Daily GK Update: 20 March 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK & Current affairs. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Indian Railways to electrify all broad gauge routes by December 2023
- The Indian Railways network will be completely electrified soon as Piyush Goyal-led Railway Ministry has planned to electrify the remaining broad gauge routes on the network by the month of December 2023.
- Union Railway Minister Piyush Goyal shared that the Railway Ministry has planned to source around 1000 megawatt (MW) of solar power as part of its solar mission and around 200 megawatt of wind power based on the techno-commercial assessment. Out of this power, around 204.82 megawatt, which includes 101.42 MW of solar and 103.4 MW of wind power, has already been set up on the network. Solar and wind power are renewable energy resources, which is being utilized by the Indian Railways network.
- In the year 2019-2020, a target of electrifying 6,000 km of broad gauge route has been planned
- In the year 2020-2021, a target of electrifying 6,000 km of broad gauge route has been planned
- In the year 2021-2022, a target of electrifying 6,000 km of broad gauge route has been planned
- In the year 2022-2023, a target of electrifying 6,5000 km of broad gauge route has been planned
- In the year 2023-2024 (till the month of December 2023), a target of electrifying 4,310 km of broad gauge route has been planned
- Hence, Indian Railways has planned to electrify a total of 28,810 km of broad gauge route.
Note: List of Upcoming Government Scheme Project Targets Agendas
- One Nation One Ration Card-2020
- To generate solar Power (500GW)-2030
- Har Ghar Jal-2024
- Utkarsh (Road Plan by RBI)-2022
- Net zero carbon emitting in indian railways-2030
- Piyush Goyal target Railways to run 100% on electricity by –2024
♦SIDBI to start Swavalamban Express on 5 June
- Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI) is to start Swavalamban Express on 5 June 2020. Swavalamban Express will depart from Lucknow on 5 June. The journey will be for 15 days, and it will cover about 7000 km of track.
- Aim: Promote budding business aspirants and entrepreneurs. SIDBI will start a special train based on the opinions and suggestions of various stakeholders.
♦PM Modi calls for ‘Janata curfew’ on March 22 from 7 AM-9 PM
- Narendra Modi has called for ‘Janata Curfew’ on Sunday. Read More…..
♦India third largest producer of Electricity in the World
- As per the latest key world energy statistics published by the IEA in 2019, India is the 3rd largest producer of electricity in the world and it ranks 106th in terms of per capita consumption in 2017.
- Stating this in a written reply in the Lok Sabha on 20th March Shri R.K. Singh, Minister of State (IC) for Power, New & Renewable Energy and the Minister of State for Skill Development & Entrepreneurship stated that reforms in power sector is a continuous process due to changes in the situation. India has become power surplus from power deficit situation. Thus, power sector reforms now focus on supply of 24×7 quality power to consumers, higher standards of service, promotion of renewable energy sources, development of hydro power, improving efficiency, specially in distribution sector, etc.
Banking and Financial
♦Crisil cuts India GDP growth forecast FY21 to 5.2%
- Crisil has cut India’s GDP growth rate forecast for FY21 citing financial sector stress and COVID-19 impact.
- In view of this, Crisil has cut its base-case GDP growth forecast for fiscal 2021 to 5.2%, from 7% announced recently.
Note: India’s GDP Forecast FY2020-21
- World Bank-5.8%
♦Fitch cuts India growth forecast to 5.1% for FY’21
- Fitch Ratings on 20th March cut India’s growth forecast to 5.1 per cent for FY 2020-21, saying the coronavirus outbreak is likely to hit business investment and export Fitch had in December 2019 projected India’s growth at 5.6 per cent for 2020-21 and 6.5 per cent in the following year.
♦15th Finance Commission sets up 8-member panel headed by its Chairman N. K. Singh to review fiscal consolidation road map of the both state and central
- The Fifteenth Finance Commission (15th FC) will monitor the situation in India in the wake of coronavirus pandemic and also the country’s response to it, as part of its deliberations ahead of the recommendations for 2020-21 (FY21) to 2025-26 (FY26).
- The Commission’s Chairman N K Singh said on 19th March that some aspects that will need to be examined include health-sector specific needs, the larger impact on the economy of the Centre and states, and disaster relief funds.
Appointment and Resign
♦Kamal Nath steps down as MP’s CM
- Madhya Pradesh CM Kamal Nath resigns on 20th March post his media briefing at 12 PM. As per the Supreme Court’s order, Kamal Nath had to undergo the floor test at 2 PM on 20th
- The state has been witnessing political crises since Jyotiraditya Scindia resigned from the Congress on March 10. The move led Legislators loyal to Scindia also quit the party to reduce the Kamal Nath-led government to a minority.
♦20th March: International Day of Happiness
- The International Day of Happiness is celebrated across the world every year on March 20. It was initially founded and conceptualized in 2006 by Jayme Illien, CEO of the United Nations New World Order project.
- Theme 2020: ‘Happiness for all’.
Note: List of March’s Important Day
- 1st March-World civil defence day
- 3rd March-World Hearing Day
- 3rd March-World Wildlife Day
- 8th March-International Women’s Day
- 15th March-World Consumer Rights Day
♦20th March: World sparrow day
- Every year March 20 is observed as World Sparrow Day to raise awareness about the bird. World Sparrow Day also has a broader vision to provide a platform where people who are working on the conservation of the House Sparrow and other common birds can network, collaborate and exchange conservation ideas which will lead to better science and improved results.
- Theme 2020: “I LOVE Sparrows” and is pictured like “I Sparrows”.
♦Indian football legend P.K. Banerjee Passed Away
- Legendary India footballer P.K. Banerjee died here on 20th March after battling a prolonged illness. He was 83.
- The 1962 Asian Games gold-medallist, whose best days as a striker coincided with Indian football’s golden era, was suffering from respiratory problems due to pneumonia.
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION (DI) 2020 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|