Daily GK Update 20 Jan 2021, Daily Current Affairs 2021 :
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2021. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2021, Daily GK Update 2021. All the important updates based on current affairs 2021 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2021 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2021 State and NRA CET Exam of 2021.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Assam to come up with Science City at Tepesia
- Assam to come up with of Science City at Tepesia in the outskirts of the Guwahati with an expenditure of Rs 184 Crore.
- Assam Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal laid foundation stone of Science City for popularising science and technology at the grassroots. The Science City would be built for a total expenditure of Rs. 184 crore covering an area of 250 bighas of land and roads, drainage system etc.
Note: About Assam
- Capital: Dispur
- Chief minister: Sarbananda Sonowal
- Governor: Jagdish Mukhi
♦Punjab CM launches Ghar Ghar Rozgar te Karobaar Mission’
- Punjab Chief Minister Amarinder Singh on 18th Jan virtually kicked off a state-wide scheme for allotment of 7,219 fair price shops (FPS) under his government’s flagship ‘Ghar Ghar Rozgar te Karobaar Mission’.
- The Chief Minister said the initiative would be instrumental in improving the economic condition of people, besides further strengthening the public distribution system to ensure seamless, fair and timely distribution.
- As a token gesture, the Chief Minister handed over allotment letters to five beneficiaries from Roopnagar, according to a government release here.
Note: About Punjab
- Capital: Chandigarh
- Governor: V. P. Singh Badnore
- Chief minister: Amarinder Singh
♦NITI Aayog to launch second edition of India Innovation Index 2020
- NITI Aayog will release the second edition of the India Innovation Index 2020 on 20 January in a virtual event.
- The index will be released by NITI Aayog Vice Chairman Dr Rajiv Kumar in the presence of NITI Aayog Member Dr VK Saraswat and CEO Amitabh Kant.
- The release of the second edition of the index—the first was launched in October 2019—demonstrates the Government’s continued commitment towards transforming the country into an innovation-driven economy.
- The India Innovation Index 2020 seeks to rank the states and union territories based on their relative performance of supporting innovation, and to empower them to improve their innovation polices by highlighting their strengths and weaknesses.
- The states and union territories have been divided into 17 ‘Major States’, 10 ‘North-East and Hill States’, and 9 ‘City States and Union Territories’, for effectively comparing their performance.
International (Current Affairs)
♦India’s 4th Rank in Global Firepower Index 2021
- The Global Firepower Index ranks the countries based on their potential military strength. India was ranked fourth in the index. The Global Firepower Index ranked 138 countries. The countries were evaluated based on prolonged offensive and defensive military campaigns.
- The United States topped, Russia ranked second, China was ranked third and Japan was ranked fifth. Pakistan was ranked the tenth most powerful country in the Global Firepower Index.
- 6th-South Korea
- 9th- Brazil
♦Davos Agenda Summit 2021
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi and the Chinese President Xi Jing Ping are to participate in the Davos Agenda Summit. The Davos Agenda Summit is organised by the World Economic Forum. The “Great Reset Initiative” of the World Economic Forum is to be launched during the Davos Agenda Summit.
- The theme of the Davos Agenda Summit, 2021 is “Stakeholders for a cohesive and sustainable world”.
The four major objectives that are to be discussed during the Davos Agenda Summit, 2021 are as follows:
- To address the urgent climate and environmental challenges harming the global economy.
- To transform industries into more inclusive business models.
- To Govern technologies driving the fourth industrial revolution.
- To adapt to social, demographic and technological trends reshaping employment, education and entrepreneurship.
Banking & Financial
♦HDFC, ICICI, SBI remain systemically Imp banks: RBI
- HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank and the State Bank of India continue to be the bellwethers of the country’s banking system, with Mint Road on 19th Jan reiterating that all three lenders remain in the category designated as Domestic Systemically Important Banks.
- The additional Common Equity Tier 1 (CET1), a crucial requirement for these lenders, has already been phased-in from April 1, 2016 and became fully effective from April 1, 2019, according to the Reserve Bank of India.
Note: List of CEO
- HDFC’s CEO-Sashidhar Jagdishan
- ICICI’s CEO-Sandeep Bakhshi
- SBI Chairman-Dinesh Kumar Khara
♦Kiren Rijiju Gets Additional Charge of AYUSH Ministry
- The Youth Affairs and Sports Minister, Kiren Rijiju, has been temporarily assigned the charge of the Ministry of AYUSH.
- The move was necessitated as Shripad Yesso Naik, the Minister of State (Independent Charge) for the Ministry of Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha, and Homeopathy (AYUSH) was undergoing treatment at a hospital in Goa.
- Mr Naik, 68, was admitted to the hospital on January 12 after he met with an accident while on his way back to Goa from Karnataka. The minister’s wife and his close aide died in the accident.
Note: list of Some Confusing Ministry
- Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution– Piyush Goyal (Additional)
- Minister of Food Processing: Shri Narendra Singh Tomar
- Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare Ministry of Rural Development, Ministry of Panchayati Raj-Shri Narendra Singh Tomar
- Ministry of Law and Justice Ministry of Communications, Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology– Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad
- Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment-Shri Thaawar Chand Gehlot
- Ministry of Human Resource Development-Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’
- Ministry of Women and Child Development Ministry of Textiles-Smt. Smriti Zubin Irani
♦Azim Premji, Dr Devi Shetty chosen for Press Club of Bangalore awards
- The chairman of Wipro Limited Azim Premji and the founder chairman of Narayana Health Dr Devi Prasad Shetty are among those who have been selected for the annual awards given by the Press Club of Bangalore.
- Premji has been chosen for ‘Press Club Person of the Year’, while Dr Shetty and actor-Director Sudeep Sanjeev have been selected for the ‘Press Club Special Award.’
Attempt CA QUIZ
Click to Subscribe Our Youtube Channel for Free Complete Banking & Insurance Course
Click here to Buy Static GK Online Test Series
Recommended PDF’s for 2021:
- Computer Capsule 2021 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2021
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2021 Preparation Kit PDF
Most important PDF’s for Bank, SSC, Railway and Other Government Exam : Download PDF Now
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|