions.
- Sadbhavana Diwas 2020, 76th Birth Anniversary of Rajiv Gandhi.
♦20th August: Indian Akshay Urja Day 2020
- Indian Akshay Urja Day or Renewable Energy Day is observed on 20th August every year. Indian Akshay Urja is observed to mark the importance of renewable energy resources in India.
- India’s government is aware of the importance of development or renewable energy sources to provide the state with a sustainable amount of energy.
- Indian Akshay Urja Day was established in 2004 to support renewable energy development programs and promote its use instead of traditional sources of energy.
Recommended for RBI Assistant & SBI Clerk Mains
- Computer Capsule for RBI Assistant Mains 2020 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2020
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book||Get PDF here|
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
- More Daily Current Affairs Click here
- Get Free PDFs
- Banking Awareness Study Notes
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here